TMZ shows video footage of cop shooting civilian in hotel hallway.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I am not an expert but when he lies on his stomach, hands on his head and legs crossed, why not go ahead and handcuff him?

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    I am not an expert but when he lies on his stomach, hands on his head and legs crossed, why not go ahead and handcuff him?

If i had to guess, I'd say that they were unsure about others in the hotel room.

In any event, there has to be a better practice than playing twister in the hallway, telling the guy that if he doesn't get every move exactly right they'll shoot him and them making good on that promise.

Horrible.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    There were at least 2 cops in the hallway. The reason they wanted the guy to come to them was the cops were not sure if more people where in the room and where the gun was at.

Another hotel guest called the cops about a man with a rifle. When cops arrived that is what they were looking for. The 2 civilians that came out had no guns on them so the cops figured the guy and rifle were still in the room.

Rifle turned out to be an airsoft rifle as the guy that was shot was an pest exterminator and that was his tool he used.

Gabriel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 3, 2010
    The shore of wonderful Lake Michigan

I admittedly skipped parts and slid the slider to the shooting after a few commands (so I may have missed something), but I was wondering the same thing. I try to cuff someone up as soon as possible (if they're under arrest) because you end up with a situation where you're giving out commands forever and nothing is really getting resolved. I haven't paid any attention to this shooting (other than when it initially came out that he had a custom dust cover... don't do that) so I don't know what the initial call was or if he had backup with him that could have gone hands on while he remained there for cover.

Gabriel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 3, 2010
    The shore of wonderful Lake Michigan
    There were at least 2 cops in the hallway. The reason they wanted the guy to come to them was the cops were not sure if more people where in the room and where the gun was at.

Another hotel guest called the cops about a man with a rifle. When cops arrived that is what they were looking for. The 2 civilians that came out had no guns on them so the cops figured the guy and rifle were still in the room.

Rifle turned out to be an airsoft rifle as the guy that was shot was an pest exterminator and that was his tool he used.

That answers what I didn't know. Thanks. From the video, I thought that was a T section hallway the two had walked around the corner of.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    It was a total of 2 cops. The cop with the ar and another cop. You dont see the 2nd cop but hear the ar cop tell him to cuff the girl when she moved forward to them.

Im not sure if a 3rd cop was in the hallway because it appears ar cop said a different name after shooting the guy to check_clear the room door.

singlesix

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, In
    Turns my guts inside out watching that, but who in this day and age show anything related guns to basically strangers in a public setting. Stupid decision started this chain of events. No winners on all sides of this tragedy.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011

Exactly

Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Mars Hill
    Not surprised that guy had your ****ed on the dust cover. Bet he had a sign that said we don't call 911 on his front door too. That dude really wanted to shoot someone that night and he got his excuse to do just that.

voidsherpa

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2015
    NE
    So, my lesson learned, if a cop ever gives me command that has me to the point I'm on the ground, definitely staying flayed out like an X regardless of what they say.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Yeah, I don't think I should try crawling around. With my knees, I am sure I would grab at one of them at some point.

MarkC

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 6, 2016
    Mooresville
    Hum... somehow i think you may still get shot.
    In this case? yeah.

Interestingly, at work we were just discussing "what could he/she done to avoid getting shot? What, if anything, could they have done to save their lives?" in these contexts over a post-meeting lunch. We are an interesting mix of conservative men and some very liberal women. All educated, articulate, and very thoughtful people.

Unfortunately, the answer was, for most of the cases we discussed, "probably nothing." As the only (former) LEO in the room, I had nothing; no cogent response.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Don't forget that this all started with a MWAG call. No report of anything illegal, just a MWAG. When we're out there carrying, it pays to be ultra cautious and ultra-respectable.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    The only thing i can think of is the guy said he was not drunk but i think he was. That may have change what the police did. Maybe if they knew he was drunk.

Oh btw there were 6 police officers in the hallway when this occured. The ar cop plus 5 others.[SUP][/SUP]

Top Bottom