Trijicon MRO - Love or Hate - Or help me diagnose...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Big Hank

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Aug 26, 2009
    This was originally a long rant about my troubles with a Trijicon MRO, and it has now been deleted.. I mentioned that I would be dismounting and remounting to see if I could identify anything wrong. I did just that and did find something wrong. The mount was already attached to the MRO upon arrival so I didn't bother checking screws, knowing Trijicon would have used Loctite.

My findings upon dismount is that the front two screws were only 1/8 turn past finger tight. The rear screws were as I expected. I am hopeful this is the problem with maintaining zero. Update to follow..

Seems fishy to me that the mount was already on the MRO and that Trijicon would miss this... (update: spoke to Trijicon and this mount is factory installed and should have been to torque)

More to come.

Last edited:

Latewatch

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Sep 13, 2012
    Henryville, IN
    It's common for screws on mounts not to be tight and or not installed at all from the factory because many buyers change out the mounts. Always check the screws on newly acquired optics and always apply your own lock tite once you've got it set up the way you want it.

Big Hank

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Aug 26, 2009
    It's common for screws on mounts not to be tight and or not installed at all from the factory because many buyers change out the mounts. Always check the screws on newly acquired optics and always apply your own lock tite once you've got it set up the way you want it.

I most certainly will from this point forward. Honestly this was a first for me to see the mount already ’attached.’ I blindly opened the box, screamed Trijicon knows best! Like any new fan-boy would do, and I carried on. (sarcasm)

Additionally, I have always been the type to not fiddle with thread-locked parts unless I’m starting over from scratch. I’ve learned now...

Assuming this solves the problem, I’ll consider hindsight 20/20 to be, always breaking things down and starting fresh.

I’m still pondering if someone had been in the packaging before me, or maybe it had been out for display.

IUKalash429

Bullet Hose
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Apr 6, 2019
    Rum Ham
    @Big Hank FWIW, my MRO came factory mounted to a Trijicon low mount and it was loosey goosey as well. Good thing for me though, because I immediately swapped the mount in favor of something else.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Dhlawson
    Top Bottom