• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tsm

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 1, 2013
    Allen county
    No photographic evidence, but recall paying 50 cents per box of .22 shorts as a Boy Scout when target shooting in the church basement after meetings.

hooky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 4, 2011
    Central Indiana
    No photographic evidence, but recall paying 50 cents per box of .22 shorts as a Boy Scout when target shooting in the church basement after meetings.
    Those filthy thunderbolts were around that price when I was a kid.

A few years ago I grabbed a box of 22LR's out of the stash and it had a Galyan's tag on it $9 something for 500. I probably complained about the price when I bought it.

Michigan Slim

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2014
    Fort Wayne
    After I married in the late 80's I would buy a box of ammo every paycheck. 4.00 for a box of shotgun shells and 10.00 for a box of .270. I think .30-30 was 7.99.

jerrob

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 1, 2013
    Cumberland Plateau
    Anyone remember the gold fish bowl full of .22LR on the sporting goods counter at K-Mart?

They were 50 cents each for a 50 count box and usually a mixed selection of brands.

My Pops would have to buy them for me because they thought I was too young, I couldn't have been older than 9 or 10.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    You did. I bought them at the hardware store when I was like 13 years old. Winchester Super X.
    People give me a sideways look when I tell them that I used to buy .22lr ammo at a gas station at $.25 p/50 rounds.
    Not only the price, but I would buy them myself at 10-11 years old.
    No I.d. required, not even a note from my mother.
    I used to buy a case of PBR in bottles at the neighborhood grocery store and pull my little red wagon to get the beer to grandpa's house.
    The clerks knew who I was and who grandpa was.
    All of this debauchery and the world didn't end.

Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    Yep, bought my first 22 rifle from the guy that owned the only bodyshop in town for $12 when I was 10. Mowing Grass and delivering newspapers paid for my ammo and the rifle. Mater of fact, the Town Marshall gave me a ride home with the rifle after I bought it, lol.
    It was a different world back then, I really miss it.

yetti462

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 18, 2016
    Unglaciated heaven
    I'll get pics later. I have 12ga high brass pheasant loads with $5.99 price tag. Powder pound cans with $8&$12 tags. Sierra bullet boxes $8/100. $9/500 Winchester wildcat from Walmart.

I too remember the Levi Garrett sample man at Friendship. Dad would be on the pistol line and I'd go to the entrance sheepshead intersection and get Levi "for my Dad of course, he's shooting" then under the bridge over Laughery creek I'd go chewing tobacco.

Top Bottom