• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    So you're saying this conspiracy theory is at least ten years old, and still no proof of it?

Some thing never die no matter how sick they are, I guess.

FALSE...

Conspiracy theory accusations are becoming worthless because this guy, and several others here, throw it out every time it becomes inconvenient for their beliefs.

Bill Grates is on record many times combining vaccines and population reduction in the same paragraph.

chevyguy

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2012
    Northern Indiana
    FALSE...

Conspiracy theory accusations are becoming worthless because this guy, and several others here, throw it out every time it becomes inconvenient for their beliefs.

Bill Grates is on record many times combining vaccines and population reduction in the same paragraph.
    Just remember this guy is not a scientist he is a college dropout

oze

Mow Ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 26, 2018
    Fort Wayne
    His children’s children
    One if my all-time favorite albums.
    28564598da1710d848678e8217f0ddbe.jpg

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I thought that colleges just turned people into liberals. Why can't we as Americans celebrate a self-made billionaire? :dunno:
    :facepalm:

C'mon man. It's a fair point to criticize the idea of a guy who has zero credentials having any say at all in public policy around the pandemic, and especially when he has a clear conflict of interest.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    :facepalm:

C'mon man. It's a fair point to criticize the idea of a guy who has zero credentials having any say at all in public policy around the pandemic, and especially when he has a clear conflict of interest.
    Oh, I don't know.

Why is formal education now essential? People choose to ignore epidemiologist and discount their education in favor of "common sense", so why have the tables turned here? Just like with all conspiracy theories it's about selecting which facts to believe and, more so, which facts to discount.

And this isn't just being critical - it's ascribing laughably false and malevolent motives.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Oh, I don't know.

Why is formal education now essential? People choose to ignore epidemiologist and discount their education in favor of "common sense", so why have the tables turned here? Just like with all conspiracy theories it's about selecting which facts to believe and, more so, which facts to discount.

And this isn't just being critical - it's ascribing laughably false and malevolent motives.
    This had potential to be your best post ever in the first sentence. LOL

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Oh, I don't know.

People are not 'ignoring' epidemiologists, they are discounting the ones who make thoroughly wrong predictions from their models and refuse to consider either that the models are wrong or they interpreted them wrong or both.

It is a credibility problem. If they wish to assert greater knowledge/understanding of the problem, they need to offer up some proof. The days of Ivy League credential == believe them automatically are long gone

And don't forget that there are epidemiologists on both sides of most WuVid disputes, so the science IS NOT settled and you have offered up no rationale for why the epidemiologist you favor is in any way superior to any other one.

Sounds exactly like 'selecting which 'facts' [you want] to believe and, more so, which 'facts' to discount' to me

Last edited:

Shooter5

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 19, 2008
    Indiana
    I’m a believer is freedom. Even if there is strong evidence and data that masks work...government should not mandate wearing masks. I think the evidence of wearing masks is helpful but not fool proof. If you think everyone should be wearing masks- your best defense is to stay home. I am willing to be in public without a mask. I don’t think Governors should be able to mandate anything - that why we have legislatures - to make bills and pass new laws. When a governor (or president) uses executive orders we are not following the constitution and we are not being represented by our elected representatives.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom