• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Independent journalists, I guess that's what we call them, are a new kind of news media. I think the emergence thereof flew under the radar of the fourth estate. They've controlled narratives and framing for a very long time, and their powers are threatened by those outside the fourth estate. Youtube and other social media platoforms have enabled just about anyone to report news.

I think the event signaling that they finally figured it out was when the Wall Street Journal put out that hit piece on PewDiePie. Of course it had the Streisand effect and helped PewDiePie gain even more subscribers. But it served as an excuse for Youtube to crack down who gets advertising dollars. They haven't solved the problem yet. I think the strategy has changed to use the old and tired demonizing approach. They call it fake news. They call it conspiracy theories. But it still doesn't help them.

The fourth estate is dead if they'd just let if ****ing die. With social media there's no need for an official news. Over the last few years especially, they've proven themselves incapable of telling the truth. Might as well take our chances with rando independent news guy on youtube.
    There were always independent journalists. The difference is in the past they had to sell stories to one of the publishers or broadcasts, where today they can deliver direct to the consumer.

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    There were always independent journalists. The difference is in the past they had to sell stories to one of the publishers or broadcasts, where today they can deliver direct to the consumer.
    A very limited few can actually deliver to many consumers because they have built up a following while others are only seen by their mothers.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Speaking of independent journalists...

It sounds like they're just trying to justify their mandates at this point. Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence depending on what you're trying to justify. Let's put their consistency to the test.

"Oh," they say after randomized studies show no effect of masking communities vs not, "just because there's no evidence masks work doesn't mean they don't work at all. So on that slim chance they might work, let's make everyone from 2 years old on up wear masks and socially shame them if they don't!"

Okay. Now do Ivermectin.

:runaway: It's Horse paste! There's no evidence it works! Shame those far right wing nutters!

Vinay Prasad has been taking some victory laps lately. Saying, basically, suck it, maskers. But he's earned it.

Shadow01

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2011
    WCIn
    Speaking of independent journalists...

It sounds like they're just trying to justify their mandates at this point. Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence depending on what you're trying to justify. Let's put their consistency to the test.

"Oh," they say after randomized studies show no effect of masking communities vs not, "just because there's no evidence masks work doesn't mean they don't work at all. So on that slim chance they might work, let's make everyone from 2 years old on up wear masks and socially shame them if they don't!"

Okay. Now do Ivermectin.

:runaway: It's Horse paste! There's no evidence it works! Shame those far right wing nutters!

Vinay Prasad has been taking some victory laps lately. Saying, basically, suck it, maskers. But he's earned it.

if everyone would stop breathing permanently then there would be no need for mandates

oze

Mow Ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 26, 2018
    Fort Wayne
    My local hospital now has given people the option to mask or not to mask finally.
    I hope this filters to the local Dr offices.
    Saw my cardiologist on Monday. It was like being transported back in time 3 years. Immediately upon clearing the revolving doors, I was yelled at by 2 separate registration people that I had to wear a mask. Like nasty. I saw that signs were up, stating that masking and social distancing rules will be enforced. I grabbed a paper mask from the counter, and did my part: 12' of separation between me and the person in front of me. Immature, yes, but it gave me a tiny bit of pleasure, and that's all that matters.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Crazy eyes and cult members.

FooIu2daEAAk4yH

Shadow01

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2011
    WCIn
    Saw my cardiologist on Monday. It was like being transported back in time 3 years. Immediately upon clearing the revolving doors, I was yelled at by 2 separate registration people that I had to wear a mask. Like nasty. I saw that signs were up, stating that masking and social distancing rules will be enforced. I grabbed a paper mask from the counter, and did my part: 12' of separation between me and the person in front of me. Immature, yes, but it gave me a tiny bit of pleasure, and that's all that matters.
    Enforced? Physically? Anything less is not true enforcement.

Top Bottom