• ...and so much more!
  • 55fairlane

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 15, 2016
    New Haven
    I will bentz. 22lr bentz chamber
    I am machining up a dedicated rimfire AR barrel. I will use a CMMG bolt. Here is these pictures, I have the bolt trunion turned & I'm getting ready to chamber.
    After I chamber I will turn the around, cut it off, profile , crown & thread.
    The trunion that the barrel nut holds against will be made of aluminum, hardcoated & "glued" on with a Loc-tite product .
    The barrel is from a Remington 510 & the floating chamber reamer holder I made

Resized_Resized_20230425_160606.jpeg Resized_Resized_20230425_160537.jpg Resized_Resized_20230425_160548.jpeg

55fairlane

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 15, 2016
    New Haven
    Most of those rem 510'soutshoot the user. I would change as little as possible personally
    A) the fist 4 inches of this barrel is heavily rust damaged & was replaced (by myself) several years go.
    B) barrel has a sporter chamber. I want a semi auto match chamber
    C) a 510 is an average rifle ( poor trigger, sporter chamber) its not like I cut up a barrel off an Anschutz or a Walther or a Remington 540XR or a Remington 37

Aaron

snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    A) the fist 4 inches of this barrel is heavily rust damaged & was replaced (by myself) several years go.
    B) barrel has a sporter chamber. I want a semi auto match chamber
    C) a 510 is an average rifle ( poor trigger, sporter chamber) its not like I cut up a barrel off an Anschutz or a Walther or a Remington 540XR or a Remington 37

Aaron
    I get my matchmaster scoremaster targetmaster Confused with 510 511 512 513's often until I see one.
    I also have a kindness in might heart for all of them.

The only 510 I have has the mo-skeet-o barrel. (A long ago purchase)I have a 513s and a 513p (the s was my grandfathers and the p was a purchase) and a 513t (a purchase at tipton gun show parking lot).

bgarman47

File Jockey
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 8, 2023
    Ossian
    My CZ 457 chassis gun is a factory Bentz chamber. It absolutely hammers with CCI standard velocity. 5 shot groups under and inch at 100 yards with the cheap stuff is pretty good IMO.

I'm not seating bullets into the rifling, and I haven't had any issues extracting chambered rounds.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 19, 2023
    Fruitland, ID
    My CZ 457 chassis gun is a factory Bentz chamber. It absolutely hammers with CCI standard velocity. 5 shot groups under and inch at 100 yards with the cheap stuff is pretty good IMO.

I'm not seating bullets into the rifling, and I haven't had any issues extracting chambered rounds.
    Hey there! Is your Cz 457 chassis gun completely stock? I’m looking for one just like yours in order to shoot PRS rimfire in the production class. I would like to hear more about your experience with this model. I’m keeping my eye out for one.

bgarman47

File Jockey
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 8, 2023
    Ossian
    As far as the barreled action is concerned, totally factory.

I stressed for weeks over the standard Precision Chassis vs the MTR model, and ultimately couldn't find an MTR so I "settled" for the standard Chassis model. I'm really not sure the MTR would have shot any better, and may have been more picky with ammo given the short lead in the chamber.

Titanium700

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2022
    Otisco
    Had a custom barrel stubbed to a TC Contender stub.
    My smith asked me which chamber.
    Gave me 3 options.
    Non bentz
    Bentz
    Or semi bentz. - said this will still fire all ammo.
    Went with semi bentz and very happy.

Top Bottom