• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IUKalash429

Bullet Hose
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Apr 6, 2019
    Rum Ham
    Honestly, they're not very well regarded AKs. If you sell them you're more than likely going to take a loss, as American AKs, especially those built by Century are not good investments. Anyone with the internet can quickly learn more about the C39 family of guns.

I'd say using the lot as trade fodder for something you really want is ideal. Best of luck whatever you do.

econnell

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Apr 22, 2009
    Howard Co IN
    If you're not going to shoot them, why keep them? I've never understood the desire to accumulate a bunch of guns and just squirrel them away in a closet somewhere collecting dust. I am personally at a point where I have pretty much bumped up against that limit...there's only so much range time to spread around, and if I acquire many more I'm not going to be able to dedicate the time to each of them that they deserve.

The joy I get out of guns comes from shooting them, not simply possessing them. If it's not getting shot at least once a year, then I'm probably better off selling it and putting the money into making something that I do use better, making myself better, or acquiring something that I will actually use.

I do enjoy owning a wide variety of guns and appreciate the intricacies of the various operating systems and ergonomics. Were I in your position, I'd probably pick the one I liked best, then go burn through some of that 7.62x39 getting familiar with it again...maybe even have a range day comparing it with some contemporary platforms just for fun. You might find that this re-invigorates your appreciation for the gun. If not, then I'd start selling. Maybe keep your favorite one and the ammo around "just in case", but IMO there's no point in having a whole pile of AKs in the safe that you never shoot.
    Hit the nail on the head! I’m a victim of squirreling away and now letting go…well stated sir!

kBk wz. 1970

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 16, 2021
    Carroll County
    Honestly, they're not very well regarded AKs. If you sell them you're more than likely going to take a loss, as American AKs, especially those built by Century are not good investments. Anyone with the internet can quickly learn more about the C39 family of guns.

I'd say using the lot as trade fodder for something you really want is ideal. Best of luck whatever you do.
    Came here to say this. Any serious into AKs already knows about Century builds and the C39v2. You could always use them as barter material.

NyleRN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Dec 14, 2013
    Scottsburg
    I keep guns for 2 main reasons
    1. They provide a utility now or possibly will in the future
    2. They don't make that particular gun or model any longer and the intrinsic value will increase over time and will make a good piece of inheritance to my son

Aszerigan

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    335   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    Bean Blossom, IN
    Sometimes having a firearm isn't so much about shooting it, sometimes it's nice to pull something out and LOOK at it.

Some guns are like high end guitars (which I also collect). Am I Eddie Van Halen? No. But having old Gibson customs hanging on my walls makes me happy. Would they be better service to someone else? Sure thing. But they aren't for sale.

I like putting on a western and laying a few SAA's on the table in front of me, picking them up and playing with them. I also think a well made 1911 is a work of art. Some of my firearms don't get shot much but again, they aren't for sale. I own them because holding them makes me happy.

Long story short, if you like it, keep it. No justification needed.

KJW

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 31, 2010
    Lamb's Crossing
    I think it depends on how much of a shooter you are vs collector. I think all of us are probably a blend of those two and it's the deciding how much of each you are that makes the decision difficult. I'm definitely more of a shooter, but I do appreciate that the AK is one hell of a ingenious design, just like the 1911- and I own one example of each.

Mij

Permaplinker (thanks to Expat)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 22, 2022
    In the corn and beans
    I think it depends on how much of a shooter you are vs collector. I think all of us are probably a blend of those two and it's the deciding how much of each you are that makes the decision difficult. I'm definitely more of a shooter, but I do appreciate that the AK is one hell of a ingenious design, just like the 1911- and I own one example of each.
    I will agree on one point only. Both designers were genius in there concepts and applications.

Cant/won’t speak to the Johnny come afterwords.

DDadams

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Jan 17, 2014
    North Indy
    I'd keep them for the future if you don't need the money.

In an end of the world situation 2 is 1 and 1 is none - so keeping 1 is useless. Two back ups with a few thousand rounds will last you a good while should other things deplete.

Reactions: Mij

Mij

Permaplinker (thanks to Expat)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 22, 2022
    In the corn and beans
    I'd keep them for the future if you don't need the money.

In an end of the world situation 2 is 1 and 1 is none - so keeping 1 is useless. Two back ups with a few thousand rounds will last you a good while should other things deplete.
    No tellen what it will take to make them 100% reliable, if the basic design is there. I dont know enough to say yea or nea. But if shtf, may the best man (will) win. ………..I win.

Gingerbeardman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 17, 2017
    Anderson
    I'll buy them on a preferred buyback plan so if you change your mind you can buy them back. 15 year window. Call it a test run.

Seriously though, I'm typically against selling, but when I do it's to refine the quality of my "collection." Or, I'm feeling low on cash and have something I haven't shot in years and don't care to.

indyk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Nov 22, 2008
    Alpha site
    Sell or trade them and get something you want and will use.

Winner!!
    Tote them around the next show with for sale flags and I bet they will sell. As stated Century rifles won’t bring premium so price them as such to get rid of them faster.
    With the 2 rifles and ammo I would make 2 combo kits for a faster sale.

An honest shop could make a good trade with you i’m sure. 2 rifles and ammo for a trade..,..hells ya!

Hawkeye7br

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 9, 2015
    Terre Haute
    Winner!!
    Tote them around the next show with for sale flags and I bet they will sell. As stated Century rifles won’t bring premium so price them as such to get rid of them faster.
    With the 2 rifles and ammo I would make 2 combo kits for a faster sale.

An honest shop could make a good trade with you i’m sure. 2 rifles and ammo for a trade..,..hells ya!
    Agree.
    Winter is typically slow for me. A project this season is to take a full inventory, evaluate each gun with the criteria: how much have I shot it? am I going to shoot it? why should I keep it? Better to sell excess guns now and do something constructive for my kids & grandkids than to have them sell it for pennies on the dollar after I'm gone.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    7.62x39. Gross.

Get what you want. But I am biased and never cared for anything AK, Russian or from Chiner.

china-donald-trump.gif

Top Bottom