Throwing stars.. what kind will you get?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BigMoose

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 14, 2012
    Indianapolis
    So. SB77 is likely headed for passage, this is the bill that makes throwing stars legal as of July 1.

So what will you buy, if anything?

I may get some, just to get some.. lol

real-throwing-stars_jpg.webp

Last edited:

Brian's Surplus

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 18, 2016
    Howard County
    So. SB77 is likely headed for passage, this is the bill that makes throwing stars legal as of July 1.

So what will you buy, if anything?

I may get some, just to get some.. lol

real-throwing-stars_jpg.webp

I hadn't heard this. I'll have to stock up on them. I get asked for them frequently, most people don't know that they are illegal in Indiana.

I remember when automatic knives were legalized in Indiana, I'll bet I sold over 500 of them at the Howard County Fair that year! The fair was in July, right after it took effect.

erasure

komm süßer tod
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 25, 2020
    merrrerrrmrerrerverre
    Are they actually legal? I read it's a case of 'legal for the owner/operators of licensed weapons ranges' or something retarded like that.

I still want some. And a dartboard. And a napkin with 'license' written on it.

edit after five minutes of googling:
    Senate voted 48-1 to authorize ax-throwing bars and similar businesses to acquire throwing stars and make them available to their customers to safely throw on the premises of the business.
    It would have remained a Class C misdemeanor, punishable by up to 60 days in jail and/or a $500 fine, for a Hoosier to manufacture, possess or use a throwing star outside of a throwing star business.

Then the House just decided to remove special classification, now they're just plain knives under the law. Nice.

Last edited:

BigMoose

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 14, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Are they actually legal? I read it's a case of 'legal for the owner/operators of licensed weapons ranges' or something retarded like that.

I still want some. And a dartboard. And a napkin with 'license' written on it.

edit after five minutes of googling:

Then the House just decided to remove special classification, now they're just plain knives under the law. Nice.
    That law was at first, but then it got extensively "stealth" redone in the House. Like SB77 transformed into a completely new bill. I dunno how the Indiana Legislature critters work, but they seem to have gotten it right this time.

I don't know how they did it, just that they eventually did it.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    I will probably get some just to throw at a tree one time then put them away and forget about them.
    Did you buy beer on Sunday... the first Sunday it was legal too? And then never again (too?)

BigMoose

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 14, 2012
    Indianapolis
    I may wait until @Brian's Surplus gets some and buy some there.
    Then probably just hang them on the wall.

I think this is one of the last banned things in that section of the law.

Ohh yes after this, only ballistic knives will be banned, that and handgun armor piercing ammo.

IC 35-47-5 Chapter 5. Prohibited Instruments of Violence is getting pretty empty.

BigMoose

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 14, 2012
    Indianapolis
    When did they become illegal?

I remember buying them in the late 80's from a shop in the Washington Square mall before it....well....turned into what it is now.

There was some sort of Ninja fad thing going on in the 80s..movies, comics, etc etc... and these started poping up.
    So the legislature back then saw fit to ban these.

Is was one of those "Think of the children" deals..

Top Bottom