• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ed1838

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 20, 2022
    Seymour
    No damage that I saw here in Jackson county. Does explain my dogs behavior they would not let me sleep last night.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    The tornado sirens were deafening around here all night.

I drove around and saw some evidence of extreme winds here and there but I'm unsure if we had a tornado in my neck of the woods, might have just been a weak one skipping about, since I saw some ditches emptied of their gravel.

The real pain was the 12 hour power outage.

kickbacked

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    i've not seen a good one yet, few i've seen are amateur and contradict other maps (or just aren't very detailed)
    If you find one anytime soon post it. I got my saw sharpened in preparation for last night but we just got a severe t storm. If any touched down that aren’t too far away I’d like to help.

Frosty

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    Greencastle
    The tornado sirens were deafening around here all night.

I drove around and saw some evidence of extreme winds here and there but I'm unsure if we had a tornado in my neck of the woods, might have just been a weak one skipping about, since I saw some ditches emptied of their gravel.

The real pain was the 12 hour power outage.
    I heard downtown got hammered pretty hard :dunno:

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    OWEN County, Ind. (WTWO/WAWV) — Two people are dead after severe weather hit an Indiana campground Friday night.

First responders found the victims, 53-year-old Brett Kincaid, and 47-year-old Wendy Kincaid, both of Rossville, IN. following severe storms that hit the McCormick’s Creek State Park campground late Saturday.

OkieGirl

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2012
    iti anunka (In the trees)
    Posted earlier in the day on a book of faces private page for Campers in State Parks by a user named Wendy AndBrett Kincaid: "McCormick's Creek - we almost cancelled because of the forecast. Glad we didn't. Toughing it out!"

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Posted earlier in the day on a book of faces private page for Campers in State Parks by a user named Wendy AndBrett Kincaid: "McCormick's Creek - we almost cancelled because of the forecast. Glad we didn't. Toughing it out!"
    So sad. Be weather aware and dont be afraid to "run".

OkieGirl

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2012
    iti anunka (In the trees)
    So sad. Be weather aware and dont be afraid to "run".
    I think we all want to be capable and able to face whatever may come...

The forecasted conditions were well beyond the capability of any camper or caravan design. There were people commenting on the post that they were in the path of a Tornado and encouraging them to seek shelter. We've all heard weather forecasts that petered out into nothing and we shrugged our shoulders and kept moving; in this case the threat was real and the danger was greater than their shelter could handle. Heartbreaking for the family

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural

Indiana State Police Wants to Alert Tornado Victims of Possible Scams​

Indiana State Police sent this bulletin at 04/04/2023 11:14 AM EDT
    Having trouble viewing this email? View it as a Web page.​
    State Police Header Image 3
    INDIANA STATE POLICE
    PUTNAMVILLE DISTRICT
    1927 US 40 West
    Greencastle, IN 46135
    www.in.gov/isp
    FOR RELEASE: Upon Receipt​
    Sgt. Matt Ames
    Public Information Officer
    812-240-0030
    DATE: 4-4-23
    Indiana State Police Wants to Alert Tornado Victims of Possible Scams
    The Putnamville State Police Post and the National Insurance Crime Bureau want to ensure that the Sullivan County residents who were impacted by the tornado, receive legitimate information concerning contractors for cleanup and repair. Should homeowners suspect fraud during the rebuilding process, they should contact their insurer, state, or local law enforcement, and the NICB (1-800-TEL-NICB).
    Some tips to avoid contractor fraud, provided by the NICB, include:
    • Get more than one estimate. Never let a contractor pressure you into hiring them.
    • Work only with licensed and insured contractors.
    • Demand references and check them.
    • Ask to see the salesperson’s driver’s license and write down the driver’s license number and their vehicle’s license plate number.
    • Get a contract in writing. This should include cost, time schedules, payment schedules, guarantees, work to be done, and other expectations that should be detailed.
    • Never sign a contract with blanks as these could be filled in later without your knowledge.
    • Never pay a contractor in full or sign a completion certificate until the work is done and ensure reconstruction is up to current code.
    Additionally, below are some useful links to other materials that may be helpful to victims:
    Disaster Fraud | National Insurance Crime Bureau (nicb.org)
    Fraud Resources After a Disaster
    Contractor Fraud PSA from the NICB
    Along with the reports of fraudulent disaster relief workers, there is also the threat of looting and thefts in the affected areas as well. If you observe individual(s) removing items from properties where they do not belong, please contact the Indiana State Police, and local law enforcement as saturated patrols will continue in these areas to fend off this criminal activity. You can report suspicious individuals or activity to the Indiana State Police at (765) 653-4114.
    -30-​

Top Bottom