• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Why does the town feel the need to fight this? If there's legitimately nothing in the building that falls under/within the categories typically present for such security, then it seems like a waste of the town's resources. Why fight to add security in a building that doesn't need secured statutorally? Ignorance? Power flex? Or is something or someone significant actually in that building, even if unofficially?
    Power flex and they are not spending/risking their own money to do so.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Why does the town feel the need to fight this? If there's legitimately nothing in the building that falls under/within the categories typically present for such security, then it seems like a waste of the town's resources. Why fight to add security in a building that doesn't need secured statutorally? Ignorance? Power flex? Or is something or someone significant actually in that building, even if unofficially?
    It's the county, not a town.

Kabuki theater, given the ego of the Prosecuting Attorney it is likely him.

Hell, Pat locked the 4th floor bathroom since his office was in courthouse, they moved to Pat's Palace on at 111 N. 4th years ago and the bathroom is still locked to this day and all of the taxpayers pay for it.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 7, 2021
    central indiana
    It's the county, not a town.

Kabuki theater, given the ego of the Prosecuting Attorney it is likely him.

Hell, Pat locked the 4th floor bathroom since his office was in courthouse, they moved to Pat's Palace on at 111 N. 4th years ago and the bathroom is still locked to this day and all of the taxpayers pay for it.
    Foia request for the contents of the locked bathroom?

carry205

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 6, 2017
    Florissant
    Any updates to this ongoing battle between the forces of good and evil? Love how Kirk battles these idiots, just like David and Goliath…..
    ”hmmmm……where is that nice round rock I saw here yesterday?”

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    My schedule and my recent health battles (Return of Piriformis Syndrome: The Battle Continues).

I am off cane and slowly improving with PT, yoga, chiro, and did dry needling a couple of times.

Still walk with limp but nerve pain (which was a bitch kitty, inside and outside leg) is mostly gone.
    Glad to hear you are on the mend. I've dealt with severe back pain down the arms and legs and know that can be pretty debilitating. Hope it continues to improve for you.

carry205

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 6, 2017
    Florissant
    Thanks. Slow progress but progress none the less.
    Sorry to hear this, Kirk. Did not know about your issue. By all means, take care of yourself. Your health and that of your loved ones is of utmost importance. I have just missed your reports of your battles with the powers that be. Godspeed, brother.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Sorry to hear this, Kirk. Did not know about your issue. By all means, take care of yourself. Your health and that of your loved ones is of utmost importance. I have just missed your reports of your battles with the powers that be. Godspeed, brother.

Wish I had cool story, football, motorcycle, parachuting, inter alia, but I hurt myself in my sleep.

Night before I was at the gym, doing laundry, getting ready for next day and then next morning about 4ish tried to get out of bed to start the day, fell right back down. Took 2 hours instead of 45 minutes to get ready for work.

My arm is 90% and the bruising is gone (I slept on my side wrong). Grip strength coming back.

DeadeyeChrista'sdad

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Feb 28, 2009
    winchester/farmland
    My schedule and my recent health battles (Return of Piriformis Syndrome: The Battle Continues).

I am off cane and slowly improving with PT, yoga, chiro, and did dry needling a couple of times.

Still walk with limp but nerve pain (which was a bitch kitty, inside and outside leg) is mostly gone.

There's a joke in there somewhere with the words "tight ass" in the punchline. I just know it.

MrSmitty

Master of useless information
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    New Albany
    [emphasis mine]

Nice choice to characterize it.
    For today's quiz, who knows the etymology of the word used here?
    Show of hands please. :wavey:

In tomorrow's quiz, we will ask who looked up "Potemkin". Clue: it's not about the namesake battleship.
    :laugh6:

Thanks for taking on Government Bureaucrats Gone Wild.
    OOO OOO OOO!!! pick me, pick me Mr. Kotter!!!!

JAL

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2017
    Indiana
    Clue about "Potemkinesque" (which @Kirk Freeman so aptly "coined"):
    It's related to the relationship Field Marshal Grigory Potemkin had with Empress Catherine the Great (aka Catherine II) and what he did to please her during her travel, in particular during her barge trip down the Dnieper River (aka Dnipro) to Crimea.

Top Bottom