GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    That's why you wear a mask AND wash your hands often, and obey social distancing when possible.

Masks are meant to protect others who are more at risk than you.

Why would you take the risk of spreading a deadly virus to your fellow Americans?

When you have the flu I bet you don't come in close contact with elderly family members.

With that thought in mind... Is it now your “new normal” to wear a mask out in public for the rest of your life?

(Because this virus or some other virus or other kind of infection has always been around and will always be around).

2ADMNLOVER

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    May 13, 2009
    West side Indy
    That's why you wear a mask AND wash your hands often, and obey social distancing when possible.

Why would you take the risk of spreading a deadly virus to your fellow Americans?

When you have the flu I bet you don't come in close contact with elderly family members.

I understand that's what we're supposed to do but nobody does it.

One of my neighbors is 85 years old, smokes unfiltered cigarettes longer than I've been alive and has been running around like normal since the beginning and she never got sick. Maybe they need to study her .

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    More like visiting a medical facility with sick people. Pro or anti mask, anyone would wear a mask in that environment. Too many people with fragile immune systems to not. I won't wear one voluntarily in stores, public, etc but if I go to a doctors office or hospital, I am.

Against my better judgement I checked some of the Twitter responses to coverage of Trump wearing a mask. As you might imagine there was a percentage of them claiming he only did it because he's grossed out by veterans, for lack of a better term.

Ziggidy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 7, 2018
    Ziggidyville
    Against my better judgement I checked some of the Twitter responses to coverage of Trump wearing a mask. As you might imagine there was a percentage of them claiming he only did it because he's grossed out by veterans, for lack of a better term.

Sick people will say anything to discredit Trump.

TRUMP 2020

bmbutch

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    Southern Indiana
    Sick people will say anything to discredit Trump.

TRUMP 2020

Oh Yeah! President Donald Trump 2016 ~ 2024

I'm afraid we're stuck with the mask thing for a looonnngggg time. Mandatory or not for that time, no idea. My workplace requires them, thankfully, I'm in an open office where, once you are in that office, they're not so "mandatory".

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    With that thought in mind... Is it now your “new normal” to wear a mask out in public for the rest of your life?

(Because this virus or some other virus or other kind of infection has always been around and will always be around).

It will eventually get better but for now a lot of people have to be wearing masks for the whole situation to get under control.

I understand that's what we're supposed to do but nobody does it.

One of my neighbors is 85 years old, smokes unfiltered cigarettes longer than I've been alive and has been running around like normal since the beginning and she never got sick. Maybe they need to study her .

I do it.A lot of people do it.
    Because not much people around you do it doesn't mean you shouldn't do it.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    More like visiting a medical facility with sick people. Pro or anti mask, anyone would wear a mask in that environment. Too many people with fragile immune systems to not. I won't wear one voluntarily in stores, public, etc but if I go to a doctors office or hospital, I am.

The president is probably the only person who could still visit a hospital without wearing a mask.
    The fact that he agreed to wear a mask is a good thing and it might encourage others to do so.

I decide to wear one in stores because those people with fragile immune systems also need groceries.And you might get in contact with them outside of a medical facilities.

2ADMNLOVER

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    May 13, 2009
    West side Indy

I won't do it because I think it's more about trying to destroy Trump's chances at reelection than public safety.

The numbers and how they're counting them are BS .

The origin of this virus is BS and surrounded by shady BS .

This must be a smart virus that doesn't seem to effect large corporations only small businesses, shady AF right there.

Doesn't seem to effect protests or riots, more shady BS .

If this killer virus is so deadly why didn't our guberment treat it as such right from the start? More shady BS .

Where's the mountain of dead people? More shady BS .

Couple that everyone turn in your coins now cause we're in a coin shortage. More shady BS.

This whole thing smells like BS .

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    [video=youtube;wgpytjlW5wU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wgpytjlW5wU[/video]

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    I won't do it because I think it's more about trying to destroy Trump's chances at reelection than public safety.

The numbers and how they're counting them are BS .

The origin of this virus is BS and surrounded by shady BS .

This must be a smart virus that doesn't seem to effect large corporations only small businesses, shady AF right there.

Doesn't seem to effect protests or riots, more shady BS .

If this killer virus is so deadly why didn't our guberment treat it as such right from the start? More shady BS .

Where's the mountain of dead people? More shady BS .

Couple that everyone turn in your coins now cause we're in a coin shortage. More shady BS.

This whole thing smells like BS .

Well sadly the whole virus thing became a political thing.That's where the BS comes from.

If we left the politicians and the media out of the equation, and only listened to scientists and doctors; we wouldn't have any BS.

Wearing a mask shouldn't be a political statement.
    That virus shouldn't be used by either political party (or the media) to serve their political agenda.

I don't see how you can't wear a mask (and wash your hands) and still support Trump (or any other candidate).
    Wear a MAGA mask if you want. :dunno:

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    It will eventually get better but for now a lot of people have to be wearing masks for the whole situation to get under control.

This is hypocrite thinking. If you truly believe wearing a mask will prevent spread of disease, you’ll wear one from now on. There will always be disease and you’ll never know if/when you could be a- or pre-symptomatically spreading it.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    No it isn't. Its simply risk management. Much like choosing when to carry a firearm.

This stance ignores a lot of facts and makes tons of assumptions to reach a foregone conclusion.

This is hypocrite thinking. If you truly believe wearing a mask will prevent spread of disease, you’ll wear one from now on. There will always be disease and you’ll never know if/when you could be a- or pre-symptomatically spreading it.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Well sadly the whole virus thing became a political thing.That's where the BS comes from.

