Throwing stars.. what kind will you get?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • FNparabellum

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Aug 30, 2022
    Indianapolis
    So. SB77 is likely headed for passage, this is the bill that makes throwing stars legal as of July 1.

So what will you buy, if anything?

I may get some, just to get some.. lol

real-throwing-stars_jpg.webp

I thought they where illegal to carry not own. Ill admit Ive not done any research into this because they look cool but ultimately are not very useful aside from novelty.

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    I never knew throwing stars were illegal. I was just never interested. The only place I ever really looked at them was a pretty large collection on a wall with some swords and daggers and things. They were on the family room wall of an active duty LEO. Now I am mildly amused ;)

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    I had no idea there were French pirate ninjas hiding in the woods throwing illegally sharpened stars at trees. Thank God I carry a firearm.
    His name is Adam Celadin. He's Czech and is actually a world champion/world record holding competitive knife thrower. He has some really cool videos

tinmansinoz

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2023
    Brownsburg, IN
    His name is Adam Celadin. He's Czech and is actually a world champion/world record holding competitive knife thrower. He has some really cool videos
    Something about sorta Russian really takes away any surprise I could have had about a grown man being a champion at that. I mean its dope right and he can consult for van dame movies but honestly it's not really that impressive to me. Perhaps I'm an idiot that can't see talent. Whatevs.(edit to add) lol

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I had no idea there were French pirate ninjas hiding in the woods throwing illegally sharpened stars at trees. Thank God I carry a firearm.
    We made our own back in the early 70's. Sometimes it just feels good to throw a ninja star at a tree or a target. I don't know how old you are (I'm 63), but it was a fond childhood memory for me. We also used to throw our knives at the trees just because it was fun. I don't think many kids get to do that these days.

tinmansinoz

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2023
    Brownsburg, IN
    We made our own back in the early 70's. Sometimes it just feels good to throw a ninja star at a tree or a target. I don't know how old you are (I'm 63), but it was a fond childhood memory for me. We also used to throw our knives at the trees just because it was fun. I don't think many kids get to do that these days.
    I'm 44 I recall them being in the back of catalogs with bullet proof leather jackets and harpoon guns right next to the sai...I don't recall owning any myself but I've definitely flinged em at stuff.

Top Bottom