Those funny moments when you realize that you just screwed up, and there is absolutely nothing you can do to fix it.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Frosty

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    Greencastle
    I experienced the same in a McDonalds parking lot. I was sitting in my grey Mercury and a woman starts yanking my locked door handle, cussing and screaming that I had done bad things with my mother and that she was tired of my excrement. I leaned forward and she saw my face. Then she shrieked and backed up. I have a long grey beard and long hair. The man in the grey Buick next to me was laughing hysterically. He was clean shaven and shiny bald. She got in his car and started hitting him. All I could think was "good luck buddy" as they pulled out.
    Had a guy do this in the drive through at a McDonald’s, yanked the door open on my ranger, looked at me and the girl with me and just stood there looking all confused for a minute. Turns out his buddy was a couple cars back in a black ranger :):

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    It's a short, tragic story from this past Saturday.

I was making pancakes for the kids and omelets for my wife and I when I forgot about the 8 strips of bacon I had going in the oven at 425*. I transformed them into pure carbon. I tried one strip. I finished it, but it was not "edible" in any traditional sense.

I wasted bacon. :facepalm:

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy

I was making pancakes for the kids and omelets for my wife and I when I forgot about the 8 strips of bacon I had going in the oven at 425*. I transformed them into pure carbon. I tried one strip. I finished it, but it was not "edible" in any traditional sense.

iu

jkaetz

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Back when over the cooktop microwaves were a new fancy thing and our kitchen had just been remodeled I asked my younger brother how long I should reheat my garlic bread. His response was three minutes. Bread in the microwave, three minutes, off to do something else. Two and a half minutes later with black smoke rolling out of the microwave and smoke detector beeping I realized that I shouldn't have listened to him. That microwave was no longer new and had a permanent brown spot on the back wall.

Fast forward a few years as we're getting ready for a family vacation I was tasked with backing the family van out of the way the night before we left. Brother is now screaming at me to stop and of course I now ignore him. A few seconds later and there was a nice crunching sound. I was certain there was nothing behind.... Oh ****! Dad's prized 1972 Chevy Malibu was behind the van....

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    Back when over the cooktop microwaves were a new fancy thing and our kitchen had just been remodeled I asked my younger brother how long I should reheat my garlic bread. His response was three minutes. Bread in the microwave, three minutes, off to do something else. Two and a half minutes later with black smoke rolling out of the microwave and smoke detector beeping I realized that I shouldn't have listened to him. That microwave was no longer new and had a permanent brown spot on the back wall.
    My son did something similar with popcorn. He put it in the microwave and walked off. Not sure just how long he set it for, but it was far too long. I'm surprised it didn't catch on fire, it was a solid fused black brick. Everytime we used the microwave after that it smelled like burnt popcorn.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

Fast forward a few years as we're getting ready for a family vacation I was tasked with backing the family van out of the way the night before we left. Brother is now screaming at me to stop and of course I now ignore him. A few seconds later and there was a nice crunching sound. I was certain there was nothing behind.... Oh ****! Dad's prized 1972 Chevy Malibu was behind the van....
    The one he still has…???

Squid556

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 26, 2022
    Wabash Co.
    This happened just a few days ago. My wife and I stopped at a Speedway gas station to get a couple of drinks. Now a little back story. About two weeks ago we traded in our fire engine red pick up truck for a new Chevrolet Blazer. When my wife came out of the store she walked right over to a red truck and opened the door and tried to hop right in. Imagine the surprise to the gentleman sitting in the red truck. My wife was embarassed to the point of asking me not to tell anyone that story. I told her that I would not tell ANYONE, I would tell EVERYONE.
    When I was I living in off base apartments in Norfolk I would regularly go on runs around the apartments at night to stay in shape.

One night I went out and started my routine, got really into my music and the workout and just gave it all I had.

Tired out I walked back up to the building and up the stairs....... Door was locked. That's odd, why did my wife lock me out? Knock on the door... Nobody.. Knock again and again..... Then all of a sudden some strange guy and strange lady answers the door and I'm thinking who the heck did my wife let into the apartment?!?!

We stand there for a moment, all of us looking like deer in the headlights at each other.... Then it hit me like a ton of bricks..... I walked back to the wrong apartment!

My face turned somehow even more red and I apologized a hundred times and shamefully walked back to MY apartment.

