• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Now sure, there may be some chains that are trying to expand where you can get something resembling a good pizza, bit of you want a good pizza in Indiana, best to look in the Region.
    You've obviously never had my wife's.

She's been telling me for a long time how great her dough is and her pizza is.

I've never had it either...but I ain't calling her a liar....you feel free to.

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    As a transplant to Da Region, here we go. Average at best. Gelsosomo's or Aurelio's is probably top of the mark after the little shop in Portage closed years ago, and on 20. They were out of Chicago and a spin off. I liked Pascal's spinach pizza in St. John, but now they serve at a hockey rink over there with weird hours.

Then you have to factor in deep dish v flat.

IMO, per experience, locals grow up on local flavors. I've seen people here toute places that cause me an adverse reaction because of cheap ingredients made from oil.

J&J's here serves by volume with cheap products on large trays.

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    As a transplant to Da Region, here we go. Average at best. Gelsosomo's or Aurelio's is probably top of the mark after the little shop in Portage closed years ago, and on 20. They were out of Chicago and a spin off. I liked Pascal's spinach pizza in St. John, but now they serve at a hockey rink over there with weird hours.

Then you have to factor in deep dish v flat.

IMO, per experience, locals grow up on local flavors. I've seen people here toute places that cause me an adverse reaction because of cheap ingredients made from oil.

J&J's here serves by volume with cheap products on large trays.

Bartons is worth a go if going by.

House of Pizza is worth a go.

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    Best bang for your buck outside of the aforementioned was Cappo's. Add a frosty mug after a hot summer game at $1 per was tip of the mark

Ingomike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    In Indy area Goodfellas at 96th and Olio road is excellent for NY pizza. Their Smokin Goodfella is a great non traditional pie and the crust is as good as any I have found in Indy.

In Michigan City the Local Option has the Chicago style that Giordanos should have in Indy but fails.

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    I live way down in southern Indiana, you could say I live in northwest Kentucky! And I can honestly say we have no pizza here!

well no good pizza anyway! You lucky hoity toity b@$7ards in Indy actually get “Chicago” pizza! All I get here in Evansville is spaghetti sauce on a cracker with cheese!

but covert una too and spanky’s have the best “spaghetti sauce on a cracker” pizzas in the Evansville area. (With an honorable mention to Franklin street pizza factory!”

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Has anyone mentioned Tark's in Galveston? It used to be really something. I haven't had one in a long long time.

rob63

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    Wife and I moved to PA, near Gettysburg, last winter.

The one thing we really miss is all of the great pizza places in Indiana!

Every place out here serves the exact same New York style with the most bland sauce you ever tasted. I miss the variety.

AtTheMurph

SHOOTER
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2013
    Perillo's in North Salem is good pizza.

Bridges in Greencastle is excellent.

Sal's (Plainfield/Brownsburg) is good if you can get them to cook it long enough.

"Chicago style" greasy/grossness is not pizza. I don't know what it is but pizza it is not.

Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Aug 4, 2017
    Fishers
    6 pages in and this place hasn't been mentioned? Wow.

It is honestly worth driving an hour to get this guys pies.

Prepare to wait in line for 30 minutes or more just to order because it's that dayum good and he is that busy everyday.

There is corn hole outside to pass the time while you wait for your chow.

I've heard great things about that place and it's on our list of places to try.

Ziggidy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 7, 2018
    Ziggidyville
    Pizza in Indiana? Seriously? New York City has pizza, real pizza. Take a trip to NYC and walk along most any block in Manhattan and you will find real pizza. And remember, Friends don't let Friends eat at chain restaurants, especially alleged pizza joint chains in Indiana.
    While I will agree that there is no real pizza in Indiana, New York Pizza? You mean that wet cardboard with pizza sauce in it?

The ONLY real pizza ia in Chicago area, cut in squares.

I will say the best in Indiana is Rosati's in Carmel. It's good when they decide to make it good.

BTW, Indiana has no idea what good Italian Sausage is, Italian Beef is and yes, I have seen people actually put ketchup on a hotdog!

Ziggidy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 7, 2018
    Ziggidyville
    I live way down in southern Indiana, you could say I live in northwest Kentucky! And I can honestly say we have no pizza here!

well no good pizza anyway! You lucky hoity toity b@$7ards in Indy actually get “Chicago” pizza! All I get here in Evansville is spaghetti sauce on a cracker with cheese!

but covert una too and spanky’s have the best “spaghetti sauce on a cracker” pizzas in the Evansville area. (With an honorable mention to Franklin street pizza factory!”
    Turoni's in Newburgh is the best in the Evansville area.

Top Bottom