• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jimC2

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2008
    near Marysville
    I scanned those article, they are all old. Basically stuff we discussed last year.

Don't lick door knobs.
    Didn't see older discussion. Sorry about that. The information is still accurate. Makes me wonder about news channels and others that tell people lies about distancing and other things.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    I'm not staking a position, but how did you come to attribute that to the CDC?

As to the control thing: :tinfoil:

Well, maybe the next control is food rations during a world war... oh, wait...
    A year ago the CDC arbitrarily dismissed studies showing masks to be ineffective. The started their own study. A month or so ago they released their results, on a Sunday afternoon, arriving at the same conclusion that mask usage generated results between zero and insignificant. Monday morning, i heard several CDC announcements doubling down on pushing masks.

What would you discern from this?

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    I also remember when we were told, "it's a novel virus. It's unlike anything we've ever dealt with before!" Which then morphed into, "wash your hands. Don't sneeze or cough on people."
    The profundity of being instructed as if it were a new discovery what most of us learned by the time we were in kindergarten.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    Not during a pandemic, you have a duty to your fellow citizens. "I can do whatever I wants" side lost this argument long ago in pandemics. I know it is inconvenient for you. You may have no desire to do it. I get it.

However, you have a duty not to be reckless. You should respect the rights of others and not be reckless. This applies to you behind the wheel, at the firing line and during a pandemic.

Still waiting for any actual evidence to support the otherwise specious claim that an ostensibly healthy, non-symptomatic person who is merely breathing sans mask is in any way acting recklessly.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Still waiting for any actual evidence to support the otherwise specious claim that an ostensibly healthy, non-symptomatic person who is merely breathing sans mask is in any way acting recklessly.
    You learned about Typhoid Mary in 8th Grade health class. You know that "healthy, asymptomatic" persons can spread Covid-19 just as other viruses.

We should not place politics above science and give in to right or left wing cult politics. Wear a mask, or face shield, don't lick door knobs and wash your hands. If India does not boil over, we are close to getting this behind us.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    You learned about Typhoid Mary in 8th Grade health class. You know that "healthy, asymptomatic" persons can spread Covid-19 just as other viruses.

We should not place politics above science and give in to right or left wing cult politics. Wear a mask, or face shield, don't lick door knobs and wash your hands. If India does not boil over, we are close to getting this behind us.

Nothing screams science like "probably relatively common."

“What’s the rate for asymptomatic people to spread the virus to someone else? That’s a separate question, which is even more difficult to get at,” Beckham said.

Over time, researchers will learn much more. For now, Beckham said there have been some small studies looking at testing and contact tracing.

“There’s no question that people who are infected but don’t have symptoms are transmitting the virus,” Beckham said. “It’s probably relatively common as a mechanism of spread.”

NKBJ

at the ark
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2010
    A year ago the CDC arbitrarily dismissed studies showing masks to be ineffective. The started their own study. A month or so ago they released their results, on a Sunday afternoon, arriving at the same conclusion that mask usage generated results between zero and insignificant. Monday morning, i heard several CDC announcements doubling down on pushing masks.

What would you discern from this?
    Uh, that people think covid vaccines were supposed to keep you from getting the bug? Oh, never mind, that was a different propagenda item.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon

A. Salmonella, a bacteria, is nothing like Coronavirus, a virus. Transmission and transmissibility of bacteria and of viruses are not the same. CoV is not spread in feces and urine of carriers; rather, it is spread through respiratory symptoms (namely, sneezing and coughing).

B. Typhoid Mary was a known carrier, and a known spreader, of Typhoid fever. As a cook, she was in close contact with the families to whom she spread the disease, and left her feces and urine in their houses.

Surely, you can do better than this.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    It appears that in spite of hundreds of documented cases streaming across the border in Arizona and Texas the States without mask mandates are doing better than the mandate States.

View attachment 137377
    In the name of being as objective as possible, I am compelled to point out that this graphic is the epitome of cherry-picking. Show all of the mandate states, and all of the non-mandate states. Then compare.

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    A. Salmonella, a bacteria, is nothing like Coronavirus, a virus. Transmission and transmissibility of bacteria and of viruses are not the same. CoV is not spread in feces and urine of carriers; rather, it is spread through respiratory symptoms (namely, sneezing and coughing).

B. Typhoid Mary was a known carrier, and a known spreader, of Typhoid fever. As a cook, she was in close contact with the families to whom she spread the disease, and left her feces and urine in their houses.

Past evidence and experience leads me to doubt if better is on the table.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana

Oh, dear God, we cannot use analogies on INGO because of what now? Mother. Of. Pearl.

Some people are infected and do not show signs thus when inside and we cannot distance, we wear masks to reduce the risk.

One's politics cannot undermine the Germ Theory of Disease but this is exactly what is transpiring.

I just hope this is ending.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    Oh, dear God, we cannot use analogies on INGO because of what now? Mother. Of. Pearl.

Some people are infected and do not show signs thus when inside and we cannot distance, we wear masks to reduce the risk.

One's politics cannot undermine the Germ Theory of Disease but this is exactly what is transpiring.

I just hope this is ending.

True. Unfortunately, you're the one engaging in it. You use a term such as "Germ Theory of Disease", but have shown no evidence that you actually understand the term you're using.

Viruses are not bacteria, and vice versa. Bacterial diseases are not viral diseases, and vice versa. In terms of appropriate response to minimize transmission, one cannot make a valid "analogy" between Typhoid Fever and Covid-19.

Heck, not even all viruses can be lumped together, since some are spread through (symptomatic) respiratory droplets (such as CoV2), others are spread through (symptomatic) skin contact (e.g. Herpes), and yet others are spread (asymptomatically) through feces (e.g. Polio), blood (HIV, hepatitis, etc.), or other direct bodily-fluid exchange (e.g. STDs).

You could potentially draw an analogy between Salmonella Typhus and Poliovirus (both are transmitted orally through contact with infected feces) - but not between Salmonella Typhus and CoV2.

Top Bottom