Those in favor of gun ownership vs. those who are not...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jerchap2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2013
    Central Indiana
    own_guns.jpg

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Sad thing is, if you included those that thought certain kinds of guns and associated appurtenances shouldn't be owned by the unprivileged, that list of those that think you shouldn't would include way too many other gun owners, NRA members, gun magazine writers, etc.

ultra...good

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2012
    If I had a nickel for every time I have heard someone say "you don't need more then 3 rounds to kill a deer"...............................

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    If I had a nickel for every time I have heard someone say "you don't need more then 3 rounds to kill a deer"...............................

They say the same about an intruder. I tell them to name me ONE person who has been through a gun battle that said, "You know, I had too much ammo. I'm going to cut down."

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    They say the same about an intruder. I tell them to name me ONE person who has been through a gun battle that said, "You know, I had too much ammo. I'm going to cut down."

High-Capacity-High-Waisted-Magazine-Holder-Dress.jpg

This isn't me, but I've got a custom made Snuggy that I curl up on the couch on with 50 mag pouches for my HD pistol. :)

I do agree with you though.

:)
    Ok, got me there.

Cynical

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 21, 2013
    peru

I will add to the whole argument of someone else telling me what I need or don't need. I usually respond with, the speed limit is 55 you dont need a car that does 120. The I got nothin light goes off and we move on to another subject.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I will add to the whole argument of someone else telling me what I need or don't need. I usually respond with, the speed limit is 55 you dont need a car that does 120. The I got nothin light goes off and we move on to another subject.

I've done that. People usually go off on the whole "how dare you compare guns with cars" argument.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville

I've done that. People usually go off on the whole "how dare you compare guns with cars" argument.

I've told them, "Think of all the lives you'd save with all cars being limited to 20 mph. After all, you (the person I'm talking to) set the standard at IF WE COULD JUST SAVE ONE LIFE"

(not using caps to yell. Because it was a quote in a quote, didn't know what to do)

And when they tell me their car doesn't kill people....
    Really.. neither do my guns.

When they say cars kill on "accident", I say, "WOW, I'm sure that makes a big difference when you are DEAD. I'm sure God/god/mother nature/random chance will send you right back if it's just an accident."

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    You may be able to deal with one intruder within three rounds. Intruders 2, 3, 4... not so much. Don't tell me what I need, I may have a semitruck load of stuff I don't need, but it's none of your [bad word] business. Fudds **** me off almost as much as antis.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I've told them, "Think of all the lives you'd save with all cars being limited to 20 mph. After all, you (the person I'm talking to) set the standard at IF WE COULD JUST SAVE ONE LIFE"

(not using caps to yell. Because it was a quote in a quote, didn't know what to do)

And when they tell me their car doesn't kill people....
    Really.. neither do my guns.

When they say cars kill on "accident", I say, "WOW, I'm sure that makes a big difference when you are DEAD. I'm sure God/god/mother nature/random chance will send you right back if it's just an accident."

Take it even further. Why do we need cars at all. We should all just use public transportation. If it would save just one life, wouldn't you give up your car?

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    There is a thread, on here that talks about a cop, who now carries 100 rounds of ammo, cause he ran out, during a "gunfight." .....

Yeah, but cops are allowed. You know, because they have extraspecial training. Ordinary people should only have one bullet that they keep in their shirt pocket. Wait...I don't think I thought that through enough.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I also like this video.
    [video=youtube;7F1nPSNnaBo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7F1nPSNnaBo&feature=player_embedded[/video]

Cynical

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 21, 2013
    peru
    I also like this video.
    [video=youtube;7F1nPSNnaBo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7F1nPSNnaBo&feature=player_embedded[/video]

That was a smokin good video that conveys a logical argument that is hard to visualize without 1080dpi. In the end, it's my decision to decide what is best for me and my family...... although those liberties are vanishing quickly. As a side bar I was talking to some friends after the nuke option was employed and I made the statement that I didn't recognize my country anymore but that I've seen it before in East Germany when I was stationed there in the Mid 80's.

Bennettjh

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Columbus
    I like that. :thumbsup:

Top Bottom