• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Danville
    Anyone know who has the lowest transfer fees on the West side of Indy? Bradis? Parabellum? Fort Liberty? PSS? Or Copperhead Ridge? I like all these stores, so I'm happy to buy from any of them. Just looking for the best deal. I've got a hankering for a PSA AK-47. Not sure why, but the bug has struck me to snag one of these and let it eat some Russian ammo from a can as I blast away at some targets!

Jomibe

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 28, 2013
    Hendricks County
    BZ Gunz in Plainfield is $15 cash only.

I've used him several times. No complaints. Just don't call him the minute your tracking number shows delivered. Give him time to call you.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    BZ Gunz in Plainfield is $15 cash only.

I've used him several times. No complaints. Just don't call him the minute your tracking number shows delivered. Give him time to call you.

Is this the new-ish shop off Stafford road and 267 where Marsh used to be?

WebSnyper

Maximum Effort
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    AllenM is like $20 I believe (when I last asked him). Obviously, I would contact him and make sure I understood his terms before just starting to have things sent there.

Last edited:

WebSnyper

Maximum Effort
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    No, he's a "kitchen table" FFL. Has an office out of his home. Appointment only. Been in business for several decades. Google BZ Gunz and it'll bring up his website.

I've seen BZ pop up several times when ordering, but have never used his services. Good experiences, I assume?

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Danville
    Thanks, guys! Not sure I'm going to go for it, or not, but it looks like a fun shooter. I am hesitant, though, because I don't want to start up with another thing that demands much of my wallet. AR's did enough of that to me over the years, lol. BUT, the AK is tugging at me, for sure!

Jomibe

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 28, 2013
    Hendricks County
    I've seen BZ pop up several times when ordering, but have never used his services. Good experiences, I assume?

Oh yeah, smooth transaction each time I've dealt with him. He's a good guy.

I think he's best for people who can follow procedure and keep appointments though. He's cheap, but he's doing it as a service and it's his home. The gun store route is nice if you need the flexibility to just pop in at a random time. That flexibility will cost a little more though.

Another thing that's nice about BZ Gunz, is I don't have to feel bad buying a new gun online for the better price from him. That's his business. Used guns you can still use a gunstore FFL and keep your head held high, lol.

bmanguns

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2017
    Tippecanoe
    $15 is impressive for sure. IÂ’ve been paying $20 and $35, which I think is good.

IÂ’ve seen some business starting to push back on transfers from high volume web vendors like grabagun. There point obviously is that these business never touch the gun and put pressure on the local shop.

harrysonsss

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 30, 2020
    Carmel
    Indy Arms Co. is $30 if you’re set on a brick and mortar location and not a kitchen table FFL (not that there’s anything wrong with it). For someone who lives in Carmel, cheapest local option I have is Pinnacle and that’s $45, so driving down to 55th and Keystone is worth the $15 difference IMO

jwamplerusa

High drag, low speed...
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2018
    Boone County
    Indy Arms Co. is $30 if you’re set on a brick and mortar location and not a kitchen table FFL (not that there’s anything wrong with it). For someone who lives in Carmel, cheapest local option I have is Pinnacle and that’s $45, so driving down to 55th and Keystone is worth the $15 difference IMO
    harrysonsss, Marksman Shooting Sports on 32 in Westfield is $30.

D K

Marksman
    Rating - 80%
    4   1   0
    Apr 10, 2010
    DLL for $25 (near Decatur HS, appointment-only).
    I can't seem to find a listing for Bradis, which wouldn't be far for you, either, but BZ sounds like he's at least the cheapest.

Today, I paid $40 when the going rate seems to be $25 in Greenwood, I believe it arrived yesterday and no call on arrival either day, so now I'm looking for a new shop for transfers on Indy south side.
    $40 for 15 minutes of time is a bit much, IMO. The NICS check comes at no cost to the dealer, so $25 seems perfectly reasonable.
    Granted, this is nothing compared to Point Blank's $75 fee (but for $60+tx you could be a range member for a month and get the transfer along with unlimited range time for the month).

I see Atkinson is showing $25 on their site, a relatively new small shop, they might just be my next agent, or
    USDS for $20 cash/$25 card (37/County Line), or
    D&R for $25 cash/$30 card (Southeastern),

I'd like to make INGO my first stop to find a site-supporting FFL for transfers.
    What would it take to post a sticky thread with a spreadsheet of dealers, phone numbers and their fees (and whether they discount forum-goers)?

Top Bottom