• ...and so much more!
  • CTC B4Z

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    nUe-ten Kownt
    Contract is due.

Guarantee delivery rate is $2.12/gal and I'm currently contracted at 1170 gallons which puts me at $2400 total and that really doesn't even cover the entire contract period, I end up buying more out right at end of season.

What's every one else paying currently?

Who does a budget based plan? It's obviously more expensive right?

4sarge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    FREEDONIA
    Contract is due.

Guarantee delivery rate is $2.12/gal and I'm currently contracted at 1170 gallons which puts me at $2400 total and that really doesn't even cover the entire contract period, I end up buying more out right at end of season.

I do a Budget but Cut our monthly bill to the Extreme by heating with wood and use a Heat Pump/Propane Furnace for back up or If I feel lazy. Suburban Propane is our Provider and they fill once a year, June or July. I Paid per gallon about what you paid and Only keep the Propane for Emergencies or in case of ill Health. Our house is Warmer with wood and we pay much less for our Heat.

chocktaw2

Home on the Range
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 5, 2011
    Mayberry
    Contract is due.

Yes Sir, that will be very expensive.

4sarge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    FREEDONIA
    I have no idea what this means. Lol
    If you Own your tank then you can shop for price from Independent Suppliers. If you are tied to a specific supplier you are at their mercy for price. Most house tanks are 1K gallon or 450 gallon. I rent my 1K tank but if I were younger and doing it over, I'd have bought my own tank.

wagyu52

Master
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Sep 4, 2011
    South of cob corner
    Most companies offer prepay and/or budget Program. Sign up dates are usually early summer/late spring. Ours was in June $1.80/.85 respectively.
    Best deal is to own enough capacity to buy in summer and last till the next summer otherwise pre buying, if you can lay out enough cash followed buy budget.
    It‘s almost a guarantee the winter cash price will be more than prepay/budget. Been at this 20yrs I’ve only seen a couple times when it was break even, usually it’s $.50-1.00 higher.
    I can all but guarantee this winter spot LP will hit $3.00

BiscuitsandGravy

Future 'shootered'
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 8, 2016
    At the Ranch.
    We own our 2x 500gal tanks and do a 1/year summer fill. Every summer I get out the propane supplier spreadsheet and start calling...

This year we paid $1.50/gal + tax. So at 80% fill for 660 gals total it was approx $1059.30 The bitch is, you have to pay all at once, no budget. I didnt get around to filling until Sept 3.

My Mother got her fill, she owns her tanks (2x500 + 1x1000), for $1.30 but that was in June.

For some context, we are propane heat and generator. My Mother is heat, water heating, range and clothes dryer. Thank goodness my late father put in those big tanks years ago. :yesway:

Its a nice feeling knowing that your heating is all ready and all paid up for winter.

:ingo: TGIF!

mike45

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 25, 2012
    east central
    When I am drying corn, I use 800 gal/day.
    I locked in at $1.54/ gal for 5500 gal. If I don't use it all I pay$0.05 on the unused.
    By the way I have a natural gas well that supplies gas for 3 homes and my farm shop.
    The well cant keep the dryer going for more than a few hours.

BroodXI

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 15, 2010
    Salem
    paid $1.66 in april to shelby county coop. bought my tank when i switched out the electric heat when i got the place.

Top Bottom