• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    I think this is especially correct now. In the two medical facilities I've been to in the last couple of months they post a "strict" policy that masks are required, but no one said **** to us when we didn't. The waiting room had maybe 20 people, and a mix of maskers and non. None of the maskers gave me dirty looks like they tended to do during the heart of covid. I kinda think most people are just over the whole thing.
    I've been to two medical facilities, one the local hospital (IU health) to donate blood and another time to see an alien about a probing, and the other the Dentist. Hospital has someone at the door to make sure the dentist had a sign "recommending" them. Only staff members I saw wearing a mask at the dentist were the ones who were actually working on peoples mouth, an elderly woman and I believe her son came in wearing them and saw no one else wearing them and mentioned that they must not be required anymore then took theirs off.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    A lot of Asian places seem to still have the signs up about masks, but don't try to enforce it. Just an FYI. Place we get takeout from all the time has had the same sign up since the beginning of the COVID scare, but have never said anything since the mandates went away when I go in without a mask (and every other customer I've seen).
    I've also found that many small businesses have not updated their web pages since restrictions were imposed. If I see a mask requirement on a webpage I usually call them. Maybe 2/3 of the time they indicate the web page is not current and their is no requirement and I politely remind them they may be losing business if people don't bother to call and perhaps they would want to keep that current. About one third are musketeers and I politely inform them why I won't be doing business with them and will so advise my friends and acquaintances

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    We’re any of these IU Health facilities? They seem to be still adamant about masks…at least the last time I was in one.

I hate my employers steadfast refusal to follow the "actual" science. The last time I was in I was told they were still mandatory and when I had it down around my chin waiting for my doctor to see me while in the exam room, he cracked the door open, saw that my mask wasn't up and wouldn't come into the room until I covered my face. I'm thinking strongly of getting a new doctor.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I've been to two medical facilities, one the local hospital (IU health) to donate blood and another time to see an alien about a probing, and the other the Dentist. Hospital has someone at the door to make sure the dentist had a sign "recommending" them. Only staff members I saw wearing a mask at the dentist were the ones who were actually working on peoples mouth, an elderly woman and I believe her son came in wearing them and saw no one else wearing them and mentioned that they must not be required anymore then took theirs off.
    My dentist doesn’t have a sign. The only indicator of covid as you walk in, they have a table with a bottle if hand sanitizer by the doors on the inside. But every employee has a mask on. Usually under their nose.

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    I hate my employers steadfast refusal to follow the "actual" science. The last time I was in I was told they were still mandatory and when I had it down around my chin waiting for my doctor to see me while in the exam room, he cracked the door open, saw that my mask wasn't up and wouldn't come into the room until I covered my face. I'm thinking strongly of getting a new doctor.
    If it were me I would get a new doc. That says something about his medical judgement.

The clinic here enforces their mask mandate but when I am in the room with my doc we don't wear masks and are able to joke about it. Then when I leave I have to wear it again - we call it a hall pass.

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    My dentist doesn’t have a sign. The only indicator of covid as you walk in, they have a table with a bottle if hand sanitizer by the doors on the inside. But every employee has a mask on. Usually under their nose.
    Yeah at my daughters anyone working at the reception desk didn't have a mask at all. The techs did, but iirc they did before covid. May have been just a face shield though.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    This guy still has influence…Trump should have fired him.

Well anyway, I think something that would ease his anxiety would be not giving a **** about covid. If he goes out in public, and he's close to people who have covid, he's probably gonna get it whether he has a mask or not. He's probably gonna get it whether they have a mask or not. And if he has it, he's gonna spread it whether he's wearing a mask or not. So if he decides to remain afraid, he should probably lock himself and his daughter in the basement and never come out again, and hope the door dash driver isn't a mall shooter.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    The major corporation (not Indiana based) my friend works for is back to requiring masks and negative test to attend meetings…
    I keep looking for my company to resume doing that too. A couple of weeks before the summer surge started they announced the covid was now endemic and people should take their necessary precautions...BUT they’d monitor the situation and act if necessary…ugh. The thing is, a few of the employees are keeping the “protocols” alive. Just recently some of them asked the plant to restate the policies they should follow if exposed to someone with covid. As long as people keep this thing alive, it’s never going to die.

tim87tr

Freedom lover
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Eastern IL
    The major corporation (not Indiana based) my friend works for is back to requiring masks and negative test to attend meetings…
    That's just retarded.
    After 30 long months It'd be nice to see some strong pushback to bring an end to the all the craziness. Will that happen in the last half of 2022 or will each year be Covid Groundhog Day? Quite the pattern has been established.

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    I keep looking for my company to resume doing that too. A couple of weeks before the summer surge started they announced the covid was now endemic and people should take their necessary precautions...BUT they’d monitor the situation and act if necessary…ugh. The thing is, a few of the employees are keeping the “protocols” alive. Just recently some of them asked the plant to restate the policies they should follow if exposed to someone with covid. As long as people keep this thing alive, it’s never going to die.
    Two weeks off paid is a powerful motivation to keep it alive. I know of people that get tested weekly and have taken months off,and they are usually travelling not sitting at home. I am not sure if where you work pays people to isolate after an exposure without a positive(******** test by the way) but some companies do.

xwing

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 11, 2012
    Greene County
    We’re any of these IU Health facilities? They seem to be still adamant about masks…at least the last time I was in one.

I recently got into a big fight at an IU Health facility in Bloomington. I'm sitting there almost naked for a skin cancer screening and the doctor tells me she won't examine me unless I put a face diaper on. Especially funny because she has to examine my face as the highest risk area in the screening. I told her it's too bad she refuses to treat me and start putting my clothes back on after a long argument. She finally relented, but I certainly won't be able to do that again. So no more skin cancer screenings I guess. I'm so glad that their unbending devotion to left-wing ideologies takes precedence over my health.

I really hate IU health, but there are no other providers at all.

Last edited:

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Well, the good part about working in a place that was ALWAYS short of people, and always had to worry about having enough people to actually run the place.. was they didn't play around too much.
    I wore my mask in the control room, and in the elevator.. if anyone else was in the elevator.
    Otherwise, the mask was stuffed in my hard hat.

The one time a boss said something about giving people time off, someone pointed out all the people that would get time off, and then told.. if ONE person doesn't show up, the place shuts down for 8 hours.
    $$$$$ gets lost.

So he shut up.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy

Shadow01

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2011
    WCIn
    They’ll hire them back then comb through their performance going forward until they find the smallest of reason to fire them again.

Top Bottom