Today's firearms that will become expensive collectors in years to come?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    I'm wondering what firearms made now days will become the sought after collectors in years to come? Firearms made from 2010 through 2020.

What are your opinions.

Nickbau5

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 31, 2020
    Brownsburg
    if we're talking like 20-30 years from now, of guns being made now, then I'd have to say any sort of the weird experimental/non-traditional guns we see now. Mosins will likely stop being a "buy and change" gun, as less and less are being found at good prices, and people will be less likely to defile them with archangle stocks and scope taps. Imported AKs also, since US companies are "almost" able to make good domestic production.

Karl-just-Karl

Retired
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 5, 2014
    NE
    After the Joe Biden/Beto-Gun Czar ban, anything that holds more than 10 rounds, has a detachable magazine and is semi-automatic.

You'll have to sell it on the black market though, of course.

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    Good Com-Bloc AK's will appreciate, the most recent example I can think of pertaining to investment grade guns would be the USMC decommissioned M45 A1's when they hit gun broker.

Another slightly less recent example would be the un-issued Wilson Combat SF marked "Cave Guns" that were never delivered to Afghanistan.

https://www.rockislandauction.com/d...nited-states-marine-corps-decommissioned-colt

(Originally $2k on Gun Broker , sold at auction for 7K+ )

Restroyer

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 13, 2015
    SE Indiana
    Good post topic OP. I like posts like these that make one think.
    I'm going to agree with the others that say imported AK's.
    I'd also guess that guns that use some caliber that is newer to us now but doesn't become as popular as people thought they would and they become more sought after years from now due to their future rarity (examples: .350 Legend, .224 Valkyrie, etc.)

1nderbeard

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Apr 3, 2017
    Hendricks County
    I would say any rifle with a nice wood stock and good action; just seems like they aren't being made all that much anymore. It's hard for me to see any of the rifles with cheap laminate stock being that collectible, and it's hard for me to see any AR variant being collectible. There are just too many of the cheaper ones being made.

ACC

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   1
    Mar 7, 2012
    N. Side of Indy
    I try to pick up unique guns that were maybe only made for a short time and/or are in very limited supply.

Example: I snagged a Hudson H9 on a good deal before they went bankrupt. Also picked up a rare FDE Arsenal Strike One as it was the only one I had ever seen in the wild. I am thinking they might have some value years down the line.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    Collectible guns are one of the hardest things to forecast. Sometimes it comes down to what guns were available that at the time nobody wanted so they didn't make that many. I remember years ago selling those S&W 696 .44 specials, we couldn't give them away for 450.00, now they are upwards of 1K for nice ones.

STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    In 30 yrs my soon to be 4 yrs old grandson will be lucky to own his taser/light Sabre thingy that will be all the rage then.
    Ol G pa’s stuff will be like .....well I won’t be here.

Roadman

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 21, 2019
    Nashville
    I think Smith and Wesson and Ruger revolvers will continue to climb in value in the years to come. Simple, common, quality handguns that lots of people once owned will drive nostalgic urges.

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    if you figure it out let me know!

as I tell people who ask me that question, I always say "you can't manufacture collectable, I has to become collectable on it's own!", and that's the double edge sword!

for example, had colt known the walker dragoon would be worth 50-100 thousand dollars in todays market they would have made more than 1800, BUT had they made 180 thousand, they wouldn't be worth 50-100 thousand dollars!

another example, back in the 80's Winchester made limited editions for everything, john wayne, golden spike, Wyoming state, grandpa pooped the bed and just about everything else, but with a few exceptions they're worth shooting, but have no collector value (the john wayne and boy scout editions are kinda collectable).

I read a quote one time, and the person said, I wish the stock market had a return like guns did (something like that) and I thought to myself, no the stock market is like collecting guns, sometimes you do alright, and sometimes you take a :poop:!

because for everybody who bought a python for 250 bucks, or bought ground level Xerox stock, theres someone who bought hi point or stock in Enron!

two70

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Feb 5, 2016
    Johnson
    Any quality firearm of limited production has potential to become an expensive collectors item. Being chambered in an uncommon or rare caliber often helps. The third factor, an increase in demand after production has ceased, is the hardest to predict factor though.

As a general rule, if I see a quality firearm that is being sold at liquidation prices due to an unpopular chambering or configuration, I start paying attention. A somewhat recent example of this is CZ 550s in the mannlicher stock. Five years ago they were easy to find. Three years ago a little judicious shopping and you could find one for below retail. Now, you're likely to pay at least 10-20% over original MSRP for even common calibers.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    What are the guns the kids today want but can't afford until they are middle aged and have disposable income?

That.

Top Bottom