ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    They signed up and agreed to this, so yeah, they got what they asked for
    Yep, and to hear Californians complain who moved out to get away from what they voted for, just to spread their contagion into the likes of Colorado, Texas, etc is both satisfying and aggravating.
    I know this is not all Californians that signed up for this program, probably not even the majority, the lesson is for the locals to stand their ground or they’ll get what the Californians bring.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    "Sign up for Cool Cents! We'll knock a couple bucks off your bill each month to make it worth your while. And you wont even notice. "
    Even back then before the smart thermostats I knew it was bad news. And honestly I didnt see this coming specifically, but I knew it was bad news. I had no idea back then how right I was. Dayum!

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Ain"t the utopia great?

Wait until they start contolling their other "smart" property.
    My wife is looking at this and finally understanding why I have never wavered from INSISTING on DVDs and MP3s and NEVER EVER NEVER NEVER EVER e-only anything. They cant take away your physical (or downloaded) copy. sitting in the cloud? *poof* its gone like the Cumulonimbus after a rainstorm. (when they decide you no longer need it)

Case in point there is a great card game I play called Fluxx. My wife didnt like to play it because the rules constantly change. (even though the rules are clearly on the table to reference) So I bought the electronic version from itunes and would play with others online or against the tablet. It was great.

Then in typical fashion Apple updated iOS which caused issues that would require the game manufacturer to modify the game. Apparently (my assumption) they didnt sell enough digital copies to make it worth paying the developers to tweak, so the game fell out of the store and as soon as I replaced my devices, I could no longer re-download the game I paid for.

Granted it was only 4 bucks. But still. Kinda chaps my a** that the game I paid for disappeared like a fart in the wind through no fault of mine.

Luckily my kids like it now, so when I can peel them away from the electronic games, they will play with me.

indyblue

Guns & Pool Shooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 13, 2013
    Indy Northside `O=o-
    Years ago I was at an open house party at my brother @Born2vette ‘s house. It was a warm day and he had the deal with the power company where they throttled the a/c. With 30 people in the house it got uncomfortably hot inside and he couldn’t do anything about it at the time.

I knew right then that I would never agree to that. If it were my house I would’ve taken the thermostat off the wall right then and there and jumpered the A/C wires.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    They signed up and agreed to this, so yeah, they got what they asked for
    True. But, their inability to see the potential end results normalize this and it makes those of us that have the ability to see the end results look like conspiracy theorists. It does not just affect them.

I call them dumbmasses for this reason.

04FXSTS

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 31, 2010
    Eugene
    Back in the mid 90's I worked in a foundry that was on a deal similar to thesehomeowners. On a real hot day they would come around and announce at a certain time they would stop pouring iron because the power would be going down. Jim.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    The easy solution to this problem would be to require EV buyers to also install a couple solar panels on their homes to charge their EV.
    There isn’t enough roof/yard space to charge. An EV fast enough. Well, at least fast enough to actually go anywhere.

I know a lady who’s husband thought it was a great idea and bought one. (Without her) then his job was eliminated and he no longer was just driving in town. So her job (knightstown to to the east side of Indy) was now closer than his so she had to drive it.

They didn’t pay to install a rapid charger at home, so it would take 3 full days to charge from empty. And by Friday, she would have barely enough juice to make it home. As long as she didn’t use AC or the radio.

And I don’t think an average solar install would generate the current needed to charge quickly.

Especially overnight when most people are home and need to charge while they sleep. :facepalm:

DDadams

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Jan 17, 2014
    North Indy
    My wife is looking at this and finally understanding why I have never wavered from INSISTING on DVDs and MP3s and NEVER EVER NEVER NEVER EVER e-only anything. They cant take away your physical (or downloaded) copy. sitting in the cloud? *poof* its gone like the Cumulonimbus after a rainstorm. (when they decide you no longer need it)

Case in point there is a great card game I play called Fluxx. My wife didnt like to play it because the rules constantly change. (even though the rules are clearly on the table to reference) So I bought the electronic version from itunes and would play with others online or against the tablet. It was great.

Then in typical fashion Apple updated iOS which caused issues that would require the game manufacturer to modify the game. Apparently (my assumption) they didnt sell enough digital copies to make it worth paying the developers to tweak, so the game fell out of the store and as soon as I replaced my devices, I could no longer re-download the game I paid for.

Granted it was only 4 bucks. But still. Kinda chaps my a** that the game I paid for disappeared like a fart in the wind through no fault of mine.

Luckily my kids like it now, so when I can peel them away from the electronic games, they will play with me.
    Fluxx is an AWESOME game.

God I haven't played that in years. I wish I still had friends that played it. The 2016 election really killed my social life. I had no clue I was such a bad person til all my friends told me I wasn't invited to game night again because I wore a red hat the last time I played fluxx.

But on a related note - this is why the digital only PS5's are easy to find compared to the disc drive versions too. Though kids may think it's convenient and good to buy their games on the store and just download them - no thank you.

I tried telling my son that and what if he doesn't like the game? We can go trade it for something else. Can't do that with a digital game.

Such a scam, downloading everything...

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    My kids also get cranky if I make them wait to go get the card for the switch instead of the App Store version.

Sadly most of the games they like, especially on PC are indie games on steam.

And other than Haven, I can’t think of any of my gamer friends I grew up with that I still hang with because they are mostly insufferable (and intolerant) libs.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom