• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jamil

code ho
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I went to the dentist today after work. Nobody wearing masks except when they masked up to start dentist-ing.
    I went into Jimmy John's for lunch today. EVERYONE in the place ordering, waiting on food, or eating was not wearing masks. Probably at least a dozen or so people. The whole sandwich crew (7) were wearing them. I fell sorry for them really.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Wednesday evening we take the 14 year old north to Zionsville for her art school classes. Tonight they were 2 hours long so we took the terrorists with us to spend that time in the great park they have up there. This day was the 1st in a series of live concerts the locals put on and the place was alive with people in a family atmosphere. The playground was full of kids and adults laid out blankets and set up chairs doing the picnic thing. Not 1 ****ing mask to be seen. Not 1.
    It was a breath of fresh air in the truest sense.

Knight Rider

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 10, 2013
    Michiana
    I share everyone’s joy/relief when I finally see others without masks. However, I wouldn’t call it an expression of freedom as some have suggested. It was expression of freedom when faces were left bare BEFORE mandates were lifted.

There’s really no difference between doing what you’re told and doing what you’re allowed.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    Made a few stops. Only partially wore the mouth diaper in the post office but I was open carry.
    nice people in there. Asked when the stupid was going to stop and they said not soon enough.
    You open carried into the post office? Typically that's a "concealed means concealed" kind of place, given federal statutes prohibiting carry there...

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    You open carried into the post office? Typically that's a "concealed means concealed" kind of place, given federal statutes prohibiting carry there...
    I usually pull my shirt out and over the pistol. I carry IWB and just the top shows but it is very obvious I am carry even IWB.
    I was so pissed I had to mask up I spaced the shirt cover routine. Seems the lady's in there know me and could actually care less. I am always nice and emote smiles when I can. Not the usual treatment for them.

Chewie

Old, Tired, Grumpy, Skeptical
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 28, 2012
    Martinsville
    Saw an article somewhere stating that maybe we should continue to wear masks indefinitely because it would reduce other illnesses from being transmitted.
    Sorry, no link, by the time I finished cleaning up the rice crispies, milk, and banana i spit out I forgot where I read it.

AtTheMurph

SHOOTER
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2013
    Saw an article somewhere stating that maybe we should continue to wear masks indefinitely because it would reduce other illnesses from being transmitted.
    Sorry, no link, by the time I finished cleaning up the rice crispies, milk, and banana i spit out I forgot where I read it.
    "But only if you are a woman over age 12" - Mohammed Al Bin Sheetein

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Umm, that's gonna be a hard no.
    Someone else wants to wear mask year round, go for it.
    Don't like living where people don't want to wear mask all the time, there are countries that do.

tim87tr

Freedom lover
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Eastern IL
    Kroger today (Southern Plaza). No employees masked and only a handful of customers masked. It was wonderful. They did still have their signs up though (no mention of vaccinated vs. unvaccinated).
    Is Trader Joe's still requiring them? I like their stores, but not that much.

tim87tr

Freedom lover
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Eastern IL
    Masks not required
    Thank you. When we're back home in Indiana, where I grew up, we do like the store for whole food choices. They are a super liberal chain though.

Ok since I saw IBTL on page one, now page 87, here it goes. Speaking of masks, has there been discussion on actual numbers....the ground zero basis for a lot of fear and then directives about how to be safe?

It appears that the percentage death rate that occurred last year, around 0.85%, or roughly 3 million US citizens, is the same amount that die every year. Yes it was a bad flu year, and probably a good chance some bad guy screwed around with virus gain of function.

I am not diminishing any death, all I'm stating is that a certain percentage of people die every year. Has that significantly changed in 2020? Everything that occurred beyond this statistic, is relevant to the truth and factual basis of that number. Comments?

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    Thank you. When we're back home in Indiana, where I grew up, we do like the store for whole food choices. They are a super liberal chain though.

Ok since I saw IBTL on page one, now page 87, here it goes. Speaking of masks, has there been discussion on actual numbers....the ground zero basis for a lot of fear and then directives about how to be safe?

It appears that the percentage death rate that occurred last year, around 0.85%, or roughly 3 million US citizens, is the same amount that die every year. Yes it was a bad flu year, and probably a good chance some bad guy screwed around with virus gain of function.

I am not diminishing any death, all I'm stating is that a certain percentage of people die every year. Has that significantly changed in 2020? Everything that occurred beyond this statistic, is relevant to the truth and factual basis of that number. Comments?
    I think you missed a little between page 1 and page 87.

Top Bottom