To carry extra mags or not to carry extra mags?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ECS686

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 9, 2017
    Brazil
    Similar to old school revolver cops when they were found dead with empty brass in their pockets and live rounds still in dump pouches?

Little late as I missed this the last 3 weeks but let me add

The whole “brass in pockets” story has been overplayed and proven to not have happened. From a deep dive in the after actions and talking to investigators that were actually involved no brass was ever found in any CHP pockets.

cedartop

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    North of Notre Dame.

The whole “brass in pockets” story has been overplayed and proven to not have happened. From a deep dive in the after actions and talking to investigators that were actually involved no brass was ever found in any CHP pockets.

It has been fairly common knowledge for a while now, but old myths die hard. I was going to post this up and this seems like a good spot.

jsx1043

Master
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Apr 9, 2008
    Napghanistan
    Just saying (on my original post here,) unless you hear BEEP “Heyoooooo!!” BAM BAM BAM BAM BAM, you probably have no business carrying a speedstrip for your revolver. As Jim Cirillo said, “The best reload for a revolver is another revolver.”

wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Off the Grid In Tennessee

I believe Even Paul Harrell has a video out that addresses the Myth.

What is unfortunate is that training was materially altered based on something that never happened.

Top Bottom