• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SigFan07

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 2, 2013
    Indiana
    I've only bought a couple packs of ammo from Top Guns but every time I've been in there, maybe four or five total, the staff has been very nice to me.
    When I do buy my second semi-auto I'm going to check out Top Guns first because they don't seem to have sky high prices and they seem nice to deal with. But I've only bought two boxes of ammo, no guns or anything else.

undeRGRound

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 19, 2012
    I'm with dub sac & devildog on this one!
    CambyGlock, why would you drive an hour when Bradis is so close?
    Tell them the price quoted in TH and I bet they would match!
    At least get you close enough so the gas money adds up... Dumb Move... IMO
    Time is money and I bet you could have gotten Bradis within
    $25 of TopGuns price! lol looks like we have a Troll, INGO! :ingo:

undeRGRound

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 19, 2012
    PS: I'd say the clerk did pretty good to stop you, since you grabbed
    the Glock right up after he had just laid down the gun and case before
    he could check the chamber. Just Sayin' :dunno::):

SigFan07

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 2, 2013
    Indiana
    I was in Top Guns recently and was told they are expanding and putting in a shooting range in that plaza they are located at. I think the guy I talked to said they are going to have three times the space they have now after they expand.

undeRGRound

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 19, 2012
    Hmm, I have been in the "new section" now, during remodel...
    No mention of a shooting range, but I will be one of the first to sign up if it is INDOOR!!
    Great News!

nascarfantoo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Oct 29, 2012
    Western IN
    I was in Top Guns recently and was told they are expanding and putting in a shooting range in that plaza they are located at. I think the guy I talked to said they are going to have three times the space they have now after they expand.

Like Top Guns, but even after expanding to 3x the space they will not have enough room for an indoor range unless it is only a couple lanes. To get room for a range they would need to severe the leases of a couple other tennants.

Always thought that the place to have the indoor range would be Boot City, south of TH. They have land and possibly already the start of a building. Parking space is available.

undeRGRound

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 19, 2012
    Like Top Guns, but even after expanding to 3x the space they will not have enough room for an indoor range unless it is only a couple lanes. To get room for a range they would need to severe the leases of a couple other tennants.

Always thought that the place to have the indoor range would be Boot City, south of TH. They have land and possibly already the start of a building. Parking space is available.

TG's Owner, Steve, is the brother of the strip mall's owner. Might Happen?!?

BUT, on the idea of a range, no one said anything about it when I was told about the expansion... It never came up. But I can't say either way.:twocents:

BOOT CITY Is a Great Idea! :yesway::yesway:

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 5, 2008
    Terre Haute

I think some nice, rich, gun enjoying, entrepreneur should purchase the 11 acres of land that once was the Chevy dealer on Springhill and 41, that is now being sold by Tony Dorsett. Nice central location, plenty of space for an indoor range, and parking.

Sigh.....if only.

terrehautian

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 6, 2012
    Where ever my GPS says I am
    I think some nice, rich, gun enjoying, entrepreneur should purchase the 11 acres of land that once was the Chevy dealer on Springhill and 41, that is now being sold by Tony Dorsett. Nice central location, plenty of space for an indoor range, and parking.

Sigh.....if only.

Brian (not Tony) Dorsett didn't own that land. The people who own the Chevy lot does. I seriously doubt anyone with the money will put a range in there because it is going to be expensive. That is prime real estate right there and is going to be millions to buy or lease it. If someone wants to build a range, it is going to have to be off the main road and somewhere cheap to lease or build.

D ron

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 4, 2012
    Evansville
    Went in there yesterday. Was impressed with price, selection and service once again. I thought I overherad them talking about an indoor range behind the strip mall. One of the owners was definitely talking about an indoor range with another customer but I may be wrong on location. Bought my AR from them and my next purchase will be from there as well. Great store.

Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co

Sigh.....if only.

You mean Dennis Ming(sp). He owns/owned that lot.

and you also mean the land where they are already building the Cheddars restaurant?

poppy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 4, 2012
    South of Indy
    Was in TG about a month ago talking with Dan about a certain semi-auto handgun. He changed the subject and began telling me of TG's future plans for relocating. He stated the new place would have an indoor range and small rooms to simulate rooms in an average home for defensive training purposes. As he was talking about the new location, he pointed to the north and said "that white building".

Now, I took that hand gesture to to mean the white building across the east/west road named Old Royce which is just north and on the same side(west) of their existing location. He also stated they are going to open in the new location this fall as many of the locals shoot outside during the spring summer and early fall months. He went on to say that membership would be around $20 and not much more for a family membership. You will be allowed to bring a guest. He did not mention what the guest fee would be.

Also, you would have to buy their ammo and he said it would cost $2-$3 less than local ammo prices. We will be attending the Terre Haute Dog shows thurs, fri, sat and sun at the fairgrounds so I will be close enough to stop in and see if their plans have changed.

poppy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 4, 2012
    South of Indy
    Sorry, I don't know what the building was used for. It's the one that sits back on the lot with a lot of open space between the building and 41. Like I said, I'll stop in sometime this weekend and talk with Dan again for clarification.

Top Bottom