• ...and so much more!
  • MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    Handled a P220 for the first time in Larson and Sons in Sheridan. Older one I believe, very nice smooth trigger.

Why yes .... P220's are Sigilicious ! :cool:

i-g22DsRj-L.jpg

grillak

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 22, 2021
    Indianapolis
    You guys should check out ACT mags, act was started by guys who left mecgar, I have a couple for my 220 and they’ve been flawless!, I bought them from cdnn sports, cdnn had sig brand mags for 50, mecgar for 25 and act for 20, and the act are nickel plated!

You should try them out!
    i bought 6 act mags when i got my first p220. then bought 4 more as i got more p220s.

i wish they would make some for the p320 in .40 s&w

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    I’ll give you A for effort.
    Single stack 45 that didn’t fit my hand all that great, had an extremely long reach it seemed. I was already there picking up a transfer, I’ve spent too much already this year, I’m really into my CZ triggers right now, 45 single stack…

On second thought I’ll give you a B- until you can complete the essay assignment.

grillak

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 22, 2021
    Indianapolis
    I’ll give you A for effort.
    Single stack 45 that didn’t fit my hand all that great, had an extremely long reach it seemed. I was already there picking up a transfer, I’ve spent too much already this year, I’m really into my CZ triggers right now, 45 single stack…

On second thought I’ll give you a B- until you can complete the essay assignment.
    the single stack is the only drawback to the p220. but mec gar and act both have a 10 rnd mag for the p220. i just carry an extra mag or 2. once i put the alumimium grips on the p220, i fell in love with how it fit my hand. tightened up my groupings.

i have yet to try a cz but i do love the trigger on my tanfaglio.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I spent a lot of time convinced that I had no use or desire for a P220. My single stack itch gets scratched with 1911s. I can not remember what changed my mind, but they are now among my favorite shooters. The SAO Legion is a great pistol for EDC. The aluminum frame carries a bit less of a weight penalty as compared to my full sized 1911s. The trigger is very good too. Not 1911 good, but few guns approach a good 1911 trigger in feel.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Question-why can’t sig make the Legions 226/229 in black?
    Sig does make Legions in black, but they are limited to LE sales only. I think that they also don't have grip medallions.

My guess is that from a marketing standpoint, they want Legions to stand out unless standing out would possibly call government spending into question for extravagance.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    I spent a lot of time convinced that I had no use or desire for a P220. My single stack itch gets scratched with 1911s. I can not remember what changed my mind, but they are now among my favorite shooters. The SAO Legion is a great pistol for EDC. The aluminum frame carries a bit less of a weight penalty as compared to my full sized 1911s. The trigger is very good too. Not 1911 good, but few guns approach a good 1911 trigger in feel.
    I bought my P220 a few years back (2018?) as an impulse LGS purchase. Got it home and was kinda "meh" on it. Ergos are a little off for me.

BUT

Once I got it to the range, it was great under fire! Can't say that I have enough rounds to have any level of proficiency but it is definitely one of those guns that shines under use.

grillak

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 22, 2021
    Indianapolis
    Sig does make Legions in black, but they are limited to LE sales only. I think that they also don't have grip medallions.

My guess is that from a marketing standpoint, they want Legions to stand out unless standing out would possibly call government spending into question for extravagance.
    aimsurplus had some of the black leo trade-ins a while back. they were gone by the time i realized what they were

grillak

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 22, 2021
    Indianapolis
    I owned one for a short time. In 45ACP, the other drawback shows up in the P220 too. The higher bore axis and muzzle flip. Seriously more noticeable in that firearm than a lot of other 45ACP pistols out there, in my opinion.
    i've never gotten into bore axis. i just figure out how to adjust my grip for poa. i haven't really experienced muzzle flip. at least compared to my p229 in .40. it's definitely smoother than my p220 carry. that half inch less on the barrel does make a difference

edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis
    I owned one for a short time. In 45ACP, the other drawback shows up in the P220 too. The higher bore axis and muzzle flip. Seriously more noticeable in that firearm than a lot of other 45ACP pistols out there, in my opinion.
    If memory serves, the bore axis on a P220 is only 60 thousandths of an inch more than a 1911.

ChrisK

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Starke County

Restricted to LE/MIL only. Retired LE/MIL and NRA Instructors qualified for the program also. It's called the Armed Professional Program.

Top Bottom