• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    Modern aircraft are undoubtedly impressive.

Nonetheless, I still tend to get more excited when I come across a bi-plane or a WWII era military plane.
    Yeah we went out to Mt Comfort for the last air show they had and we were standing next to the fence when the corsair and several of the other old warbirds fired up for their performances. The wife looked over at me to see the hair on my arms standing on end. Afterwards she wanted to know if I needed a cigarette, I told her she had no idea how close to being true that was.:patriot:

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    We were in the middle of an Operational Readiness Exercise at Mt Home AFB, ID. Was working on an F-111 engine when the alarm sounded and five mechanics dogpiled into a three man bunker.
    Was looking up through my gas mask when a B-52 came over in a high speed pass at 200 feet with the bomb bay doors open.
    Like I said earlier AF guys have all the fun.

SnoopLoggyDog

I'm a Citizen, not a subject
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Warsaw
    Like I said earlier AF guys have all the fun.
    Best low level passes that I saw were back in 1984. My unit was deployed to Ahlhorn Air Base, Germany in support of NATO exercise "Highway 84". We were launching and recovering A-10s, side by side with German F-104s, British Jaguars and Tornados, Dutch F-16s on a section of the autobahn. The Germans liked to scream in at 10-20 feet off the deck in full burner with their Starfighters.
    1984-140-a-10.jpg
    A-10-Highway.jpg
    1984-sticker-highway-84.jpg

MrSmitty

Master of useless information
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    New Albany
    18983-84 was at the base pool, checking out the AF ladies...and wives...1700 comes around, and the 522nd does a fly by, for retreat, just under Mach......woke me the hell up!!! Loves me some Varks....Sorry SnoopLoggyDog..... Loved watching the fuel dump, and hitting afterburner....Varks did it best!!!

SnoopLoggyDog

I'm a Citizen, not a subject
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Warsaw
    18983-84 was at the base pool, checking out the AF ladies...and wives...1700 comes around, and the 522nd does a fly by, for retreat, just under Mach......woke me the hell up!!! Loves me some Varks....Sorry SnoopLoggyDog..... Loved watching the fuel dump, and hitting afterburner....Varks did it best!!!

Top Bottom