• Status
    Not open for further replies.

jamil

code ho
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    The recent decisions took an important step toward reigning in the court's activism. Both at the circuit appellate level in the new one tier strict scrutiny guidelines that they must follow based upon historical text and traditions consistent within the framework of the 2nd Amendment and at the SCOTUS level by overturning a previous court's judicial legislative act known as RvW and returning it to the States where it always belonged.

That's why it is so important the make-up of the court needs to consist of a majority of conservative leaning originalist justices to combat judicial activism.

I know some of us have been picking at Trump's faults, including myself but I will give him credit where credit is due and if he wasn't elected the current make-up of the court would've been much different and these recent decisions would never have been possible.

So, here's a MAGA tip of the hat to Donald J. Trump on this one.

I'll agree with that. I remember being very reluctant to vote for Trump in 2016. I was gonna write in Dilbert or someone. Can't remember who. It was gonna be a protest vote. But then as election season wore on, that just didn't seem practical.

If for no other reason, holding your nose to vote for someone you don't like, so that they can nominate sane SCOTUS appointees, is pragmatic. It's still a risk because you don't know who they're going to appoint--at one point Trump talked about appointing his sister. But it did pay off in the end and Trump did not pick his sister.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    I'll agree with that. I remember being very reluctant to vote for Trump in 2016. I was gonna write in Dilbert or someone. Can't remember who. It was gonna be a protest vote. But then as election season wore on, that just didn't seem practical.

If for no other reason, holding your nose to vote for someone you don't like, so that they can nominate sane SCOTUS appointees, is pragmatic. It's still a risk because you don't know who they're going to appoint--at one point Trump talked about appointing his sister. But it did pay off in the end and Trump did not pick his sister.
    Well, I'll put it this way. I initially voted for Trump because of the things that HRC would have done, and I trusted him with my vote to make the right decisions if elected.

Despite his faults he came through and did not betray my vote for him and he made the right decisions on most of the issues that are important to me, and those are the things that should really matter.

Last edited:

jamil

code ho
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Well, I'll put it this way. I initially voted for Trump because of the things that HRC would have done, and I trusted him with my vote to make the right decisions if elected.

Despite his faults he came through and did not betray my vote for him and he made the right decisions on most of the issues that are important to me, and those are the things that should really matter.
    I think he betrayed my vote a little. The support for red flag laws, bump stock order, misuse of emergency orders. But heck, that last one got blown to hell over covid so Trump’s misuse was pretty mild in comparison. But overall Trump’s policies weren’t bad.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    I think he betrayed my vote a little. The support for red flag laws, bump stock order, misuse of emergency orders. But heck, that last one got blown to hell over covid so Trump’s misuse was pretty mild in comparison. But overall Trump’s policies weren’t bad.
    I would not disagree with some of that. That's why I said "most" of the issues. I posted a video unthread about his comments on red flag laws 'take the guns first and then work out due process later" and also the bump stock issue and the fact that he dissed the NRA.

All things that betray a lot of gun owners. "I don't need the NRA. They have no influence over me"

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Seems to me to rectify this is to get the actual people that were in the limousine to testify instead of secondhand testimony from a disgruntled aide who was not present. What's the odds of that happening? Short of that they are not interested in getting to the actual firsthand truth.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    It mentions in the body of the article that the actual SS agent who the aide claims was involved has made known it never happened and is willing to so testify under oath

They are already trying to alibi perjury by walking the claim back her testimony, saying she 'testified truthfully what she was told'. Same old unsubstantiated claims by people who were not actually present

I guarantee you the actual SS agent will not be called to testify by that kangaroo court. Cheney's 15 minutes are almost over

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    It mentions in the body of the article that the actual SS agent who the aide claims was involved has made known it never happened and is willing to so testify under oath

They are already trying to alibi perjury by walking the claim back her testimony, saying she 'testified truthfully what she was told'. Same old unsubstantiated claims by people who were not actually present

I guarantee you the actual SS agent will not be called to testify by that kangaroo court. Cheney's 15 minutes are almost over
    This sham of an inquiry is not about seeking an objective truth. They ALL hate Trump and members of his administration. Yep, no bias there in how they present this for public consumption.

Onebad06vtx

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Ellettsville
    Seems to me to rectify this is to get the actual people that were in the limousine to testify instead of secondhand testimony from a disgruntled aide who was not present. What's the odds of that happening? Short of that they are not interested in getting to the actual firsthand truth.
    Exactly right!
    She should be proven a lier and thrown in jail for awhile!

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    This sham of an inquiry is not about seeking an objective truth. They ALL hate Trump and members of his administration. Yep, no bias there in how they present this for public consumption.
    Yep, you don't see them expending this kind of effort on DeSantis or anyone else. They know 'he's comin' and hell's comin' with him'

They are desperate to keep him off the ballot because they know in their hearts next time they will not be able to cheat enough

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    Well. Democrats I guess have been saying that they're voting for Trump candidates in primaries so that Democrats would face weaker opponents in the general election. That may be true. Because it's quite possible that they're dumb enough to try it again after 2016.

Trump's polling numbers right now surpass basically every well known politician in the country.

m8HU8Xr.png

If they think people hate Trump, they need to look at their own party member's numbers. Because Trump is miles ahead of them in popularity.

daddyusmaximus

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    82   1   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Remington

True... and they also know it's too late now to even put the truth out there anyhow.
    The party faithful already heard "their" truth.
    That's how they work.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Trump's polling numbers right now surpass basically every well known politician in the country.

m8HU8Xr.png

If they think people hate Trump, they need to look at their own party member's numbers. Because Trump is miles ahead of them in popularity.
    He polls better than the leaders in congress, that is nothing to brag about. He is pretty much dead even with Biden, which is kind of sad all around. I am surprised that Kamala is more favored than the congress critters though.

Shadow01

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2011
    WCIn
    Give me mean tweets, brash, and sometimes harsh words towards congresscritters and cheap gas any day yes he was not a friend of 2A supporters, but I believe most of that was from bad advise. If he can find a way to not have RINOs leading the alphabet agencies and not have them as close advisers, he will have a great opportunity to make great changes.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom