There is No Good Pizza in Indiana Outside of the Region

COOPADUP

Master
Site Supporter
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Aug 8, 2017
WESTFIELD
A quick nod to Roseli’s up on the NW side of Indy. Sorry if this was a dupe.

Victory106

Plinker
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sep 28, 2021
Fort Wayne
I was recently in New York for work and was excited to try their pizza. Well Fort Wayne has better pizza than they do and that doesn't say much for the state of New York.

Haven

Network Warlord
Site Supporter
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Nov 6, 2016
Camby Area
Very cool Tim! I didn't know that, but I did know that there were various "incarnations" of Pizza King. The one by me is Pizza King Station. It has a train that delivers your drinks to your booth and the grandkids love that.

View attachment 160732
When my kid was little they liked going to there for the train to deliver drinks. I think we normally got sandwiches there though.

skydelta34

Sharpshooter
Site Supporter
Rating - 100%
44   0   0
Mar 18, 2008
Indianapolis
The “Ordinary” has a great pizza along with other. Offerings.
Harsi’s Pizza right up the street has some excels t pies.
Union Jacks has some really good pizza.
screw the chains.
Picked up a deluxe at harsi's yesterday. Very good pizza. Pretty clean on inside too. Good recommendation.

Somemedic

Sharpshooter
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Rosattis 4 cheese deep dish in Hobart or Edwardos in Highland also has fine deep dish if you can't make it into Chitcago to the original Unos. Mr Ts in Hobart has thin thats ok.

Tomato Bar in Valpo has some weird pizza but its damn good (artichoke hearts and stuff). Zorn in Michigan City is ok from what inhear too but I couldn't say first hand.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
Staff member
Administrator
Site Supporter
Rating - 100%
183   0   0
Dec 7, 2011
Speedway area
Picked up a deluxe at harsi's yesterday. Very good pizza. Pretty clean on inside too. Good recommendation.
He has been in the area for a long long time. He has a unique crust and it’s a family business.
you were a stones throw from us at his store.

kawtech87

Grandmaster
Rating - 100%
32   0   0
Nov 17, 2011
Martinsville
The Dog House in Monrovia is damned good pizza. Tomato Pie in Paragon is better than any chain but to expensive for what it is. Big Woods in Nashville is excellent as well. Been to Chicago, tried the pizza. Wasn't impressed

AlVine

Plinker
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Feb 12, 2014
Owen Co.
You guys are killing me. I escaped Illinois seven years ago and haven't had a good pizza since. What are some good places in Bloomington, Terre Haute, or anywhere in between?

churchmouse

I still care....Really
Staff member
Administrator
Site Supporter
Rating - 100%
183   0   0
Dec 7, 2011
Speedway area
Kentucky ave just west of Holt rd indy.
mickey and Bills. In the day they had some of the best pies. Hard to describe but just the best.
not tried them for a while. They are still there.

BigRed

Grandmaster
Site Supporter
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Dec 29, 2017
1,000 yards out
You guys are killing me. I escaped Illinois seven years ago and haven't had a good pizza since. What are some good places in Bloomington, Terre Haute, or anywhere in between?

If in Terre Haute, get on US 41.
Head north about 175 miles.
Stop at most any non-chain pizza place and you will be good to go.

Reactions: KG1

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
Site Supporter
Rating - 100%
73   0   1
Aug 18, 2011
Southside Indy
I pretty much look at anything north of 56th street in Indianapolis as too far north and somewhere to be avoided. And I wouldn't even go to 56th St. if I didn't work there (which thanks to Covid, I haven't had to do for a year and a half). :):

wcd

Master
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dec 2, 2011
Wilson County Tenn.
I pretty much look at anything north of 56th street in Indianapolis as too far north and somewhere to be avoided. And I wouldn't even go to 56th St. if I didn't work there (which thanks to Covid, I haven't had to do for a year and a half). :):
Perhaps you home address could be the best? All you need is 3 cups flour, 1 packet yeast, 1 tablespoon of Olive oil, 1 tablespoon sugar, 1 teaspoon of salt. Toss in Bread machine on dough setting, Craft pizza with your preferred toppings, place in Pellet Grill 12 minutes at 450.

End result pizza perfection!

Haven

Network Warlord
Site Supporter
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Nov 6, 2016
Camby Area
I go up north of 56th ST all the time. Mainly because my parents live just south of 86th St over by I-65.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
not4u2no
Top Bottom