I sure hope my stupidity isn't contagious. Y'all might be doomed.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    My son did something similar with popcorn. He put it in the microwave and walked off. Not sure just how long he set it for, but it was far too long. I'm surprised it didn't catch on fire, it was a solid fused black brick. Everytime we used the microwave after that it smelled like burnt popcorn.
    This is why I can no longer eat popcorn. At work, people were constantly burning their microwave popcorn and stinking up the whole office, to the point where that smell just makes me nauseous. Bastards. :xmad:

Last edited:

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    This is why I can no longer eat popcorn. At work, people were constantly burning their microwave popcorn and stinking up the whole office, to the point where that smell just makes me nauseous. Bastards. :xmad:
    This was beyond just burnt popcorn. If regular burned popcorn is a stick of tnt, this was Hiroshima. He threw it out in the yard, and it no joke didn't break down at all in over 2 months of weather. We kept moving it as we mowed to see what would happen to it. Ended up just throwing it in the trash. He wanted to keep it but I wouldn't it let it back into the house, it still smelled. It was a solid block of carbon.

jkaetz

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Indianapolis
    The one he still has…???
    That be the one. The actual damage to the car was minimal, the trailer ball mount from the van made a nice dent in the bumper but the mental scaring was done.

That wasn't the last incident either. Another time our friend was putting a basket ball away in the garage and in the process a garden hoe fell off the wall and onto the hood. We still can't figure out why it fell off the wall but I truly feared for my friends life that day.

All was taken care of though as the car eventually cycled out of daily duty and had all the injuries repaired. It now has a nice cushy life in the garage and occasionally goes out for a drive.

hoosierdaddy1976

I Can't Believe it's not Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Mar 17, 2011
    newton county
    This one is related to food. Happened about 2 weeks ago.
    Making French toast and bacon for dinner. I always sprinkle cinnamon on the toast after laying it on the griddle.
    Get done cooking and everyone starts eating. We all look at each other like wtf, the French toast doesn't taste right. Apparently I grabbed the cumin instead of the cinnamon....:lmfao:
    Did something similar while at college. After coming home from a party, I wanted some toast. There was always a metal shaker full of cinnamon sugar in the kitchen, and I covered it pretty heavily. After the first bite, I realized I had grabbed the shaker of seasoned salt.

hoosierdaddy1976

Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Mar 17, 2011
    newton county

I put myself through college cooking in restaurants and country clubs. At one of them, for Sunday brunch (during which the kitchen staff is typically at least somewhat hungover) one of my tasks was to keep a warmer full of toasted English muffins.

The standard procedure was to use an electric cheese melter to toast them, but the line also had a gas salamander (wall mounted broiler) that was much hotter and could toast a full pan of muffins in 90 seconds. I put a pan in the salamander and immediately got slammed with a dozen orders. Eventually, I got an order for something that needed to go into the salamander and saw a dozen English muffins that looked like they were either used to shield the space shuttle during reentry or had been expelled from a volcano.

Last edited:

hoosierdaddy1976

Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Mar 17, 2011
    newton county
    Returned a movie to Blockbuster. On the way home, I reached down to change the CD and saw the movie. Had to go back to Blockbuster and ask them to open the return box and give me my CDs in exchange for their movie.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    That be the one. The actual damage to the car was minimal, the trailer ball mount from the van made a nice dent in the bumper but the mental scaring was done.

That wasn't the last incident either. Another time our friend was putting a basket ball away in the garage and in the process a garden hoe fell off the wall and onto the hood. We still can't figure out why it fell off the wall but I truly feared for my friends life that day.

All was taken care of though as the car eventually cycled out of daily duty and had all the injuries repaired. It now has a nice cushy life in the garage and occasionally goes out for a drive.
    I have seen and ogled it in person.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Did something similar while at college. After coming home from a party, I wanted some toast. There was always a metal shaker full of cinnamon sugar in the kitchen, and I covered it pretty heavily. After the first bite, I realized I had grabbed the shaker of seasoned salt.
    How hungry were you...???

MRockwell

Just Me
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Noblesfield
    I carbonized some mac 'n cheese once.

@PhotoNinja and I were on a ski trip to Winter Park, staying in a condo with a full kitchen. We had some of those Kraft mac 'n cheese cups that are microwavable; quick, easy, and cheap. I had already fixed hers, put mine in the nuke and hit the time and started it, then went about getting other stuff ready to eat. A couple minutes later I turned around and the kitchen was filling with smoke! I forgot to put water in the cup. The cup had melted and the macaroni was black.

We had to open the door to the patio, get the box fan set up to blow the smoke out of the condo. After airing out the room with some fresh 20-degree air, we made a run up to Granby to the market and grabbed a gallon of vinegar and a half-dozen plug-in air fresheners. Had to clean the microwave and all the cabinets around it, left the air fresheners plugged in for two days until we left. I was certain we would get charged for a massive cleaning fee, but didn't.

indyblue

Guns & Pool Shooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 13, 2013
    Indy Northside `O=o-
    My first job as a prep cook at a restaurant on my second day I was given a #10 can of jalapeños and told to slice them all. Well after 20 minutes of slicing I needed to take a leak but didn’t think about washing my hands FIRST.

You can probably guess what happened next to cause all the giggling from the kitchen staff as I returned to the kitchen.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Dhlawson
    Top Bottom