• ...and so much more!
  • churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Any idiot that walks into a SB sporting a shot gun or an AR needs to be drug outside and beaten. What the hell sense does that make. Right or wrong there are codes of conduct. Civil ways to accomplish anything.
    This is not the way.

Thanks morons, big help. Stay the **** home next time please.

jrogers

Why not pass the time with a game of solitaire?
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Central IN
    INGOers are bad at forums. We already have had a dozen threads on this. No need to make a new one.

jrogers

Why not pass the time with a game of solitaire?
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Central IN
    Why not.....:dunno:

I just really started to read them. Had to keep the temper down

Because by creating a new thread every twenty minutes either the mods have to work overtime merging them or we end up with two pages of threads about Starbucks. It's just basic forum hygiene: One thread per topic.

edit: I'm not a mod and not trying to be one. I just value happy mods.

Last edited:

BuddieReigns

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2012
    Muncie
    Any idiot that walks into a SB sporting a shot gun or an AR needs to be drug outside and beaten. What the hell sense does that make. Right or wrong there are codes of conduct. Civil ways to accomplish anything.
    This is not the way.

Thanks morons, big help. Stay the **** home next time please.

Wouldn't it be silly if they took turns pouring the coffee through the ejection port of the shotgun so that if flowed down the barrel into their waiting friend's mouth? It would like the coffee version of this:

[video=youtube;U_5RJNo_oF8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U_5RJNo_oF8[/video]

Bobby

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 14, 2008
    Muncie/New Castle
    Why are the pro-2nd Amendment forces so worked up about Starbucks doing this? Or Internet bloggers so quick to blame gun owners like we have done something heinous? At least the company didn't outright ban weapons which I am sure is what the antigun groups were pushing for. Before the whole controversy erupted, Starbuck's was neutral and preferred to follow state law in regards to open carry. Didn't any gun owners read the questionaire that I have seen a couple of times already on the Internet? While Starbuck's won't openly welcome guns in their stores(what major retailer would in this culture?) Starbuck's is STILL also NOT going to ask open carry gun owners to leave unless they become disruptive. Why are gun owners "up in arms" and claiming Starbucks is antigun when it really isn't? As far as I can tell, the press statement only states that Starbucks(as a company) doesn't want guns in their stores because they don't want to caught between the pro-2nd Amendment vs. antigun groups. Don't like guns? They will welcome you. Openly carrying a firearm? They will welcome you too.

After seeing pictures floating around of customers carrying AR15s into the Starbucks coffee shops, I'm thankful Starbucks didn't adopt a strict "no weapons" policy. While I firmly believe in being able to open carry, carrying an AR15 into a coffee shop(any store actually) to make a political point seems a touch excessive. Liberals may have started this whole fracas but gun owners sure can be our own worst enemy at times.

Last edited:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    After seeing pictures floating around of customers carrying AR15s into the Starbucks coffee shops, I'm thankful Starbucks didn't adopt a strict "no weapons" policy. While I firmly believe in being able to open carry, carrying an AR15 into a coffee shop(any store actually) to make a political point seems a touch excessive. Liberals may have started this whole fracas but gun owners sure can be our own worst enemy at times.[/QUOTE]

I think packing a loaded AR into the coffee shop is way beyond excessive. It is moronic/childish/showoff behavior and has no place in the currant PC environment we live in. Are those idiots raising children???

This is JMHO of course.

Lebowski

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 6, 2013
    Between corn and soybean fields.
    Well, it doesn't seem like Starbucks is 'anti-gun' now. Could be worse. They didn't adopt some movie-theater like policy, which is good.

Well, the folks who went there with their AR's and shotguns. They're what I call 'freedom trolls'. I think they have good intentions but they give most folk a bad name. It's like purposely open carrying somewhere to get a rise out of someone, so when the cops come you can film it and be a dick to them and 'school them'. I support their right to do it, but it's not-necessary, and gives regular level-headed and well adjusted folk who carry a bad name.

Captain Morgan

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2012
    terrible haute
    In before the ," If you don't exercise your right you never had it" members to chime in.

Actually, it's "if you don't exercise your right for fear of losing it did you ever really have that right in the first place?" Personally, I feel that statement makes sense when we're talking about open carrying a pistol. I personally see no reason to carry an AR, AK or any other rifle while going about my daily business. But that has nothing to do with "fear of losing the right." In fact, I normally conceal carry my pistol, but again, it has nothing to do with fear of losing the right. There are people who say that open carrying a pistol will just cause us to lose the right, and that is where the above statement comes into play, at least in my mind. Many of the people carrying rifles into Starbucks were doing so because their states don't allow them to open carry handguns, and these folks were trying to make a political statement. Starbucks owns personal property and has every right to say, "not in here." They didn't want to be caught in the middle of it, and that's a decision they're free to make.

223 Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    199   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Red Sector A
    I think Travis hit it right on the head, with his statement it gives responsible gun owners a black eye.
    Even being a lifelong gun owner, if I saw some idiot carrying an AR-15 or other long gun into any store, I would not shop there.
    How does the general public know if he is exercising a right, or if he is going to hose the place? They don't, and I don't either, anyone with a lick of common sense would avoid that situation.

I can't blame starbucks one bit. It's too bad it has come to this.

Top Bottom