• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tomahawkman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Aug 7, 2014
    Hamilton County
    recently picked up this .40 229. Can anyone advise what year sig stopped making this style slide?

R3MJ1kV.jpg

edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis
    recently picked up this .40 229. Can anyone advise what year sig stopped making this style slide?

R3MJ1kV.jpg
    Nice!
    I don't know when they stopped making that style slide, but I have some that were made in about 2017 that are called (if memory serves) legacy models with that same style slide.

COURSE what you need to do to make it complete is get a Sig OEM .357 Sig barrel for it.
    I got it and a new recoil spring (to be on the safe side) from Midway.

That's what I did, plus replaced the recoil spring because I didn't know how many shots had been fired with it.
    But the magazines work for both calibers and that .357 Sig is great self defense carry ammo!
    The 125 grain hollow points by Underwood are rated at 1475fps and quite potent.

BiscuitsandGravy

Future 'shootered'
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 8, 2016
    At the Ranch.
    Nice!
    I don't know when they stopped making that style slide, but I have some that were made in about 2017 that are called (if memory serves) legacy models with that same style slide.

COURSE what you need to do to make it complete is get a Sig OEM .357 Sig barrel for it.
    I got it and a new recoil spring (to be on the safe side) from Midway.

That's what I did, plus replaced the recoil spring because I didn't know how many shots had been fired with it.
    But the magazines work for both calibers and that .357 Sig is great self defense carry ammo!
    The 125 grain hollow points by Underwood are rated at 1475fps and quite potent.
    +1 for Underwood .357Sig :thumbsup:. Plus Underwood has been running some sales lately. You can't beat their $7.95 shipping.

BiscuitsandGravy

Future 'shootered'
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 8, 2016
    At the Ranch.
    Down the rabbit hole of DIY-'Poor mans' color contrast sites for my P239...

This project was inspired by the look and visibility of non-tritium luminescent sights on HK's and Iraqveteran8888 video- Video link.

Iraqveteran8888 removed the 'clay' from his M&P sights then mixed a 2 part resin with pigment. I initially tried that but the Sig sight divots are so shallow there is not much space for the resin-pigment mix. I might try the resin-pigment method on a old set of tritium's after removing the vials.

I then tried to mix up the luminescent pigment and clear nail polish to get the 'glow in the dark' effect. It worked but the day time color brightness was just not quite there for me.

So... I resorted to Testors Fluorescent Enamel Paint set for $16.99 Amazon link Its not 'glow-in-the-dark', but the color contrast is there.

To help keep the color bright, leave the original contrast site white then carefully using a toothpick, place a tiny drop of the Testers paint into the sight divot. Keep the drop small so to utilize 'surface tension' of the paint and rim of the divot. Wait to dry, repeat a couple more times. Again- be very careful and keep the drop small on the toothpick. You don't want it to run all over the sight out of the divot. I used a Pana-vise to hold the slide at the proper angle to fill the sight divots.

After seeing how bright the pink color is in person, I almost used pink for the front sight.

*** Special thanks to the Ingo member who sent me a set of Sig 3 dot take-offs. You know who you are. :thumbsup:

YMMV and proceed at your own risk.

B&G
    :ingo: :patriot:

81RtDtkYJkL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Front site in fluorescent yellow and rears in orange...
    2022-06-24 14_42_23-20220624_142332-800x600.jpg 2022-06-24 14_43_27-20220624_142318-800x600.jpg 2022-06-24 14_44_21-20220624_142409-800.jpg

Link to 2 part resin craft epoxy: Amazon link
    Link to Glow in the dark pigment: Amazon link

Last edited:

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I’m hoping to find the Sig .22 and am hoping not to find the Sig 10mm. Either will probably follow me home but one of those will require breaking out a CC. Maybe once the gun fund fully restocks, I’ll get lucky and find the 10mm at an LGS.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    I’m hoping to find the Sig .22 and am hoping not to find the Sig 10mm. Either will probably follow me home but one of those will require breaking out a CC. Maybe once the gun fund fully restocks, I’ll get lucky and find the 10mm at an LGS.
    We had a "shoot-off" comparison last Saturday between the P322, M&P 22c, Glock 44 and the Taurus TX-22.

The Glock had the best trigger though it was a Timney aftermarket. The Taurus was next (TK trigger) and then the P322. M&P was a distant fourth.

Ergonomics was lead by the Sig and then the Taurus and the M&P. The Glock...well....felt like a Glock so...

None of the guns had any failures with CCI SV.

Of the four, I liked the P322 the best and the 20 round mag capacity really put it over the top. My only "complaint" is that I expected a better trigger given the hammer fired geometry of the gun. Its not bad, I just expected better.

acff892a91787bfd58c5b5b833c28bbb.jpg

KeeperoftheH

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 5, 2022
    Fort Wayne
    Finally got this out of layaway from my local pawn shop last week, pretty excited to get it to the range! It's a 9mm, got it with one mag and no case for $700 out the door, not mad about the price at all. I can't say I'm a fan of the E2 grip, and the SRT kinda freaks me out (I'm too used to stock P-series triggers, I guess), but this is a sweet gun, and easily the fanciest I own! PXL_20220624_214655724.jpg

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Finally got this out of layaway from my local pawn shop last week, pretty excited to get it to the range! It's a 9mm, got it with one mag and no case for $700 out the door, not mad about the price at all. I can't say I'm a fan of the E2 grip, and the SRT kinda freaks me out (I'm too used to stock P-series triggers, I guess), but this is a sweet gun, and easily the fanciest I own! View attachment 208875

Congrats on a great find. I have been putting Hogue checkered G10s on most of my classic P series guns and love the things. E2 grips are Ok, but a good set of G10 grips is hard to beat

Top Bottom