Somewhere over the rainbow

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    I was not aware of the foolishness (yes, I said it) of some gun owners, depicted by the photographs in the link. I've seen people who OC on a daily basis go into the store and buy a cup of coffee on an appreciation day, without much fanfare, but these people were only out to get their five minutes of fame and to "stick it to them."

I will continue to support Starbuck's because they could have banned guns on their premises, but they didn't.

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    I tempest in a teapot... I think the author of the article linked by the OP needs to switch to decaf. And yes, I think walking into a store OC an AR-15 is not a good idea these days. Anyone who doesn't think this is going to scare the **** out of the sheeple is nuts. If we want to "educate" these sheeple, take them to a shooting range or get them to an Appleseed.

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    We can win more people over to our side by presenting ourselves as mature, reasonable adults. Taking an extreme stance only alienates those sitting on the fence. I saw this coming a long time ago. If public displays such as those pictured become more commonplace, we will do much more harm to ourselves than the Violence Policy Center could ever do. If we sway public opinion against us, not only requests, but outright bans may follow. Restrictive laws won't be far behind.

ViperJock

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Feb 28, 2011
    Fort Wayne-ish
    We can win more people over to our side by presenting ourselves as mature, reasonable adults. Taking an extreme stance only alienates those sitting on the fence. I saw this coming a long time ago. If public displays such as those pictured become more commonplace, we will do much more harm to ourselves than the Violence Policy Center could ever do. If we sway public opinion against us, not only requests, but outright bans may follow. Restrictive laws won't be far behind.

So true. Gunowners so often present themselves as spoiled brats. They gave us a mole hill. Some folks took a mountain.

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    Interesting that at least one photo featured in the article actually had nothing to do with the current OC debate, but was taken in Kuwait in 2005.

shotgun.jpg

But you know this is one the Moms will feature on their FB page...

Yes, sometimes we are our own worst enemies.

rob63

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    There is a time and a place for everything. I wouldn't think twice about a guy at a range with an AR-15, but someone walking into a Starbucks with one is way over the top. I agree with the article completely!

jimbo-indy

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    N.W. Indy
    I guess I missed the point of the original "support Starbucks" day. I went to a Starbuck's and spent money, over $50, in a show of support. I carried concealled because that's how I carry every day. My understanding was that we were trying to boost their sales numbers on a day the anti gun supporters were calling for a boycot. Sort of like the Chick-Fil-A support day. Retailers don't want demonstrations of any kind. They just want profits. The best way to get their attention is to increase their sales. If that increase can be directly related to a specific cause, then your point is made. This is just the reverse of not shopping at stores posting "no guns" signs. Guess I'm getting too old for this foolishness of trying to scare women and childern. I just want to carry in a way that garners the least amount of attention.

easy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 11, 2010
    SEOK
    Stupid stuff like this is what caused the death of Unloaded Open Carry in CA. Exercise your rights, ok. But be smart about it too.

turnandshoot4

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 29, 2008
    Kouts
    Interesting that at least one photo featured in the article actually had nothing to do with the current OC debate, but was taken in Kuwait in 2005.

shotgun.jpg

But you know this is one the Moms will feature on their FB page...

Yes, sometimes we are our own worst enemies.

Wow. For their own benefit of argument they use a photo from 2005 in Kuwait.

AR15 shotgun anyone? We hate it when liberal media does it but condone it when our side does it? While railing against, that's right, our side!

Wheeler-Dealer

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 6, 2013
    East-Central

AR15 shotgun anyone? We hate it when liberal media does it but condone it when our side does it? While railing against, that's right, our side!

I imagine the author of the article simply did a search for photo's of "Guns in Starbucks" or something similar.
    I highly doubt that he knew it wasn't involved with the other IDIOTS who were open carrying AR-15's into a Starbucks Coffee shop .

I believe that those are the actions of idiots and they make the rest of us who believe in our 2A rights look very stupid to all of the other citizens.
    Citizens who might just be sitting on the fence about the whole issue of gun control and licensing to carry.
    I also believe that we need some of those same "fence-sitters" support, in the future, if we're to retain our 2A rights.

After being informed about where and when the picture was taken, he added the info below it to let everyone know that it wasn't the same deal. If he would've just pulled the picture people would've claimed that he "edited" it for some unknown conspiracy or something....probably.

Are you sure it wasn't just because it's CALIFORNIA?

+eleventy-billion:thumbsup:

Last edited:

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    I imagine the author of the article simply did a search for photo's of "Guns in Starbucks" or something similar.
    I highly doubt that he knew it wasn't involved with the other IDIOTS who were open carrying AR-15's into a Starbucks Coffee shop .

I believe that those are the actions of idiots and they make the rest of us who believe in our 2A rights look very stupid to all of the other citizens.
    Citizens who might just be sitting on the fence about the whole issue of gun control and licensing to carry.
    I also believe that we need some of those same "fence-sitters" support, in the future, if we're to retain our 2A rights.

After being informed about where and when the picture was taken, he added the info below it to let everyone know that it wasn't the same deal. If he would've just pulled the picture people would've claimed that he "edited" it for some unknown conspiracy or something....probably.

The problem is, once it's out there it's out there. Best to measure twice, cut once.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso

You're right. Wrong picture to use. If only there were some more accurate pictures to prove their point.....

mxzs.jpg

m648.jpg

xj20.jpg

Last edited:
    Top Bottom