May 4, 2008
    Oaklandon, IN.

Mr.Hoppes

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 15, 2008
    New Goshen IN
    Who starts blasting away at their front door just because someone knocked? WTF is wrong with people?

Can you say paranoid much? Prisions don't fix people, they just detain them for the duration and the release them on society. I make no case for prisioner rights or such for they have better health care than our veterans and more ameneties than most of us can afford. Problem is they learn the wrong things in prision. Then they are realeased and we wonder why they repeat or worsen thier crimes. Longer supervised probations that are actually supervised, and programs to help them fit into society would be benifical for society as well as the prisioner. I do believe in life = life not X number of years and death=death not 30 yrs of appeals. Swift Justice. Not lip service justice but real justice.

Crystalship1

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 4, 2008
    Oaklandon, IN.
    Who starts blasting away at their front door just because someone knocked? WTF is wrong with people?

Per the article: A convicted murderer who (most likely) was dealing and probably doing drugs. :dunno:

Again..... the failure here was a system that let this vermin out of prison in any condition other than having a toe-tag. :rolleyes:
    :cheers:

Doug

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Wait a minute... you wouldn't be an ex-convict unless you had been convicted of a felony. I thought convicted felons were not allowed to have firearms.
    How is it possible that he got a gun? Do you suppose he (GASP) Broke The Law??!?

Seriously, our prayers and condolences to the family of this young man.

Doug

ryanmercer

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    Speedway, IN
    Can you say paranoid much? Prisions don't fix people, they just detain them for the duration and the release them on society. I make no case for prisioner rights or such for they have better health care than our veterans and more ameneties than most of us can afford. Problem is they learn the wrong things in prision. Then they are realeased and we wonder why they repeat or worsen thier crimes. Longer supervised probations that are actually supervised, and programs to help them fit into society would be benifical for society as well as the prisioner. I do believe in life = life not X number of years and death=death not 30 yrs of appeals. Swift Justice. Not lip service justice but real justice.

I would love to say I do too, but lately they keep finding out that more and more people they executed, were in fact innocent thanks to advances in DNA gathering techniques. I wouldn't want that on my conscience.

Cwood

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 30, 2008
    NE Ohio
    Wait a minute... you wouldn't be an ex-convict unless you had been convicted of a felony. I thought convicted felons were not allowed to have firearms.
    How is it possible that he got a gun? Do you suppose he (GASP) Broke The Law??!?

Seriously, our prayers and condolences to the family of this young man.

Doug

Yet they do not mention any weapon charges against him :dunno:

96harley

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2008
    Martinsville
    Maybe he only had one strike to go. Then he could be tossed out of the society game.

Now the evil black rifles and their law abiding owners will suffer because the convicted murderer probably got his rifle from a convicted thief who is also out of prison due to overcrowding from the guys on death row.

MinuteManMike

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 28, 2008
    Lawrence, IN
    I don't think him being an ex-con should matter. He's obviously a total loon and a waste of oxygen.

And my NRA course instructor told us of a COP that did the same thing to someone knocking on his front door. I believe he said that was here in Indiana and the cop didn't even go to jail. So it's not just paranoid drug dealers.

Top Bottom