• ...and so much more!
  • Joniki

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NE Indiana
    For travel, there's a CCW app that's updated regularly. Think it costs a buck.
    I had this app for a while. They now charge you every year. I like Legal Heat better and it is a one time fee. I drive through Illinois frequently on the way to Omaha and I DO NOT stop for anything.

seldon14

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Fort Wayne
    From what I recall the area immediately around your car is ok in Illinois as well, so as long as you pay at the pump, and don't have to see you could get out to fill up, without having to remove your gun.

04FXSTS

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 31, 2010
    Eugene
    From what I recall the area immediately around your car is ok in Illinois as well, so as long as you pay at the pump, and don't have to see you could get out to fill up, without having to remove your gun.
    Not really, it is only so that you may get out of vehicle to store carry gun in the trunk or retrieve it from trunk. I know you are no further away from your vehicle with pay at the pump than you are going to the trunk. You have to remember these laws were written by people that know very little about guns except they hate them. The only reason Illinois has CCW is because a federal judge ruled the state had to provide a method of self defense outside the home. Jim.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Thank you all for your insight and ad you can see why the original post AVOIDED discussion of IL as it's a rabbit hole of messy laws that were already known to jedi.

WI was the primary focus of the original post.

Butch627

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 3, 2012
    NWI
    I did, I do, and to be extra safe, I posted what "I" do.
    Locking up your unloaded gun doesn't make you safer, only more vulnerable but if it makes you feel better than best of luck if you ever need your gun when its safely locked up in order to make you feel extra safe

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Locking up your unloaded gun doesn't make you safer, only more vulnerable but if it makes you feel better than best of luck if you ever need your gun when its safely locked up in order to make you feel extra safe
    While you are correct from this point of view (safe as in personal protection) jedi thinks you misunderstood what STEEL CORE meant by "extra safe".

Extra safe in terms of having a firearm in Illinois and obeying IL laws so as to not get charged with breaking their laws and getting a felony and then losing all firearm ownership. From THAT point of view (not breaking IL laws) he too is correct that he is staying safe or extra safe for that matter.

Thus see why jedi wanted to AVOID IL from the original post.

Top Bottom