• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • obijohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 24, 2008
    Terre Haute
    The ACT staff has been discussing the low light class going forward. We have yet to decide to even offer the class this year, but have decided on a few other things. Every year we get several really good suggestions, typically from those that attend annually and have for some time. We have discussed each and every one of those suggestions. It has been decided that if the class is to be offered, it will not be substantially changed. This means that the same information, the same drills etc, will make up the class. This is because the class if first and foremost an introduction to the proper use of lights and lasers in a low light environment. For those asking for progression or more involved drills, a bay will be set aside for this purpose and we will supply targets but will not be actively setting up anything other than the class as it has been from the beginning.
    This may not set well with some, but ACT did not want to offer anything that was not originally intended for this class.
    We are still in discussion regarding a second, or even third class that will explore the topics our more advanced students have requested.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I like just having the opportunity to practice in low light at night. I'm fine with the exact same drills, keeping it as an intro class will also help the new attendees that decide to sign up.
    This. Offer the same drills and skills training. alumni will get something out of the refresher (I hope) and noobs will learn fresh. Both will get the practice, which is difficult since most ranges wont go dark/shoot after dark for neighbor courtesy.

brchixwing

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    75   0   0
    Nov 13, 2016
    Indianapolis
    This. Offer the same drills and skills training. alumni will get something out of the refresher (I hope) and noobs will learn fresh. Both will get the practice, which is difficult since most ranges wont go dark/shoot after dark for neighbor courtesy.

Agreed, definitely worthwhile to train after dark

Average-Times-of-Criminal-Offenses.png

nad63

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 3, 2011
    Low light/no light is an important skill to have and be able to practice. ACT offers a great low light class and I’d say continue offering it ‘as is’ but it will have to have people attending/signing up to make it happen.
    Several ‘frequent fliers’ expressed the desire for a next level class and I also stand by that. You have left us wanting more which is a good thing. There’s only so many times we can take the same class before wanting more but it was this class that got the journey started and hopefully will for other shooters too.
    Good points by others here like trying something new as in a red dot or a wml or a different set up. The standard class is very worthwhile and allows a lot of shooters the ability to shoot in low light where they might not have the ability to elsewhere.
    I’m still looking for that next level class though whether that be at ACT or elsewhere.

Top Bottom