• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mbills2223

Eternal Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Indy
    I have found Pizza King varies greatly from location to location. The location ne Morse Reservoir has been quite good recently...
    Yes, you're 100% right. Connersville Pizza King tastes nothing like Liberty Pizza King which is 20 minutes away. They seem to have a really weird history and franchise system...wonder if that's why it varies so much.

Side note: is pizza the first thing we've ever agreed on??

Ingomike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Yes, you're 100% right. Connersville Pizza King tastes nothing like Liberty Pizza King which is 20 minutes away. They seem to have a really weird history and franchise system...wonder if that's why it varies so much.

Side note: is pizza the first thing we've ever agreed on??

I'm fairly certain over a good cocktail we could find more...

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    I'm going to "that guy" the everloving crap out of this thread:

There is no good pizza outside Naples Italy. Yeah, I said it. Fight me.

Those dudes need a license from the city to sell pizza. You can sell anything you want, you just can't call it "pizza" without a license. Street vendors sell "pizzitas" instead. Naples claims to have invented pizza, and they are serious about it. Once you have it you just have to accept that American pizza isn't pizza. It's good, in the same way both cake and pie can be good, but it isn't really the same thing.

I seldom eat pizza out any more because I can make a better one at home then most places do at exorbitant prices. My wife makes a real yeast dough the day before and I wood fire it. Buy real mozzarella in ball form, not pre-shredded. Spend the extra for Boar's Head or other quality pepperoni. Good mushrooms. My wife's pickled jalapenos. Good stuff.

Indyhd

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    Noblesville
    If I chose my favorite of the chain places it would definitely be Greek's.

The Ordinary, Union Jacks, and Ale Emporium in Castleton definitely have great pizza.

mbills2223

Eternal Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Indy

Those dudes need a license from the city to sell pizza. You can sell anything you want, you just can't call it "pizza" without a license. Street vendors sell "pizzitas" instead. Naples claims to have invented pizza, and they are serious about it. Once you have it you just have to accept that American pizza isn't pizza. It's good, in the same way both cake and pie can be good, but it isn't really the same thing.

I seldom eat pizza out any more because I can make a better one at home then most places do at exorbitant prices. My wife makes a real yeast dough the day before and I wood fire it. Buy real mozzarella in ball form, not pre-shredded. Spend the extra for Boar's Head or other quality pepperoni. Good mushrooms. My wife's pickled jalapenos. Good stuff.
    Thanks Denny

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out

But wait....how could her pizza be good if she's making it outside of Naples, Italy?

IMG_0600.PNG

natdscott

User Unknown
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 20, 2015
    Now sure, there may be some chains that are trying to expand where you can get something resembling a good pizza, bit of you want a good pizza in Indiana, best to look in the Region.

Maybe, but there seems to be fewer and fewer good Hoosiers INside the Region. I’ll pass, and just enjoy the warmer climes and culture down this’a way.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy

I concur that what we think of as pizza here is nothing like the original Italian version. When I visited my friend in Australia, I got to meet her mom and dad. Her dad was an Italian that emigrated to Australia. He made a pizza while we were at their farm and it was very light. The closest I've seen here is a "Margheurita (sp?)" pizza. Basically a little sauce, sliced tomatoes, fresh basil and a little cheese. It was good, but I still prefer the American versions. He said that the "heavy" Italian food in general that we think of here (lasagna, alfredo, etc.) is from northern Italy. In southern Italy, everything is much lighter.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    How can it be a better pizza in Naples if I've never been to Naples to experience it? I base my taste in pizza according to what I've always eaten of which there are good and bad versions. I think this is what the thread is basically about. American style pizza.

That's not to say Naples pizza isn't good authentic traditional Italian faire. I've just never experienced it.

Top Bottom