• ...and so much more!
  • ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    Who cares what people think. Dive in head first man. Do what makes you happy. That guy knows he's fat and may look like a fool to some people but he probably doesn't care. That's the beauty of it.
    And for the record I think ol Dunkin Donuts could cover my 6 anyday!
    :cool: :laugh6:
    +1, that fat, over-carbed airsoft player will know a lot more about how to operate than many keyboard warriors.

fullmetaljesus

Probably smoking a cigar.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Indy
    You know how you listen to somebody on the radio and think you have an idea what they look like?
    Well, I think you'd look good dressed like that, long coat, hat pulled low, steely eyed stare. Of course, I really have no idea obviously.
    Imagine slightly overweight Jesus in that get up and you will be pretty close

GIJEW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Seems logical that the "mission" drives the gear. If you're taking some carbine class, practicing mag changes with your chest rig or "war belt" makes sense. Stuffing rifle mags in your pants pockets along with your keys etc, sounds a little bit like someone throwing their J-frame loose in their purse.

CZ evo3

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 17, 2017
    Carrollton
    So, now I'm a tactiturd I guess. Plus, if I would ever venture out into a 2-gun match, I think it could be useful, I'm not sure.

I bought a chest rig (not a plate carrier) a few years back for carbine and 2 gun matches. Not exactly the same thing as body armor of course, but i felt like a total poser just making the purchase. I did it because the rules of one particular sport gives handicaps for chest rigs and plate carriers.

I had my Kydex guy make a custom set of 4 mag pouches for my CZ Scorpion on the chest rig, and the embarrassment soon evaporated. Much more efficient reloads.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    If you don't practice with you gear, how do you know if it actually works for you, or is high enough quality? I know people mock the "train like you fight" folks, but personally for me it's "train in case you HAVE to fight"
    Converse to train like you fight, PMac posits that you should show up to class in your boxers, after all, you’re most likely to be wearing them in a bump in the night sich. I for one am happy to skip the range if it really comes down to seeing most of INGO in their skivvies, other than Printcraft, everyone has seen his.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    My chest rig just arrived today. I better not practice with it. I probably shouldn't even put it on.
    Nope. Too tactical. Of course I have been wearing mine around the house for a couple months now. Loaded with mags. I wear it. I bunch it all up and throw it in a corner. I wear it long enough to get warm. I fold it inside out. I pull the mags in and out.

I figure it all helps to break it in. I don't want to take a class this year in a brand spankin new chest rig! At least if it's softened up some and maybe a little tattered around the edges, they won't immediately know I'm a poser. ;)

themadmedic

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 22, 2012
    Nope. Too tactical. Of course I have been wearing mine around the house for a couple months now. Loaded with mags. I wear it. I bunch it all up and throw it in a corner. I wear it long enough to get warm. I fold it inside out. I pull the mags in and out.

I figure it all helps to break it in. I don't want to take a class this year in a brand spankin new chest rig! At least if it's softened up some and maybe a little tattered around the edges, they won't immediately know I'm a poser. ;)
    :cool:You can leave it out on a deck for a bit to fade some too

Top Bottom