• ...and so much more!
  • DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    One thing I like that came of this situation….. the sanitizer everywhere. I was sanitizing before it was cool. Hopefully it doesn’t lead to some sort of “new” rare hand cancer.
    I'm not a fan. I think that's one of the reasons more people have compromised immune systems these days. Living too "sanitary" and not getting exposed to the stuff we used to be exposed to as kids.

cg21

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    May 5, 2012
    I'm not a fan. I think that's one of the reasons more people have compromised immune systems these days. Living too "sanitary" and not getting exposed to the stuff we used to be exposed to as kids.

I think that’s a valid point. And I have thought about it but for me the pros out weigh the cons. I believe I am exposed to enough both airborne and through imperfect sanitizer use to give me the “little” doses for my immune system. Your hands and phone have been shown to be dirtier than a toilet seat lol true? Who knows but I wouldn’t want to eat with a toilet seat. And of course traditional hand washing trumps sanitizer for me but I can’t carry a sink with me.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I think that’s a valid point. And I have thought about it but for me the pros out weigh the cons. I believe I am exposed to enough both airborne and through imperfect sanitizer use to give me the “little” doses for my immune system. Your hands and phone have been shown to be dirtier than a toilet seat lol true? Who knows but I wouldn’t want to eat with a toilet seat. And of course traditional hand washing trumps sanitizer for me but I can’t carry a sink with me.
    Idunno. I think if you suspect something isn’t clean enough, rub some dirt on it. Then go about your business. :):

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Really? My dentist dropped the mask requirements more than a year ago. They still have the little table by the entryway with the jug of hand wash.

Well, it's been 6 months or so, cause I just canceled an appointment.
    And at that time, masks were still required for the hospital I had went to.

Went to a different hospital this time. Not sure if the mask thing just changed, or because I'm at a different hospital.
    But if the dentist still requires it, I'll have to bring up that even the hospital went to "voluntary"

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I recently went to the doctor and they only urge people to wear masks. The staff was wearing them. But they still ask about coming into any contact with people who have covid or monkey pox. :n00b:

45sRfun

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Have not been following this thread, but I did not go to any mainstream doctors since late 2020 because they required masks. My dentist required a mask and I said I will go elsewhere. Then she said she would accommodate me at times when there are not going to be other patients in the office. Never wore one to the chiropractor and they never said anything. I am glad we got to work from home any time our office went to masking.

At first I was getting curbside grocery and tied an old shirt sleeve across my face but after about May 2020 we realized it was all a scam. Instead of mainstream doctors I found a holistic doctor who did not require masks.

I did have to wear a mask to go into the county office in Detroit to apply for my CPL and complied as I felt bucking them was not the best idea at the time. For most of the wait in the hallway I had it off my nose.

Took a drive in the country in August 2020. There were Trump signs all over out there. Stopped at a produce stand. Nobody was wearing masks. Guy was slicing off pieces of melon and handing them to customers bare handed. Nobody was worried about covid.

Last edited:

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    I agree, but believe that applies more to children and young and clean living is very good for the older. Kinda like you build your immune system when you are younger and use it when you are older…

Gingerbeardman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 17, 2017
    Anderson
    Are we supposed to have forgotten the vaccinated get covid and transmit the virus?
    There's never been any logical thinking involved in any of this mask nonsense. I spent a lot of time in and out of hospitals over the last year for non covid stuff and masks were typically an office-by-office decision.

Top Bottom