www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Of course it was nobody's fault.

This crap really twists me up. If you screw up on their dime it is your butt. Let them get lazy and drop the ball and hell no, not their fault.

THIS RIGHT HERE!

As much as I hate to say, maybe somebody like Call6 for help? I think sweeps week is coming up, and somebody like Rafael Sanchez would happily chase down a couple of .gov lackeys to fight for the working man in exchange for possible awards or at least clicks/ TV views.

DocIndy

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Mar 30, 2010
    Franklin
    This same thing happened to a small flat open trailer we used at work for moving equipment around. It was stolen from our shop in fishers and recovered by IMPD on the east side. It went to a impound yard and we were notified after several weeks. I went and verified it was our trailer. Impound yard wanted $2600 for storage fees and tow bill. The trailer was $1200 new. They said they tried doing a registration search by vin number and couldn't get any information. I laughed since our plates were still on the trailer and I had a copy of the registration with me. Company ended up signing over the title to the impound yard since we could by two new ones for what they were holding the old one ransom for. Tow companies are a ****ing joke.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    This same thing happened to a small flat open trailer we used at work for moving equipment around. It was stolen from our shop in fishers and recovered by IMPD on the east side. It went to a impound yard and we were notified after several weeks. I went and verified it was our trailer. Impound yard wanted $2600 for storage fees and tow bill. The trailer was $1200 new. They said they tried doing a registration search by vin number and couldn't get any information. I laughed since our plates were still on the trailer and I had a copy of the registration with me. Company ended up signing over the title to the impound yard since we could by two new ones for what they were holding the old one ransom for. Tow companies are a ****ing joke.

And crooked as hell. Which one was it that got busted a couple years ago for aggresive towing in Broad Ripple for towing cars from downtown BR to the walmart parking lot instead of across town to their lot? Since it was like 30+ minutes each way they couldnt make that as much money turning 1 car per hour/truck. So they would hook them as fast as they could and tow them to a nearby lot (Keystone Walmart?) and turn a tow every 15-20 minutes. Then later on that morning they would take them to the impound lot at their leisure. (or had another truck moving them I dont recall)

As I recall they got busted when someone who got towed was riding home with a friend and noticed their car near the road in the lot, along with a bunch of others. They stopped and reported it as stolen and revealed that the tow operator was violating the rules by effectively hiding the cars so they could claim tows faster than they could legitimately. Jackwagons.

Top Bottom