Those funny moments when you realize that you just screwed up, and there is absolutely nothing you can do to fix it.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    My first job as a prep cook at a restaurant on my second day I was given a #10 can of jalapeños and told to slice them all. Well after 20 minutes of slicing I needed to take a leak but didn’t think about washing my hands FIRST.

You can probably guess what happened next to cause all the giggling from the kitchen staff as I returned to the kitchen.
    Been there, done that too! It gives you a warm feeling in your loins. :lmfao:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Been there, done that too! It gives you a warm feeling in your loins. :lmfao:
    Not done the the disservice to my loins but making a chili for a New Year’s Eve card party I got the job cutting onions and peppers. After a bit my eyes were watering and without thinking….yup.

Don’t “EVER” do that.
    Just don’t.

04FXSTS

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 31, 2010
    Eugene
    I was recently an idiot. Changingout races and bearings in steering head of 2004 Springer. The bottom bearing is press fit on bottom of springer and I had to cut the old one off with my Dremel tool. Heated up the new bearing and checked the inside diameter with a pair of calipers to make sure it would slip on. No problem it fell right on and hit the shoulder perfectly seated. Turned around and shut off my torch quite pleased with myself. When I turned back around and looked at it again I saw I had put it on perfectly upside down. I just went back into the house I was done for the day. Jim.

jwamplerusa

High drag, low speed...
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2018
    Boone County
    My first job as a prep cook at a restaurant on my second day I was given a #10 can of jalapeños and told to slice them all. Well after 20 minutes of slicing I needed to take a leak but didn’t think about washing my hands FIRST.

You can probably guess what happened next to cause all the giggling from the kitchen staff as I returned to the kitchen.
    Do that with Skydrol, and you might lose a couple layers of sensitive skin...

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I was recently an idiot. Changingout races and bearings in steering head of 2004 Springer. The bottom bearing is press fit on bottom of springer and I had to cut the old one off with my Dremel tool. Heated up the new bearing and checked the inside diameter with a pair of calipers to make sure it would slip on. No problem it fell right on and hit the shoulder perfectly seated. Turned around and shut off my torch quite pleased with myself. When I turned back around and looked at it again I saw I had put it on perfectly upside down. I just went back into the house I was done for the day. Jim.
    Learned from an old dog years ago to use my tig welder to shrink the race by striking an arc and running 3 or more dry beads across the race top to bottom effectively shrinking the race in diameter and it will pop right out. New one in the freezer for an hour and propane torch heat the receiver and the new one taps right in.
    Unless you get to aggressive with the tig heat and weld the old race “Too” the receiver.
    Yup. Sure did.

Last edited:

Bugzilla

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 14, 2021
    DeMotte
    Was probably about 25 at the time. Got the top part of on old wood extension ladder that was thrown out by a company I worked for. Fast forward a few years and I go to do some siding maintenance at my dad‘s house out in the country. Get the ladder and on the 4th rung when it gives. Loud thump with the sudden stop the ground caused. First thing-look around, ah good, no one saw me. Of course you idiot, you are out in the country with no visible neighbors. Learned why industries were moving away from wood ladders and how to make firewood from an old wood ladder. Had a sore back for a few days.

matbmorr

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2021
    Charlestown
    Not done the the disservice to my loins but making a chili for a New Year’s Eve card party I got the job cutting onions and peppers. After a bit my eyes were watering and without thinking….yup.

Don’t “EVER” do that.
    Just don’t.
    Not as bad as this, but I had to learn my lesson with peppers/spice. When you're cooking, make sure the kitchen is ventilated if you're using hot peppers. I effectively maced myself....on multiple occasions.

xwing

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 11, 2012
    Greene County

Don’t “EVER” do that.
    Just don’t.

It's really fun if you're cutting Habanero peppers. Went through a bottle of saline solution washing my eye out for that one.

tsm

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 1, 2013
    Allen county
    It's really fun if you're cutting Habanero peppers. Went through a bottle of saline solution washing my eye out for that one.
    Grew some Habaneros one year, dehydrated them and used a small spice grinder to turn them into powder. Always make sure you’re upwind of the grinder when taking the top off and dumping the pepper powder. Just sayin.

Bugzilla

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 14, 2021
    DeMotte

I heard that high schoolers would put Ben Gay in jock straps and the wearer of said jock stap would have similar results!

