• ...and so much more!
  • Chewie

Old, Tired, Grumpy, Skeptical
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 28, 2012
    Martinsville
    It amounts to some little ****tard who thinks he has some authority feeling empowered to do an over the top job of pushing someone around.

Agree completely. Maybe overcompensating for something (as the progressives like use to try and insult gun owners)!

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I'll go out on a limb, and opine that enforcing mere store policy with a baseball bat is an unlawful use/threat of use of force.

I'll go out farther on that limb, and opine that enforcing a lawful trespass with a baseball bat is also an unlawful use/threat of use of force.
    Absolutely. I agree. But they could have just left when asked. At least I presume that's how it happened. I mean. I doubt they were keeping watch, bat at the ready, just waiting for some knuckle-dragger to show up without a mask.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Absolutely. I agree. But they could have just left when asked. At least I presume that's how it happened. I mean. I doubt they were keeping watch, bat at the ready, just waiting for some knuckle-dragger to show up without a mask.
    Some of them are/have been on standby. One memorable example didn't say a word or give me a chance to recover my breath after the hike from the parking lot, he just gave me a nasty look and shoved a mask at me. As soon as I recovered enough to speak, I told him to go **** himself and left.

tim87tr

Freedom lover
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Eastern IL
    There are a few larger stores that train the managers and employees to actively watch and pursue non masked individuals (even by video) at the expense of their reputation and income/business model. This seems to be improving with mandates being dropped.

If you've been to home improvement stores in Terre Haute, I'd point out the difference between Menards and Lowe's....have a peek at their Google reviews. Businesses are allowed to refuse service for most any reason, but I think capitalistic repercussions will sort that out, along with the damaged reputation that will remain. When people say "you not shopping there won't make a difference", I feel the cumulative effect of how poorly they've treated people will come back to bite them. As with everything the last year, time will tell.

One other point about the aggressive employees. There's a lot of individuals out there with no previous authority, self confidence, or bearing in life that have been unfortunately emboldened by enforcing the mandates. It'll be a rough life for them with that attitude.

Flingarrows

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 9, 2019
    Greenwood
    3 weeks ago wife and I went out furniture shopping. Went to Bobs furniture, had a nice sales person assisting us. Settled upon leather sofa and love seat. Over zealous manager confronts me for not making. Inform him that I have a mask in the car, but I will just leave.

Went to another furniture store 2 miles east, bought 5 pieces of leather furniture for $3900.

Emailed receipt and explanation to Bobs. I’m pretty sure our salesperson was not happy with the manger who confronted us. They didn’t look busy, and she lost the sale

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

NKBJ

at the ark
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2010
    Stand back and take a long view at how fear over rides thinking.
    To borrow from Art Linkletter, people are funny.

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    Just got back from 6 days vacationing in Deadwood, South Dakota.
    There were a few shops, maybe 10%, where the employees were wearing masks but most were not. This was Wild Bill Hickok Days and Deadwood was wall-to-wall people. Out of the thousands of people I saw on the street I saw 2 people wearing masks - Two!

J Galt

Expert
    Rating - 93.3%
    14   1   0
    Mar 21, 2020
    Indianapolis
    Just got back from 6 days vacationing in Deadwood, South Dakota.
    There were a few shops, maybe 10%, where the employees were wearing masks but most were not. This was Wild Bill Hickok Days and Deadwood was wall-to-wall people. Out of the thousands of people I saw on the street I saw 2 people wearing masks - Two!

Governor Kristi Noem
    #Legend

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.

They can take that **** and shove it right back up their ass from where they pulled it.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Power
    Need more POWER
    iu

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

Nah. I'm so over masks.

JAL

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2017
    Indiana
    Already had my mask burning party. There's no going back now.

Went to the nearby Meijer store and then a Sam's Club . . . also nearby . . . about two weeks ago. I could count the mask wearers on one hand and still have fingers left over, and that includes their employees (which were most of those wearing them).

flatlander

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Noblesville

I'm done. They can go **** themselves.:biggun:

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County

Since they are finding out that the vaccines are actually not effective since 47-60% of those in the hospital now have been fully vaccinated. Still children are at an extremely low rate of getting infected.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom