• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jamil

code ho
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Libertarianism is basically satanisim under another name. "Do What Thou Wilt"
    Satanism? I mean. I have plenty of issues with full on Big L libertarian ideology. But this is pretty silly. A lot of libertarians aren’t religious, but that doesn’t make them Satanists.

I am not being hyperbolic in anyway, I am speaking quite literally.

No, because quite literally libertarianism isn’t the same thing as Satanism. It's not "do what thou wilt." I don't think it could be characterized so superficially.

When I say the satanist mantra "Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the law" please explain the difference other than the completely nonsensical libertarian "non aggression pact".

The difference should be quite obvious. The laws that libertarians don't like are laws governments form that they beleive are unnecessary and oppressive. The laws you're talking about are, I assume, the 10 commandments. And I suppose you could say, the entire law is fulfilled in keeping this one command: “Love your neighbor as yourself.”

Okay, so Libertarians would say, if you have a personal law that you feel compelled to live by, you have every right to live by it. But you do not have the authority to compel others to live by it. That's their choice to make. You're conflating God's law with Government Law. Idunno, unless you're trying to say that governments should force the Bible on people.

Please explain property rights and age of consent under libertarianism. How are they enforced? Who enforces them? How?
    I think libertarians are a little nutty. Age of consent laws are necessary. The age of consent itself is arbitrary. Some people are mature at younger ages, and some probably never attain the sense needed to make important decisions. But, short of a better way to draw the line, we draw it how we draw it.

Those that ask for anarchy, normally do not fully grasp what they are asking for.
    I am not saying good people (honest Truth seekers) can not be libertarian in their thinking, I am saying keep going, you are not quite there yet.
    Anarchy is self-rule at the level of the individual. It doesn't mean a free-for-all. So I think you should try to better understand what is meant by "anarchy". But, not all libertarians are anarchists. The ones that are, don't understand human nature, especially human collectivist tendencies. Personally I regard myself as an individualist, and I think the individual is the correct level of autonomy. But I do recognize that humans are social beings, and we do have groupish behaviors. And that makes anarchism, even the real anarchism that some libertarians believe in, incompatible with human nature. Our desires are derived memetically.

Last edited:

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    So, is it that he voted for the "Bipartisan Safer Communities Act"? OK, I can see how this would rankle a few feathers, although I don't see it as a deal breaker myself. What else?
    Believe he is for Red Flag laws, he also voted with a few other R to have Trump investigated for possible impeachment. This was a vote to get it passed for a final vote, to be heard on the floor. Young does what McConnell tells him to do. Young stood his ground on voting to get it to the floor...but after backlash McConnell told him it was ok now to back off away from it, most likely fear of losing upcoming primary. Most Hoosiers were furious why he did this....later Young who voted to get it to the floor then voted against it. This proved he was a RINO, guy as far as I can see is just a liberal from PA. He is the new Dick Lugar, and the R will vote for him regardless for the next 2 decades, the GOP has his back. Its no longer about individuals running for office on their merits...its the GOP handpicking who they can control or else your out. They still trying to get Trump out...I don't think this is just a D thing to get him out...the R don't want all their sweet deals and insider stuff getting messed up....especially China loving McConnell. Regardless your taxes and land property will keep going sky high, the inflation and debt will keep going up.....once most are in office, you and me are of no concern to them, just keep giving them power and let them keep taking more and more of your $$$ to blow until we collapse.....but don't worry, the politicians will be just fine.

oze

Mow Ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 26, 2018
    Fort Wayne
    Scroll down to "Ideology–Leadership Chart", on this web page https://www.govtrack.us/congress/members/todd_young/412428
    Then check Sen. Braun's page along with your congesscritter.

I'm sure I wouldn't agree with their ranking system, but the relative positions should have some value.

I sent congresswoman Spartz here ideology graphic and was very direct in explaining she was far too left to retain my vote if she didn't harden her voted against the subversives.
    OK, This is from that link. Looks pretty conservative to me; certainly better than any donkey would be. Not enough? Screenshot_20220815-210047_DuckDuckGo.jpg

Last edited:

Ingomike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Scroll down to "Ideology–Leadership Chart", on this web page https://www.govtrack.us/congress/members/todd_young/412428
    Then check Sen. Braun's page along with your congesscritter.

I'm sure I wouldn't agree with their ranking system, but the relative positions should have some value.

I sent congresswoman Spartz here ideology graphic and was very direct in explaining she was far too left to retain my vote if she didn't harden her voted against the subversives.
    It was interesting to me that Young is more conservative then Rand Paul. Young does not seem that left to me. When one looks where Collins and Murcowski are for perspective on just what a RINO is…

jamil

code ho
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I'm not looking for who checks the most conservative boxes. I don't give a **** about labels, like RINO, or whatever. Do they have their heart in the right side of the game I think is being played. I don't think Todd Young does. He's just a box checker playing the algorithm for keeping his seat. It's fine for when we need those boxes checked. But I want more. I want someone who is committed to winning the game.

jwamplerusa

High drag, low speed...
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2018
    Boone County
    OK, This is from that link. Looks pretty conservative to me; certainly better than any donkey would be. Not enough? View attachment 218183
    No, not close to enough. Being just to the right of Marx or Mao is neither conservative, not protecting the Constitution.

First I do not know what the site's metrics or methods are. I consider it at best a comparative tool. Normally I do not use the graphs. I'm there to monitor votes and assess for myself if my servants are serving me.

Check Braun's page. That is what I want for all of them.

Really, I'm not interested in "conservatives", I demand Constitutionalists! I assess the votes of those who represent me based upon their adherence to the oath they swore, the party platform they ran on, and their campaign promises.

To me Braun has gotten better, while Young just keeps getting worse. My gut tells me Braun is starting to recognize the danger and has a little fight left. Young is part of the problem.

Ingomike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Check Braun's page. That is what I want for all of them.
    That is what I want also. Apparently we are not convincing enough others to agree with us so the question becomes not who we wish was on the ballot but who is the best at protecting our rights that we can vote for when presented with a ballot…

Reactions: oze

model1994

quick draw mcgraw
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 17, 2022
    glacial boundary
    Voted for Chips and Science Act, now morphed into a $750 billion monstrosity that will be pushed through via reconciliation and will explode inflation even more. Also voted for Red Flag nonsense passed last month.

GOP got willingly duped by Dems on the Chips bill but I feel like I got duped for voting for him, no primary option now.

Just venting here...
    I've written to Young a few times regarding conservation issues and always received the most impersonal, vague responses. Likely auto-responses for certain issues from his unpaid interns, it seems. Not saying others have been much better, but that alone has really influenced my opinion for this 'representative'.

Top Bottom