• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    Current rumor is Sig is ceasing production of all .40 Short and Weak guns, a cursory search through their website makes me think it's true.

Amusing Glock just added 40 to the Gen 5 lineup and Sig drops it.

92FSTech

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 24, 2020
    North Central
    Wouldn't surprise me in the least. Sig is really good at discontinuing stuff. They killed off the P320 in .45 a while back in kind of the same manner, and it made me kind of sad. I'm not going to miss the .40. I have one gun chambered in it, but I'm more of a 9mm/45 ACP guy. Small and fast or big and heavy...I don't really have a need for the compromise cartridge. .40 is falling out of favor across the board right now, and demand being overwhelming at the moment, I can understand Sig wanting to focus on the stuff that is most sought-after.

That said, I like options. Sig was teasing a 10mm P320 a couple of years ago at Shot Show, and the instructor at my Sig armorer's class last year confirmed they were working on it...but to date I haven't seen or heard anything more about it. I'm sure they're more than a little busy right now just trying to keep up with demand for their current production stuff, but if they ever get around to releasing that one, I'll be a buyer. That's a .40 I can get excited about!

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Current rumor is Sig is ceasing production of all .40 Short and Weak guns, a cursory search through their website makes me think it's true.

Amusing Glock just added 40 to the Gen 5 lineup and Sig drops it.

The flood of LE trade in guns is starting to recede a bit. They might be able to start moving Gen 5s in .40 if they are not competing with $350 Gen 4s in good condition. Maybe Sig will do the same

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I ordered 3 9mm 18 round mags for a P226 despite not actually owning a 9mm P226. GregCoteLLC had them in stock and I plan on picking up a 9mm 226 this year and am thinking that there’s a reasonable chance that the 18 round mags might be hard to come by when the budget allows adding a new gun to the collection again. I also grabbed a 13 round .40 mag for my P229s.

deo62

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 8, 2009
    Peru
    Been using it for about a year or so and they work great. Actually going to order another pair for the wife.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I’ve got the itch for a P226 DA/SA Legion in 9mm. I’ve been playing with a 9mm barrel in my .40 P226 and like the combination. I’ve seen a few pop up in the classies but they always seem to have the word “sold” in the description.

One of these days I’ll get lucky but until then, my .40 with the stock 9mm barrel will have to do.

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    I’ve got the itch for a P226 DA/SA Legion in 9mm. I’ve been playing with a 9mm barrel in my .40 P226 and like the combination. I’ve seen a few pop up in the classies but they always seem to have the word “sold” in the description.

One of these days I’ll get lucky but until then, my .40 with the stock 9mm barrel will have to do.
    Never second-guess the mighty 226, no matter what the caliber, or trim package !
    That's what I always say, 88. :cool:

Mine won't leave me until the hands are cold, and dead !

i-qFk7dTq-L.jpg

Top Bottom