• ...and so much more!
  • DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    No, but yeah, poor choice of name for this product.
    It's a plastic cartridge with a measured powder load and a seat for a primer for Traditions (at least, so far) muzzleloaders.
    Supposed to be much easier to use, much cleaner, and most importantly impervious to moisture.
    Seems like a cool idea.

That's a neat idea, but that's only made for a specialized gun. Can't just pop those into one of Leadeye's old revolvers, or a flintlock, etc..

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    My daughter is a nurse at a hospital in Illinois and has had a bunch of COVID patients over the last few weeks. Most were men 50+ and already vaccinated.

She got a fever and sore throat yesterday and got the positive test today. She had to wear the mask all of the time at work.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yep. Yet another data point for masks don't work.

idkfa

personally invading Ukraine (vicariously)
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2019
    Hell
    That's a neat idea, but that's only made for a specialized gun. Can't just pop those into one of Leadeye's old revolvers, or a flintlock, etc..
    At least so far, yes. It may or may not catch on. The question essentially is if it is possible to make a controlled sealed powder load sufficiently cheaply, and I don't see why not.
    Also, going back to the firestick -- that might just bring some people into the black powder realm who are concerned about the issues firestick claims to have solved, and this, in turn, might be sufficient to justify further investment.

CindyE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    north/central IN
    My company is returning to a mask mandate regardless of vaccination status. Fortunately I am able to work from home and don't need to visit the office very frequently, but this sucks for factory and production employees.
    yes it does suck. wish i'd saved for early retirement.
    my daughter will lose her job if she doesn't get the vaccine. she has 2 little ones and needs the benefits. she doesn't have long to decide what she's doing. :(

rhamersley

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2016
    Danville
    Just received this in the work email...

Due to the rise in COVID-19 cases the Property Owner, IU Health, has placed a mask mandate inside the building and is requesting that surgical masks be used. This mandate includes those who are already vaccinated. In the best interest of public health, we ask that you and your visitors abide by this policy.

Now, we don't work for IU health, so they are trying to put a mandate on a non-related company that just so happens to reside in a building that they bought last year.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Here we go...

Alert Monroe County: Effective Tomorrow, August 5th at 8 AM, New Face Covering Requirement​

Due to the mutation of the COVID virus and how it is affecting Indiana and Monroe County Residents, it is now a requirement to wear a face covering in indoor, public places per the Monroe County Public Health Regulation and Order going into effect tomorrow, August 5th at 8 AM. This pertains to both vaccinated and unvaccinated individuals. A proper face covering is one that covers both the mouth and the nose. In addition to wearing a face covering, it is encouraged to continue CDC Guidance on social distancing, hand washing, etc. More information can be found on the County website at www.co.monroe.in.us. Stay safe and be well.

Confirm Receipt

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    Here we go...

Alert Monroe County: Effective Tomorrow, August 5th at 8 AM, New Face Covering Requirement​

Due to the mutation of the COVID virus and how it is affecting Indiana and Monroe County Residents, it is now a requirement to wear a face covering in indoor, public places per the Monroe County Public Health Regulation and Order going into effect tomorrow, August 5th at 8 AM. This pertains to both vaccinated and unvaccinated individuals. A proper face covering is one that covers both the mouth and the nose. In addition to wearing a face covering, it is encouraged to continue CDC Guidance on social distancing, hand washing, etc. More information can be found on the County website at www.co.monroe.in.us. Stay safe and be well.

Confirm Receipt
    Well, Marion can't be more than a day or two behind.

Damn, damn, damn, damn. These ****ing morons really want masks forever. No difference between them and the Islamists in Iran who force women to wear hijabs.

jsx1043

Master
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Apr 9, 2008
    Napghanistan
    Well, Marion can't be more than a day or two behind.

Damn, damn, damn, damn. These ****ing morons really want masks forever. No difference between them and the Islamists in Iran who force women to wear hijabs.
    When the people feel like cattle, they’ll act like cattle.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Here we go...

Confirm Receipt

But it's just two weeks to flatten the curve...

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    yes it does suck. wish i'd saved for early retirement.
    my daughter will lose her job if she doesn't get the vaccine. she has 2 little ones and needs the benefits. she doesn't have long to decide what she's doing. :(

Do they have religious exemptions? She could try for that if so. I was fortunate enough to get one from my employer.

Just received this in the work email...

Now, we don't work for IU health, so they are trying to put a mandate on a non-related company that just so happens to reside in a building that they bought last year.

Do you work in the Landmark building?

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    No, it’s called I believe the “Capitol View” building at 14th and Capitol.

Ah, Okay. I know my office, which was in the building known as South Campus at 1515 Senate is being torn down for a new building and we're moving into the Landmark building, so I made an assumption in my mind. Come to think of it, I don't think we bought it. Oh well, ignore my ramblings... :n00b:

rhamersley

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2016
    Danville
    Ah, Okay. I know my office, which was in the building known as South Campus at 1515 Senate is being torn down for a new building and we're moving into the Landmark building, so I made an assumption in my mind. Come to think of it, I don't think we bought it. Oh well, ignore my ramblings... :n00b:
    You may have worked with my daughter, I think she used to work there before getting an IT gig with Methodist.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    You may have worked with my daughter, I think she used to work there before getting an IT gig with Methodist.

In the same building anyway. I work InfoSec and we were in a secured section of the office that didn't have general access. The IT people were in a different part of the building. Now I'm working from home and loving every minute of it. IU Health decided that masks needed to be worn by the unvaxxed and since I and another member of my team have religious exemptions, that would have made it so that we needed masks and the rest of the team didn't. My boss decided she didn't want to treat us like second class citizens and told us we never needed to go back into the office if we didn't want to. I really like my manager... :cool:

rhamersley

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2016
    Danville
    In the same building anyway. I work InfoSec and we were in a secured section of the office that didn't have general access. The IT people were in a different part of the building. Now I'm working from home and loving every minute of it. IU Health decided that masks needed to be worn by the unvaxxed and since I and another member of my team have religious exemptions, that would have made it so that we needed masks and the rest of the team didn't. My boss decided she didn't want to treat us like second class citizens and told us we never needed to go back into the office if we didn't want to. I really like my manager... :cool:
    Edited and blank.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Last of the “thread jacking” posts…just curious did you know Kathy Mathena? That’s the daughter’s m-i-l.

I more knew of her. She was one of the big wigs if I'm remembering correctly. I think she was the one who did a lot and it really hurt when she left, if I am remembering right and not confusing her with someone else. I do third party risk, so I interacted with her, but almost exclusively via email.

Top Bottom