Think twice before purchasing from Palmetto State Armory!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    On the plus side, I just went through the motions of buying a gun from them. They are no longer recommending you.
    Any shipments from this point forward would have to be manually entered by the customer. (if thats even possible)

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    On the plus side, I just went through the motions of buying a gun from them. They are no longer recommending you.
    Any shipments from this point forward would have to be manually entered by the customer. (if thats even possible)
    Ultimately PSA needs to remove the FFL they currently have on file for this FFL holder from their files and any further attempts by someone that wanted to use them would need to contact the FFL holder and have them send a copy of their FFL to PSA. Without having that FFL on file they cannot ship the item.

tcecil88

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 18, 2013
    @ the corner of IN, KY & OH.
    Can the OP legally keep the gun? I honestly don't know so that's why I am asking. I guess once it is logged into his books it has legally been transferred.
    I have always heard if you received an unordered item from somewhere you were not legally bound to return it, but did not know if it applied to firearms.

Squirt239

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 7, 2010
    North of Brownsburg
    Can the OP legally keep the gun? I honestly don't know so that's why I am asking. I guess once it is logged into his books it has legally been transferred.
    I have always heard if you received an unordered item from somewhere you were not legally bound to return it, but did not know if it applied to firearms.
    No. As I did not purchase it, that would be considered theft.

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 9, 2022
    Bloomington
    No. As I did not purchase it, that would be considered theft.
    THIS. Just because you receive a package doesn't make it automatically yours.

Now if you've contacted the owner/responsible party and they're refusing to come get it from you, then after a certain period of time that might change things, but I'm pretty sure that depends on a lot of different factors.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    THIS. Just because you receive a package doesn't make it automatically yours.

Now if you've contacted the owner/responsible party and they're refusing to come get it from you, then after a certain period of time that might change things, but I'm pretty sure that depends on a lot of different factors.
    I don't believe that's correct.

"The first thing to understand is that any time you receive an item that you didn’t order, it’s a gift. It will never be considered theft and it will never be considered fraud."

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 9, 2022
    Bloomington
    Unless the law has changed, if you receive something you didn't order, (and it's addressed to you), then you are under no legal obligation to return it.
    I'm pretty sure there has to be more to the story in this case. Think about what you just said for a second. Technically, every time an FFL receives a firearm that someone else ordered in order to do a transfer, the package is addressed to the FFL, and they didn't order the item. Does that make it theirs? I have difficulty believing the law was ever actually that simple.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I don't believe that's correct.

"The first thing to understand is that any time you receive an item that you didn’t order, it’s a gift. It will never be considered theft and it will never be considered fraud."

I think the fact it has somebody else's name on it may add a wrinkle to that.

So if Im your neighbor and the mailman puts it in my mailbox, or you mistyped the address by 1 digit and put my address on it, I dont have to give it to you?

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I'm pretty sure there has to be more to the story in this case. Think about what you just said for a second. Technically, every time an FFL receives a firearm that someone else ordered in order to do a transfer, the package is addressed to the FFL, and they didn't order the item. Does that make it theirs? I have difficulty believing the law was ever actually that simple.
    I think the fact it has somebody else's name on it may add a wrinkle to that.
    Good points. But if the package was addressed to the FFL, and the actual customer's name didn't appear on the outside of the package? :dunno:

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 9, 2022
    Bloomington
    Good points. But if the package was addressed to the FFL, and the actual customer's name didn't appear on the outside of the package? :dunno:
    I highly doubt that would affect anything. If every time PSA sent a firearm to an FFL they were technically gifting that firearm to the FFL and relying on their good will to pass it on the actual buyer, but the FFL could legally keep the firearm if they wanted, I just have a hard time believing that could be the case.

Edit: Or maybe Cameramonkey is right, and they just have to be sure to put the customer name on the label; guess I really don't know for sure...

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    So you surrendered your ffl or did it expire? Cause either way, it sounds like psa dropped the ball.

I second the motion to contact the local ATF office, tell them that you received a firearm from via ups from “some company” called palmetto state armory, and “is this one of those internet gun sales you hear mom’s demand action or any town for gun safety talk about?”

Once the batfe gets involved I guarantee you someone at palmetto will do something…at least after they get back to work from the “reconstructive surgery” to have their ass repaired because of the ass chewing they’ll get from the atf!

Top Bottom