• ...and so much more!
  • Super Bee

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    Wife and I moved to PA, near Gettysburg, last winter.

Very cool, we love Gettysburg. Up until last year we made it through there twice a year.

We just love driving through the battlefield and stopping off along the way through.

For pizza in town we have only been to two places. Tommys, which was meh and La Bella Italia which was better, but not great.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    While I will agree that there is no real pizza in Indiana, New York Pizza? You mean that wet cardboard with pizza sauce in it?

The ONLY real pizza ia in Chicago area, cut in squares.

I will say the best in Indiana is Rosati's in Carmel. It's good when they decide to make it good.

BTW, Indiana has no idea what good Italian Sausage is, Italian Beef is and yes, I have seen people actually put ketchup on a hotdog!

You mean that 3 inch thick glob called a pizza is good? Much rather have a nice crust, a crust so good you don't want them to cover it all so you have a little tasty breadstick. with a tangy sauce with the perfect amount of toppings meats, veggies, and cheese, to be tasty but not make that crisp crust soggy.

I do occasionally like a Chicago style but a great NY style is the bomb

mbills2223

Eternal Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Indy
    Good God, help us.
    I once showed a Pizza King pizza to a man visiting his son from Italy...this gentleman actually ran a pizza place in Italy. When he saw it, he started laughing and screaming "mere dusa" (not sure of spelling, but that's how it sounded). His son later told us that translated to rabbit ****.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    "good pizza" is in the eye of the beholder. I can't stand some styles of pizzas that others consider the best on the planet. The stuffed pizza that is like a pot pie... Blech. If i say i love Hot Box pizza, others will just dismiss and say '"that's not real pizza" :orly:

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    "good pizza" is in the eye of the beholder. I can't stand some styles of pizzas that others consider the best on the planet. The stuffed pizza that is like a pot pie... Blech. If i say i love Hot Box pizza, others will just dismiss and say '"that's not real pizza" :orly:

Well, that's because Hot Box Pizza really does suck.

JJ6187

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 7, 2021
    New Salisbury
    Sad we are this far into a pizza thread and no one has mentioned Tony Impellizzerri's in New Albany. I have ate it for almost 30 years and it's still the best pizza I ever had. Sad part is Tony is retiring in November. Get it while you can!
    I’ll have to check it out! It’s just a short ride up the road from me

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Has anyone mentioned Tark's in Galveston? It used to be really something. I haven't had one in a long long time.
    I think you are on the wrong forum. That quote thingy with 3 dots will get you to the right one.

SnoopLoggyDog

I'm a Citizen, not a subject
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    63   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Warsaw
    Circle Pizza in Greentown is my favorite Indiana pizza joint. Comes very close to surpassing Marion's Pizza in Dayton, Ohio. Their pizza is da bomb.

Ziggidy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 7, 2018
    Ziggidyville
    You mean that 3 inch thick glob called a pizza is good? Much rather have a nice crust, a crust so good you don't want them to cover it all so you have a little tasty breadstick. with a tangy sauce with the perfect amount of toppings meats, veggies, and cheese, to be tasty but not make that crisp crust soggy.

I do occasionally like a Chicago style but a great NY style is the bomb
    I'll agree.....I do not like thick crust or pan pizza. REAL pizza is thin and crispy.

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    I have family in New York. They love pizza that is a very thin crust like a cracker, with a thin layer of sauce and a thin layer of cheese. That is it, not even any garlic or oregano. When they served it I thought they were joking, but that is their favorite. They will barely take a bite of a pizza with thick cheese, three meats and 5 toppings. They don't even like bacon.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I have family in New York. They love pizza that is a very thin crust like a cracker, with a thin layer of sauce and a thin layer of cheese. That is it, not even any garlic or oregano. When they served it I thought they were joking, but that is their favorite. They will barely take a bite of a pizza with thick cheese, three meats and 5 toppings. They don't even like bacon.
    And you haven't disowned them yet?? :):

Reactions: Leo
    Top Bottom