• Status
    Not open for further replies.

bullseye092

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 20, 2021
    Lafayette
    Hello to all.... Tippecanoe County resident and healthcare worker here. Recently came into this world through the death of a family member, and sitting on all kinds of ammunition, some firearms, reloading equipment and so forth and trying to figure out if I want to learn more about it or if I just need to offload it, this was recommended by a friend of mine who was pretty into the scene and used to live here in Indiana. Wishing all of you the best.

1nderbeard

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Apr 3, 2017
    Hendricks County
    sorry for the circumstance but happy to meet you.

My personal advice would be to learn what you can about everything you have before selling any of it. Get involved and learn more before making any decision.

And if you do decide to sell, get multiple unrelated people to tell you what stuff is worth.

Also keep in mind most gun stores will not give you near retail prices. They'll look to give maybe 50-60%.

Happy to talk further if needed.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    sorry for your loss. And welcome to one of the biggest knowledge bases on the internet about guns and ammo. (hell, and a helluva lot more stuff)

Stick around and you'll learn more than you could have ever imagined when you first heard about this place.

fullmetaljesus

Probably smoking a cigar.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Indy
    sorry for the circumstance but happy to meet you.

My personal advice would be to learn what you can about everything you have before selling any of it. Get involved and learn more before making any decision.

And if you do decide to sell, get multiple unrelated people to tell you what stuff is worth.

Also keep in mind most gun stores will not give you near retail prices. They'll look to give maybe 50-60%.

Happy to talk further if needed.
    Solid advice here.

I recommend diving into the equipment learn all you can. Shoot all the guns. A couple times. Go with someone that really knows their ****. If it's something you enjoy, awesome you got a head start. If not save the primo stuff for further handing down and sell the rest.

Sorry for your loss and welcome to the club.

JEBland

INGO's least subtle Alphabet agency taskforce spy
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Oct 24, 2020
    South of you
    Welcome aboard, @bullseye092 ! My condolences on the loss of your family member. I'm just across the river and am a grad student at Purdue.

If you have supplies, you may as well see if you enjoy it.

Some options roughly in our area:
    - There's Applied Ballistics indoors in Lafayette (pistols and most rifles, 25 yd), and
    - Jasper-Pulaski park outdoors and about 45 minutes north of us (rifles, pistols, shotguns).
    - The Purdue Trap and Skeet is starting back up if you're curious about shotgunning - I think they have some public events like the Oct. 16th event.

marvin02

Don't Panic
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jun 20, 2019
    Calumet Twp.
    Welcome and my condolences for your loss.

Many who inherit guns are taken advantage of. If you decide to sell some of your inheritance make sure that you research the values and deal with reputable folks.

tim87tr

Freedom lover
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Eastern IL
    Welcome and my condolences for your loss.

Many who inherit guns are taken advantage of. If you decide to sell some of your inheritance make sure that you research the values and deal with reputable folks.
    Welcome and to add to this post, a time of grief is a difficult time period. Sorry to hear. That being said there's no hurry on the gun and ammo items. It's not like they will be worth less in a year.

As stated it's an opportunity to treasure a gift representing freedom from a Patriot. I hope you are able learn, enjoy and reach a decision that's best for you, no hurries.

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    bullseye092. Take all the time you need in the grieving process, normal life is plenty busy during these times.

I am in Lafayette, retired, a member of both clubs and the range. I will be glad to be of assistance in any way I can. If I cannot help, I probably know someone who can.

Indyhd

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    Noblesville
    Welcome to a great forum with a pretty good group of members with just a few A**hats.
    You will always get solid advice from this group.
    Sorry for your loss, but I hope you stick around and enjoy being here.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom