• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Johnny C

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Solsberry , In
    Seems like a lot of folks like to train in plate carriers and the whole tactical setup, with delusions of being Rambo if things went WAYYY south.
    Never had that hankering myself, nor do I have delusions of long term survival in a social downfall that would have people killing each other for a Twinkie.(Me being overweight doesn't help the situation)
    The training I do is EDC and street clothes. The grey man approach seems better, as the hard core folks would be targeting the tact-guys for their gear anyways.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Th
    Seems like a lot of folks like to train in plate carriers and the whole tactical setup, with delusions of being Rambo if things went WAYYY south.
    Never had that hankering myself, nor do I have delusions of long term survival in a social downfall that would have people killing each other for a Twinkie.(Me being overweight doesn't help the situation)
    The training I do is EDC and street clothes. The grey man approach seems better, as the hard core folks would be targeting the tact-guys for their gear anyways.
    Is may sound silly....I bought armor so when walking the dog around I don't have to wear ankle weights and weighted vests....

Of course, I bought a 4.5 in barrel pistol but wanted some extra mags.....so I bought a 5.25 in barrel pistol because if I am gonna buy mags, they might as well come with a pistol....it was like 120$ off the pistol to me :D

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    How else do you get your money's worth on such an investment and prove to others your bona fides if you don't wear it to the range and rallies?

If you got it, and think you might need to use it, well, training in gear is effective.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    I bought a chest rig. I wear it to Wal-Mart. JK, I don't go to Wal-Mart. But I bought one to take a carbine class this year where it is required. I wanted to take it last year and the host even asked the instructor if I could just stuff mags in my pants and he wasn't receptive.
    So, now I'm a tactiturd I guess. Plus, if I would ever venture out into a 2-gun match, I think it could be useful, I'm not sure.

No plates though. I'm not going to war and if I have to fight a battle from my home, it won't help me. I'm delusional if I think I can single handedly fend off a gang of attackers. Sooner or later they will overwhelm my home or burn me out of it.

I'm already dead; all that matters is the accounting I give of myself.

I too subscribe to the gray man approach. I even go so far to wear clothing that does not necessarily fit my personality but helps me blend in with the general population where I live.

Rating - 96.3%
    26   1   0
    Oct 22, 2011
    Lebanon
    I bought a chest rig. I wear it to Wal-Mart. JK, I don't go to Wal-Mart.
    Funny you mentioned this... wife and I were at the local Lebanon Wal-Mart and some D-nozzle wearing a plate carrier with what looked like a SCCY tucked in the front of with some holster that did not fit the gun. It was a spectacle to say the least. I tried to capture this impressive sight but couldn’t walk at his double time pace.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Funny you mentioned this... wife and I were at the local Lebanon Wal-Mart and some D-nozzle wearing a plate carrier with what looked like a SCCY tucked in the front of with some holster that did not fit the gun. It was a spectacle to say the least. I tried to capture this impressive sight but couldn’t walk at his double time pace.
    I wish you'd have said hi!

rosejm

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 28, 2013
    NWI
    :dunno: you gotta practice with your instruments and that should include the costumes too.

Even well-regulated folks learn lessons about their gear & its operation every time they train with it.

Hell, I'm shocked that some people have never practiced loading mags & operating their light/gun with gloves on -- they don't like shooting in the cold or rain.
    It's not a drastic difference, but you can learn quite a bit about it the first time you try...

KokomoDave

Enigma Suspect
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    76   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Kokomo
    If you bought a priest's collar, all the chester types would be quite envious and someone with an aganda could bash you up the side of your coconut with a Christmas tree branch like in NYC. Some people got seriously fooked about.

Tyler-The-Piker

Boondock Saint
    Rating - 100%
    101   0   0
    Jun 24, 2013
    ><(((((*>
    So you hop on a gun forum in the "tactics and training" section to tell people if they train with plate carriers then they're just playing Rambo. If we want to be serious then we should all train like you with our EDC in street clothes. Ok got it.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    Plate carriers are too bulky and uncomfortable to wear while out harvesting Twinkies from gray man bungalows.

I always train shirtless and use my tactical bow with thermonuclear broad tips.

rambo.gif

Top Bottom