If we left the politicians and the media out of the equation, and only listened to scientists and doctors; we wouldn't have any BS.

Wearing a mask shouldn't be a political statement.
    That virus shouldn't be used by either political party (or the media) to serve their political agenda.

I don't see how you can't wear a mask (and wash your hands) and still support Trump (or any other candidate).
    Wear a MAGA mask if you want. :dunno:

Who says my choice not to wear a mask is political? I don’t have a MAGA hat. I’m not doing it because of politics. There are doctors and scientists out there that down play, if not refute the efficacy of mask wearing to prevent the spread of disease. Believing “science” does not remove politics from anything. Science doesn’t tell us anything. Scientists do. And they are like all of us—riddled with biases and agendas.

jamil

code ho
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    It is something, but all that something is, is tautology. Asymptomatic carriers are infected, and therefore exhibit similar viral loads in their sinuses and throats. But that says nothing of the viral load in their exhalation.

It is coughing and sneezing that produces the greatest viral load - by far - in one's exhalation. The real question - the one that must be answered in order to assert that asymptomatic mask wearing serves any purpose - is whether normal exhalation of asymptomatic carriers has sufficient viral load to cause a risk of infection during normal interaction.
    It’s something. It would also be tautological to say that exhalation would have some viral load. Talking even more. Yelling even more. Whether it’s sufficient to cause an infection could be known. There is scientific data that suggests that exhaling flu virus is sufficient. Coughing or sneezing isn’t required to transmit flu. Of course this isn’t the flu.

But even so, asymptomatic people don’t need covid symptoms to cough or sneeze. It did not take long cycling through a field of wildflowers to get me coughing and sneezing. Of course it’s pretty hard to spread anything out in the open like that with no one else around to infect if I were infected.

My points here aren't to say that masks should be required. Or that they’re effective enough to justify all the hysteria and mask-shaming. It just to point out that the evidence score isn’t 100-0 against wearing a mask. Maybe 60-40. Or even 70-30. I wouldn’t complain about accepting 80-20.

Here’s a fun case. Sacramento politician claimed she got covid from a staffer who was initially asymptomatic, and then left the office after becoming symptomatic. She claimed everyone in her office wore a mask at all times. So she’s claiming that it’s possible to spread mask to mask. Well, if a mask is to a virus as a pebble is to a chain link fence, that stands to reason. But what else isn’t she saying. My own observations of mask wearers is that eventually they end up with their mask under their nose. Or, the ear dangle is also popular. So maybe that’s what happened. But my instinct is that they were ****ing, and of course they don’t want to admit an extramarital affair.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Interesting view points all around.

If I truly believed that wearing a mask prevented anything I would do it. Simple as that but come on people. Dance if you want to but choose your music and your partner wisely.

2ADMNLOVER

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    May 13, 2009
    West side Indy
    IDance if you want to but choose your music and your partner wisely.
    I hear ya but I can't get past my neighbor Mrs A .
    According to the news she is the poster girl for this virus.
    She's 90 lbs, 85 years old, chronic bronchitis, smokes unfiltered Pall Malls for 65 years, meets church girlfriends for lunch everyday, doesn't exercise , should be dead .

Maybe she has the "cure " in her blood.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    I hear ya but I can't get past my neighbor Mrs A .
    According to the news she is the poster girl for this virus.
    She's 90 lbs, 85 years old, chronic bronchitis, smokes unfiltered Pall Malls for 65 years, meets church girlfriends for lunch everyday, doesn't exercise , should be dead .

Maybe she has the "cure " in her blood.

I'd like to think when I'm that age I'll be doing the same (minus the Pall Malls).

You've got to live your life. At that age how many days does one realistically have left? I'd rather spend them enjoying life instead of cowering inside. In some cases just having the mindset and attitude is enough to overcome. I'm not saying a good attitude is enough to defeat disease, or that people should be reckless, but the will to live without fear does have an impact. I think folks who live in fear of getting sick probably are more susceptible to some degree.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH

Replace 'masks are' with 'mail in voting is' and see if it still makes you feel all warm and fuzzy. I cannot shake the feeling that masks are just there to break the elctorate to the saddle. "It's for your own good and (when that wasn't working well enough) + the good of others"

JeepHammer

SHOOTER
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 2, 2018
    SW Indiana
    Yeah that's funny seeing as I had it and survived.

I am seeing far more sans masks than sporting them.

That's good for *YOU*...
    What about the people that don't survive or are permanently screwed for life?

Is it 'OK' for them because it didn't happen to *YOU*?

Since immunity is partial, and relatively short term, is it 'OK' for someone to knowingly and willfully infect *YOU* over & over until you DO have serious or fatal reactions?

The two PhD researchers that contracted the virus the SECOND time didn't survive the SECOND infection,
    And they had the very cutting edge treatments, best care...

No shoes, pants, shirt, mask... No Service is a VERY good plan.
    I don't want to see you 'Junk', or catch YOUR disease!
    Just wear cloths, including a mask and we are good... It's that easy...

If not, Tom Petty had it right, "What ever you're looking for, Don't come around here no more".

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    The president is probably the only person who could still visit a hospital without wearing a mask.
    The fact that he agreed to wear a mask is a good thing and it might encourage others to do so.

I decide to wear one in stores because those people with fragile immune systems also need groceries.And you might get in contact with them outside of a medical facilities.

Shouldn't it be that the people with fragile immune systems have the freedom, themselves, to take what they consider necessary precautions while everyone else is free to do the same. Should I be required to alter my choices to make you feel safer (the general, not specifically you). If you need special precautions, upon who is it incumbent to do so?

Think of the children

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom