• ...and so much more!
  • Chewie

Old, Tired, Grumpy, Skeptical
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 28, 2012
    Martinsville
    Oh, without question; we`ve been lied to. But the lies need to stay on the left. To say viruses cannot, or are not transmitted via the spittle from someone speaking, sneezing, coughing, or otherwise is as well a lie, or ignorance.

Gosh golly gee whizz! Do you realize how many things you can catch from the same actions? Sounds like some would not have a problem with permanent masking requirements. What is so sad is how few realize that the body develops immunity by catching things and developing defences. We already have lost the ability to fight many illnesses due to wonder drugs (which are becoming ineffective due to over prescribing) and over personal sanitization practices. Cleanliness is good but to much of anything will have adverse effects.

WebSnyper

Maximum Effort
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Oh, without question; we`ve been lied to. But the lies need to stay on the left. To say viruses cannot, or are not transmitted via the spittle from someone speaking, sneezing, coughing, or otherwise is as well a lie, or ignorance.
    This was kind of an interesting read about that topic. A bit of a longer article and I won't try and summarize it, but basically how some bits and pieces of some old studies on TB taken out of context that were considered "facts" became the basis for some bad decisions during Covid.

At least I thought it was interesting:

J Galt

Expert
    Rating - 93.3%
    14   1   0
    Mar 21, 2020
    Indianapolis
    Hmmmm.......all it took them was ~14 months, a weakened economy, apparently a spike in suicides and mental health issues, radical changes to people's lives (the shut downs and infringements on Constitutional rights), and living in fear to come up to the level of

South Dakota Governor Kristi Noem

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    The virus being spread through the spittle of someone speaking or otherwise could never BE documented. Thereby, the lack of documentation of that event. I`m as much against the attack on freedoms by government as anyone, but please, stay reasoned in the debate. Attacks on our freedoms are NOT the same as the medical evidence of the virus, how it may be spread, and it`s impact on our society, economy, and liberties.
    I have to disagree. If it were an actual risk, then it would happen with enough probability and detection that it could be documented. Regardless, it is the key point in objective discussion of the basis for the government enacting what would otherwise be unconstitutional infringements of rights. If the risk is so ethereal that it cannot be documented in even a single case, then the risk is not sufficient to withstand any level of scrutiny, much less the strict scrutiny that should be applied.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    You're treading dangerous ground here. I do not appreciate being called (or even implied to be) a liar. Please, show the lie. I stated that spread from casual, outdoor contact has not been documented in a single case.

If you have evidence to the contrary, please produce it - evidence of a documented case, or evidence in general of spread via casual, outdoor contact.

gregr

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2016
    West-Central
    You're treading dangerous ground here. I do not appreciate being called (or even implied to be) a liar. Please, show the lie. I stated that spread from casual, outdoor contact has not been documented in a single case.

If you have evidence to the contrary, please produce it - evidence of a documented case, or evidence in general of spread via casual, outdoor contact.
    I suppose re-reading my post I can see where you get this, but, I did not call you, nor imply that YOU are a liar. I do apologize for letting that sound like it did, since that`s not what I meant or intended.

As to the spread of the virus through casual contact...we already KNOW that colds and flu can certainly be spread through coughing, sneezing, etc. I`m not medical personnel, but I really don`t believe we need to be a doctor to understand this fairly straightforward premise.

Last edited:

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    Documentation is kind of a silly concept for the spread of a virus. There are lots and lots of cases of viral transmission and very little real documentation, most of the transmission trail is based on assumptions and proximity - like "I got it from cousin Willie because cousin Willie had symptoms before me".

J Galt

Expert
    Rating - 93.3%
    14   1   0
    Mar 21, 2020
    Indianapolis

It seems like the CDC is seeing what kind of fear frenzy they can whip the weak minded into.

Be fearful of getting a virus with a 99.99999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999% survival rate!!!!

Be fearful of consequences of getting a vaccine being pushed for a virus with a 99.99999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999% survival rate!!!!!!

No matter what you do, you must live in fear!!!!!

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    Before I got the shots, I did some rather exhaustive soul searching and study of the risk/reward factors to the fullest extent as they were known at that time - it came up heads.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Before I got the shots, I did some rather exhaustive soul searching and study of the risk/reward factors to the fullest extent as they were known at that time - it came up heads.
    That's you decision as a (at least for now) free man and I respect you for it. Will defend your right to chose as you did.
    But no fracking way am I standing in this line.

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    That's you decision as a (at least for now) free man and I respect you for it. Will defend your right to chose as you did.
    But no fracking way am I standing in this line.

And I respect your decision completely. If I still had that decision to make at this point, it might be different. As time goes by we will find out if my coin screwed me.

Top Bottom