• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Badger and mink are the only two native mamals (as far as I know) to Indiana that I’ve not seen in the wild yet, at least as far as native and still populated to some extent anyway.

Mij

Permaplinker (thanks to Expat)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 22, 2022
    In the corn and beans
    Badger and mink are the only two native mamals (as far as I know) to Indiana that I’ve not seen in the wild yet, at least as far as native and still populated to some extent anyway.
    It’s just luck of the draw you haven’t seen a mink, they are plentiful, Badger on the other hand are fairly rare anymore. Still a viable population but barely. Habitat depletion and coyotes haven’t helped them (the young).

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    It’s just luck of the draw you haven’t seen a mink, they are plentiful, Badger on the other hand are fairly rare anymore. Still a viable population but barely. Habitat depletion and coyotes haven’t helped them (the young).

Yep...have come across a number of mink,

Hardscrable

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    S.E. of Southwest
    Mink seen here quite often. Around most any body of water, flowing water, etc.

cg21

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    May 5, 2012
    Not at all, I do the same thing when I see a rodeo. Inflict needless pain and suffering on an animal and you get what ya get.
    If we ask the bull he’d probably rather be rode than eaten. The amount of money those rodeo animals bring in I can only imagine that 8 seconds is about all the mistreatment they receive for the week.

I’m sure there are exceptions, as there are with everything nothing is absolute.

I bet your chicken nuggets wish there was a chicken rodeo event.

Frosty

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    Greencastle
    If we ask the bull he’d probably rather be rode than eaten. The amount of money those rodeo animals bring in I can only imagine that 8 seconds is about all the mistreatment they receive for the week.

I’m sure there are exceptions, as there are with everything nothing is absolute.

Those animals know when it’s go time, I don’t understand why people think it’s so cruel, they aren’t being hurt at all.

jerrob

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 1, 2013
    Cumberland Plateau

Point noted.
    By your rationale, let's ask the dog in the "break room" story if he'd rather be humanly dispatched and consumed or hung on a porch by a leash, stabbed multiple times and then stuffed in a trash can.
    I'm not saying we should ban rodeos, I'm just saying I'm cheering for the animal.

Top Bottom