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    Not as bad as this, but I had to learn my lesson with peppers/spice. When you're cooking, make sure the kitchen is ventilated if you're using hot peppers. I effectively maced myself....on multiple occasions.
    Been there, done that. I was making some spicy Chinese. I started coughing, then everyone in the house started.

I was cutting up a habanero for a mop for some BBQ and left the knife and cutting board sitting out. My MiL asked my son if he wanted some watermelon... He was eating a piece and she asked him how it was, he said it was good but kinda hot. I glanced in the kitchen and asked her what knife she used.

Last edited:
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Nov 2, 2017
    LaPaz Junction
    Well this doesn't have to do with peppers but kinda rhymes. I live 200 yds off the road and my house isn't visible till the last 50. When we mow, we all know to blow the grass away from the house, right? Well it was very warm and the beer was cold. I thought why not, so I started going in the buff round and round. About the 5th lap I came around the house with a cigarette in my mouth and a beer in another hand. There happened to be a window van full of pamphlet givers. What could I do but wave and smile. They didn't bother turning around, just backed out faster than they came I think.

matbmorr

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2021
    Charlestown
    Well this doesn't have to do with peppers but kinda rhymes. I live 200 yds off the road and my house isn't visible till the last 50. When we mow, we all know to blow the grass away from the house, right? Well it was very warm and the beer was cold. I thought why not, so I started going in the buff round and round. About the 5th lap I came around the house with a cigarette in my mouth and a beer in another hand. There happened to be a window van full of pamphlet givers. What could I do but wave and smile. They didn't bother turning around, just backed out faster than they came I think.
    Sounds like problem solved to me!

Nazgul

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 2, 2012
    Near the big river.
    I will tell on myself again. The house we used to own had a laundry room between the kitchen and the garage. If you come into the garage from there a right turn and 6' takes you to a door with the garbage cans outside. The garage was my shop with all my woodworking/metalworking tools in it and I kept it well lighted and organized .

One of the chores assigned to my teenage daughter was to take the garbage out to the cans. Typical of teenagers you had to remind them to do that. One very hot summer day I came home from work. As I was dirty and sweaty, I entered thru the garage to drop my clothes in the laundry before hitting the shower. Raise the garage door and a leaky bag of garbage was sitting on the floor and had cooked in the heat all day, the smell was......well....notable. Now I am pissed, instead of going 6' farther, evidently an impossibility for a teenager, and putting it in the cans it was dropped where it was.

So being mad I did the only natural thing, I kicked it. Spreading it all over and knocking a garden rake off the wall. The rake handle hit me on the forehead, still being mad I back handed the rake which bounced up and broke a brand new 8' fluorescent light I had installed in that area.

As I stood there with glass falling on my head I realized I had lost. I surrendered. Cleaned up the mess, put the garbage in the can, got a ladder and fixed the light, went in and took a shower after a stiff shot of bourbon. :dunno:

Don

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    Sounds like problem solved to me!
    I knew a guitar picker, kind of a strange ranger. Whenever he saw someone, especially church lady types approach his door, he would toss his clothes grab a beer can, and open the door nekkid with a big smile. He invited them to come inside for a beer. He said they were not very friendly because they always ran away.

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    I will tell on myself again. The house we used to own had a laundry room between the kitchen and the garage. If you come into the garage from there a right turn and 6' takes you to a door with the garbage cans outside. The garage was my shop with all my woodworking/metalworking tools in it and I kept it well lighted and organized .

One of the chores assigned to my teenage daughter was to take the garbage out to the cans. Typical of teenagers you had to remind them to do that. One very hot summer day I came home from work. As I was dirty and sweaty, I entered thru the garage to drop my clothes in the laundry before hitting the shower. Raise the garage door and a leaky bag of garbage was sitting on the floor and had cooked in the heat all day, the smell was......well....notable. Now I am pissed, instead of going 6' farther, evidently an impossibility for a teenager, and putting it in the cans it was dropped where it was.

So being mad I did the only natural thing, I kicked it. Spreading it all over and knocking a garden rake off the wall. The rake handle hit me on the forehead, still being mad I back handed the rake which bounced up and broke a brand new 8' fluorescent light I had installed in that area.

As I stood there with glass falling on my head I realized I had lost. I surrendered. Cleaned up the mess, put the garbage in the can, got a ladder and fixed the light, went in and took a shower after a stiff shot of bourbon. :dunno:

Don
    I think you have won this week's most relatable experience story.

Top Bottom