• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    I have been waiting since the last show there (autumn 2019) to attend a quality gunshow again. This is a very good show with a lot of older gentlemen that are VERY knowledgeable on their weapons. If you are looking for more modern weapons, then this is probably not your show. If you like older Colt automatic pistols and revolvers, vintage S&W revolvers this is a great show.
    Was it very crowded? Prices ok? Trying to go tomorrow.

drm-hp

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 23, 2019
    Brownsburg
    Yes, it was very crowded when we arrived (10:30), but had thinned by the time we were leaving. Colt was very well represented, as was S&W. Winchester levers were well covered also.

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    Yes, it was very crowded when we arrived (10:30), but had thinned by the time we were leaving. Colt was very well represented, as was S&W. Winchester levers were well covered also.
    See any M1s or M1As? SOCOM? I’d like to find an affordable LW Commander in 38 Super too.

Mister K

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2014
    Central IN
    I went at 1:00, was not crowded at all. Colt556: There was a vendor across from the vendor in the front with all of the flintlocks that was selling a greenish? M1 with ammo. Price was $2100 firm. A guy made him an offer of $2000 and wasn't accepted. At least that was what I heard as I was eyeballing something else, so don't quote me on that. Don't know about the .38 super, there were various 1911's. Prices: a pound of Varget for $75! What ammo was there was expensive. As usual Tipton had lots of older firearms, revolvers, levers, etc.

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    Seriously? You think any gun show prices are going to be ok?
    Sometimes the smaller shows that have a lot of older vendors and older guns aren’t too bad. I’ve found my best deals at the small shows, Tipton being one of them. But I guess now who really knows.

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    I went at 1:00, was not crowded at all. Colt556: There was a vendor across from the vendor in the front with all of the flintlocks that was selling a greenish? M1 with ammo. Price was $2100 firm. A guy made him an offer of $2000 and wasn't accepted. At least that was what I heard as I was eyeballing something else, so don't quote me on that. Don't know about the .38 super, there were various 1911's. Prices: a pound of Varget for $75! What ammo was there was expensive. As usual Tipton had lots of older firearms, revolvers, levers, etc.
    Wow, to turn down a $2000 offer on a gun marked $2100 is being pretty firm I guess. I always expect a little wiggle room from both sides, especially on something in the price range. Thanks for the info. Hopefully I’ll get off my a** and make it up there tomorrow.

drm-hp

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 23, 2019
    Brownsburg
    There were several 38 Super Colts available as that is one of the firearms I was looking for. I am rather picky about what I want and did not find one, (Series 70, National Match). There was a 1911 NM in 38 Special Wadcutter available though, (You don't see those every day!).
    You can make it either a bad show, or a good show by your attitude, it is what it is in these times. I was thrilled to be with like minded people who for the most part were also happy to be out with like minded people. If someone who owns something is asking an inappropriate cost, it's his, why do you care? It was worth $5.00 plus fuel just to see weapons you normally do not get too see, for me. My suggestion is to go and have fun.

jdthieke

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 28, 2012
    My father law is set up at the show. He said it has been a de armas ent turnout thus far, but not many buyers just a lot of "lookers". Probably due to the climate hike in pricing

gungirl65

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 11, 2011
    Richmond
    The Tipton show is one of my favorite shows. It has a different air and feel about it. Everyone is friendly and knowledgeable.

I went yesterday with a friend and had an awesome time. I even brought home my very own pony.

I think she had been a safe queen and will probably continue to be so. Although I was looking for a carry Colt and still am, I think this one was a good investment since it had the box, original paperwork and shipper box.

It was originally purchased on 12-18 -98 for $325. I paid much more than that, and more than I was looking to spend, but I thought it was too good of a deal to pass up. Besides the guy dealed with me on the price and knocked $85 off.

Attachments

• IMG_20210411_113331.jpg
      IMG_20210411_113331.jpg
      1.9 MB · Views: 25
    • IMG_20210411_113612.jpg
      IMG_20210411_113612.jpg
      1.8 MB · Views: 23
    • IMG_20210411_113433.jpg
      IMG_20210411_113433.jpg
      2.1 MB · Views: 23

COOPADUP

Accipiter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 8, 2017
    Hamilton County
    The Tipton show is one of my favorite shows. It has a different air and feel about it. Everyone is friendly and knowledgeable.

I went yesterday with a friend and had an awesome time. I even brought home my very own pony.

I think she had been a safe queen and will probably continue to be so. Although I was looking for a carry Colt and still am, I think this one was a good investment since it had the box, original paperwork and shipper box.

It was originally purchased on 12-18 -98 for $325. I paid much more than that, and more than I was looking to spend, but I thought it was too good of a deal to pass up. Besides the guy dealed with me on the price and knocked $85 off.
    Nice purchase. Looks pristine.

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon

That’s a nice one! Congratulations

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy

Congratulations! She's a beauty!

flatlander

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Noblesville
    My SIL runs the gun shows in Slidell, LA. She said she is probably going to set a record for people and sales this weekend. She said Uncle Joe and The Ho are better salesmen than Hussein and Michael ever were :draw:

hoosier21

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    South Bend
    Wife and I stopped at the Tipton show last May I believe, while driving from Indy to South Bend. First time there and really enjoyed it. Picked up a Taurus TX22 at a fair price, good conversation with couple of the seasoned vendors, and enjoyed a burger. We have a South Bend show next weekend, which has pretty much been a joke the last couple times I attended, but may give it another try.

baranjhn

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 8, 2021
    Lafayette
    I just got back from Tipton. Overall even though it is small, it is a nice show. Lots of nice older guns and some new ones too. Prices were a bit high, but there were some decent deals. I saw two Mossberg 500's in the $325 to $350 range. A little high, but they are a hot item right now.

mikesouth12

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    I'm looking for an older one. Solid metal nothing modern or lightweight. Something like a detective's model. Either in snub nosed 38 special or 357.

In all honesty I don't know much about them or what's available. I saw one at the 1500 that I really liked the way it felt.

I thought he was a little overpriced since the bluing had some imperfections. He wanted more then I thought it was worth and and he didn't want to deal so I walked. For a premium price I expect near perfect condition.

I like the fatter grip on the Colt compared to the older Smith & Wessons.

I like the Colts that have the continuation of the hump around the cylinder on the frame. I find it anesthetically pleasing.

In other words, I like The fat bottom pretty ones since I don't have any actual Colt knowledge.
    $1500 is double what it should be. They are sweet little guns. Be patient, they can be found.

gungirl65

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 11, 2011
    Richmond
    I think she was referring to the Indy 1500 gun show, not $1500 for the revolver. ;)
    You are correct. I saw it at the 1500.

It's going to have to be some revolver for me to shell out $1,500. There better be a cutie that comes with it that's going to give me some shooting lessons. LOL

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out

I do not know what you paid for it, but it is a nice revolver!

Top Bottom